[MEGATHREAD] The SWGoH Community Team is Growing

Replies

• HK22 wrote: »
    First, welcome aboard.

Second, can you give us an idea of what increased communication means to you? Everyone has their own ideas of what "increased" or "quality" communication looks like, but have some specific details would go along way in clearing that up with the community.

First, thank you!

Secondly, you're right. Everyone has their own idea of what increased communication means. In this particular instance, actions over time will speak louder than words in this moment. This isn't an overnight thing. Rather, it'll be more of a sustained effort of engaging with the community. I'm thinking of it as a step-by-step journey. But, if an opportunity to take a leap makes sense and presents itself, I'll go for it.

That's my philosophical approach. It's too early to get into specifics, but I can say that the first step is being more present on the forums and looking into other mediums for communicating to the players.

• Zanir wrote: »
    I'll wait and see how the community team is communicating a month from now. I predict it'll be back to the old ways of little to nothing.

ntpzvqms4x5s.jpg

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I prefer gifs, but this is still a good start.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    So why do you have a red banner while crumb has a blue banner?

Are you also a developer on the game too?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    So why do you have a red banner while crumb has a blue banner?

Are you also a developer on the game too?

Good question regarding the red banner. Perhaps, like Anakin, I'm a Sith and don't know it yet?

As far as my role, I am committed to the Community team. So, while I have many duties (some of which are outward facing, some of which are internal), I plan on spending plenty of time acting as a liaison between players and devs, as well as engaging with the community here on the forums (and looking into other forms of engagement as well).
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ok, formal greetings are in the can, let’s start talking business and do some community managing.
    1. Are we getting a Road ahead or SofG soon? (as in this month)
    2. Are we getting a Q&A session soon?
    3. Do you plan on doing any interviews( Youtubers/GWR?)
    4. Do you like lists?
    5. Are you gonna finally kill the dev tracker or update it?
    6. Crumb had Friday facts, how about Monday Morsel?

Whoa...are you just gonna pretend Taco Tuesday doesn't exist???

Is "Friday Facts" something you'd like to see return?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    No answer to #4 I see.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Friday Facts or Monday Morsels could be an engaging thing. For myself, I would like to see maybe some type of fun polls for the community like "Favorite Legendary Event", "Worst Zeta in the game", "Which of these characters would you like to see reworked", etc. It could potentially let the community feel like they are being heard, lead to some interesting discussions, and work on rebuilding community trust.
    Ok, formal greetings are in the can, let’s start talking business and do some community managing.
    4. Do you like lists?

Formal greetings are used when interacting with others to be polite and show respect. Glad we covered that first.

Now, to those questions:

1. Crumb is working on it as we speak.
    2. Nothing on the schedule for this month.
    3. Yes.
    4. This one in particular? Or lists in general?
    5. Impeccable timing: we had a discussion about the dev tracker last week. Stay tuned.
    6. Are "Friday Facts" something you'd like to see make a comeback? That seems like it could be fun.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    i love friday fun facts

bring them back
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    Friday Facts or Monday Morsels could be an engaging thing. For myself, I would like to see maybe some type of fun polls for the community like "Favorite Legendary Event", "Worst Zeta in the game", "Which of these characters would you like to see reworked", etc. It could potentially let the community feel like they are being heard, lead to some interesting discussions, and work on rebuilding community trust.

i hope mace windu never gets reworked because i like how upset everyone gets over mace's kit :joy:
  • Doja, any insights on when I can expect road ahead? Is a Windu rework in the books? Welcome to the team!
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

i hope mace windu never gets reworked because i like how upset everyone gets over mace's kit :joy:

Eh, I could care less about Mace Windu, but I would be down for a Wedge and Biggs tune-up. I honestly was thinking more of a line up, "We've identified these as absolutely horrible zetas (like Stormtroopers) and wanted to see which one the community might want reworked."

4. Do you like lists?

Formal greetings are used when interacting with others to be polite and show respect. Glad we covered that first.

Now, to those questions:

1. Crumb is working on it as we speak.
    2. Nothing on the schedule for this month.
    3. Yes.
    4. This one in particular? Or lists in general?
    5. Impeccable timing: we had a discussion about the dev tracker last week. Stay tuned.
    6. Are "Friday Facts" something you'd like to see make a comeback? That seems like it could be fun.

I think this is the start of a beautiful time in swgoh!

Awesome news and it’s so refreshing to get a response. Friday facts or Monday Morsels are something I would love to see. Staying tuned!
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Keep your skin thick and your wits sharp!
  • Will we ever get non GL legendary or confrontation characters any more? Will you regularly be in forums or is this a temporary thing?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @CG_Doja_Fett

Fun facts and any little odd tidbits of semi or entirely game related information are always great.

I dont know about others but I love hearing them.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Keep your skin thick and your wits sharp!

I have psoriasis and enjoy wise cracks. Does that count as thick skin and sharp wit? :lol:
  • Will we ever get non GL legendary or confrontation characters any more? Will you regularly be in forums or is this a temporary thing?

I don't make the call as to which character we release/design. However, of course there will be non-GL characters introduced into the game. Some are coming soon, in fact.

As far as my role, it isn't temporary. You're stuck with me for a while.
  • Would you be the person to ask if cg will ever address one of their emoyees negotiating with cheaters?
  • What character/faction do you enjoy playing the most in SWGOH?
  • Hynesy
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2020

3. Yes.
    Hey Doja. Welcome Aboard Sir!

In regard to your reply re: interviews do you intend on apprearing on just the GWR in future or will you be considering other creators?

I know of this crazy Austalian guy named Hynesy who has a Twitch stream on fridays you would be more than welcome to join in anytime if you require. Would not even need to talk shop, would more be a casual atmosphere where the community gets to know the amazing people who create the game we love.

Cheers
    - H

I've always had a thing for Asajj and Nightsisters. I got the Asajj legacy saber from Galaxy's Edge. I also have an irrational love of Wampa.

As for more recent characters, I think JKL is super cool.

The Vader rework makes him hit different, and his MM is super fun to use. Geo Spy hits like a truck and I like all the assist action of the Geo faction.

Which are your favorites?
  • CubsFan2016
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Hynesy wrote: »

3. Yes.
    Hey Doja. Welcome Aboard Sir!

In regard to your reply re: interviews do you intend on apprearing on just the GWR in future or will you be considering other creators?

I know of this crazy Austalian guy named Hynesy who has a Twitch stream on fridays you would be more than welcome to join in anytime if you require. Would not even need to talk shop, would more be a casual atmosphere where the community gets to know the amazing people who create the game we love.

Cheers
    - H

I for one would LOVE to see you join Hynesy & I on Rogue Actions Doja. Open invite for whenever my man! How can we make that happen :smirk:

I've always had a thing for Asajj and Nightsisters. I got the Asajj legacy saber from Galaxy's Edge. I also have an irrational love of Wampa.

The Vader rework makes him hit different, and his MM is super fun to use. Geo Spy hits like a truck and I like all the assist action of the Geo faction.

Oh I'm a Scoundrel lover through and through, with a soft spot for rebels (which I know have an excuse to gear up)

Vandor is one of my favourites for sure.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    What character/faction do you enjoy playing the most in SWGOH?

Almost perfect answer, just missing ewok love.

Will we ever get non GL legendary or confrontation characters any more? Will you regularly be in forums or is this a temporary thing?

I don't make the call as to which character we release/design. However, of course there will be non-GL characters introduced into the game. Some are coming soon(tm), in fact.

As far as my role, it isn't temporary. You're stuck with me for a while.

Fixed that for you ;)
  • I’m all out Galactic republic. Ive Got one of the top 300 Cody’s in the world. Relic 7 baby 😎
  • BroderickJoens
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    What about crumb? Is he staying at CG?
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I'm not dead yet! My role is not changing and Doja's coming in to bring some additional firepower
    So he's Boba to your Jango, Anakin to your Kenobi, or Lugubrious Mote to your SB Crumb? I feel like those last two should be switched.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Hey Doja,

It’s great to see you active on this forum but it would be great if you and/or crumb would be active on other platforms. One being discord where a large percentage of players are on and would love do connect with other people as well as devs. Or if you guys would interact or with content creators such as Cubs or Ahnald who can reach larger audiences. Or at the very least it would by nice if we could get a weekly or bi weekly update just to know what’s going on with the game. I hope you listen to the community’s feedback and good luck on your new position.

Also 501st is the best faction.