Is There Any Footage of SEE vs JML Yet?

13Next

Replies

• Is this the balance alluded to between GL's https://youtube.com/watch?v=abbhTQwvZ1w&lc=Ugw48o-YF9YJYQ9xwVd4AaABAg.9Eke0OkEnJJ9Ekf3ihjNyG

SEE would need 50 turns to get his ultimate and cant link obviously which is WAI ??
  • Thanks for the response CG_Doja_Fett!
  • scuba wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    When in doubt, check out either CubsFanHan, AhnaldT101 or Bulldog.

These three are fast when it comes to getting footage of new characters.

Except with the exception of bulldog, itsjustian and clash they won't be able to explain or scrutinise what's going on in the video they are showing, amidst all the shouting and "I don't know guys, this doesn't look like working right"s to me.

Great now @Clash2Far head will get bigger

It balances it out with how much grief you give me.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Zanir wrote: »
    What am I seeing itt? Communication? From the community manager? He tracked down a designer for this?

I must be dreaming.

In all honesty how hard could it be? I mean based on the amount of content over the last 3 years, there's probably only 1 designer to track down lol.

But yeah the detail was appreciated.

Now someone who actually has more motivation than myself should take that post and match it against the pull of the code under the skills on swgoh.gg and see if the two add up. hahahaha
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    What am I seeing itt? Communication? From the community manager? He tracked down a designer for this?

I must be dreaming.

In all honesty how hard could it be? I mean based on the amount of content over the last 3 years, there's probably only 1 designer to track down lol.

But yeah the detail was appreciated.

Now someone who actually has more motivation than myself should take that post and match it against the pull of the code under the skills on swgoh.gg and see if the two add up. hahahaha

Unfortunately most of what he described you can see in the .gg mechanics
  • Did we find an answer to why protection up under Bastila seems to suddenly disappear altogether sometimes when Luke is linked?
  • Did we find an answer to why protection up under Bastila seems to suddenly disappear altogether sometimes when Luke is linked?

I’m pretty sure SEE’s draining it.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Did we find an answer to why protection up under Bastila seems to suddenly disappear altogether sometimes when Luke is linked?

I haven't seen a video of it however as with malak not being able to gain protection up because he has -1000% max protection, my guess is lukes is going negative till it goes past what bastia protection up will be.

Edit:
    Removed info about heal after watching video
    Post edited by scuba on
    Did we find an answer to why protection up under Bastila seems to suddenly disappear altogether sometimes when Luke is linked?

I haven't seen a video of it however as with malak not being able to gain protection up because he has -1000% max protection, my guess is lukes is going negative till it goes past what bastia protection up will be, along with it being depleted by damage (heal from wat doesn't replenish protection up)

Er... you know the thread where Bastila lead JML with Wat is a problem? Because it seems like Wat is replenishing Prot Up.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

I haven't seen a video of it however as with malak not being able to gain protection up because he has -1000% max protection, my guess is lukes is going negative till it goes past what bastia protection up will be, along with it being depleted by damage (heal from wat doesn't replenish protection up)

Er... you know the thread where Bastila lead JML with Wat is a problem? Because it seems like Wat is replenishing Prot Up.

To be honest I did't slow it down to watch the numbers I took the commentary for it which stated the protection heal numbers where going down each time. If he is healing for less each time than the combined max protection is dropping, bonus/protection up is used before regular protection.

Edit:
    I will try to look at it more later for the healing part.

Still max protection is going negative because of linked which will remove protection up

Edit 2:
    Found a different video and yeah the protection recovery is definitely restoring protection up. Not sure if that is WAI, but removed that from post.
  • This is amazing, a response, an explanation of the mechanics to help the community, wow, just wow. I don't login to the forums or post, but this was worth of an expression of THANKS!
    Arkantos2 wrote: »

Hey, y'all.
    I tracked down a designer for some thoughts on the video. Hope this helps clear up some things.

---
    DESIGNER FEEDBACK:

Note on how Max Protection changes work: When Max Protection is increased or decreased, the unit's Protection is also increased or decreased by the same integer amount.
    1:40 - He says Protection looks unaffected. However, that's how Max Protection changes work visually when at 100% Protection. If you are at 100% Protection, the bar will stay at 100% visually when you increase or decrease Max Protection.
    2:28 - He counts the 8,623 damage twice, throwing off the total damage calculation.
    2:34 - He doesn't count the 14,687 damage hit at the end of the counter attacks, throwing off the total damage calculation.
    2:39 - He says the counter attacks dealt about 20% of Luke's Protection in damage going off of the bar. However, he's counting the extra half-pip that exists to help maintain the visual presentation of the bar (which slopes down at the ends); it was actually ~4/15 pips or ~26% of Luke's Protection.
    3:00 - He assumes stat adjustments stack multiplicatively, but they don't; they stack additively. This means that -80% is being added to +70% (from the Galactic Legend unique ability and Luke being at R7) for a total of -10% from Luke's base Max Protection (before the 100% Mastery increase comes into play).
    With proper numbers:
    8,623 + 3,907 + 9,894 + 14,687 = 37,111
    37,111 / 0.26 = 142,734
    142,734 / 0.9 = 158,593 base Max Protection (estimated)
    3:10 - He says that Linked is dealing percent damage, which it is not. It is modifying Max Protection, so it does not interact with the Galactic Legend unique ability.
    4:09 - He says that General Skywalker won't take a turn because he's been Feared. Fear doesn't stop a character from taking turns, it simply prevents the character from using an ability until the effect expires. So Skywalker takes his turn, triggering the Linked Max Protection reduction, doesn't use an ability due to Fear, and then his turn is over. Also incorrectly called "skips his turn" at 4:20.
    4:22 - The visual change in the Protection bar here is because the game removes from Protection the exact amount of Max Protection that was removed. This causes the percentage fill to be different (e.g. 7/10 = 70%, 2/5 = 40%). General Skywalker's Protection bar is gone because he has reached 0 or less Max Protection. As stated earlier, Luke is not taking any damage here so the Galactic Legend unique ability does not interact with this stat modification.
    4:43 - He says that the AI interaction is not working as intended. The functionality of stat modifications is not affected by the AI. If he simply meant the functionality on defense, that also has no effect on stat modifications. I can guarantee that everything is working as intended here.
    5:00 - Just want to reiterate that this effect is not a damaging effect, so there is no interaction with the Galactic Legend unique ability's damage reduction.
    5:24 - The granted ability's damage is based on Luke's base Max Protection, which is the value he had when he entered battle. This means that both increases and decreases to his Max Protection over the course of battle will not impact the damage or recovery portions of Inherited Teachings.
    - Side note: When referenced in abilities, "base [stat]" refers to the stat as the unit entered battle, meaning it does factor in mods. As such, modding Jedi Master Luke Skywalker with additional Max Protection will increase Inherited Teachings' damage and recovery.
    5:37 - Yes.
    6:05 - The people that responded to him are correct that modifying Max Protection is not dealing damage, and no, nothing is going wrong. There are just incorrect assumptions being made regarding how the game works.

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I doubt if anyone else besides maybe scuba even cares anymore, but I realized a couple more things to do with the numbers:

GML is also getting another 5% Max Protection from Revan's unique. So after the first drop, he is at 115% Max protection, and 35% after the second drop.

The 10350 was what I grabbed from swgoh.gg thinking it was his Mastery bonus. But I see that they don't seem to list the Mastery bonuses, so someone with a maxed GML will have to tell me what his protection Mastery bonus is. GK's is +9900, so I might assume it's the same for Luke.

There's also still the issue of determining percentage from the pips. It occurs to me that depending on how the game decides the next pip is necessary, the percentage could be more than 6% off from the estimate.

I haven't seen a video of it however as with malak not being able to gain protection up because he has -1000% max protection, my guess is lukes is going negative till it goes past what bastia protection up will be.

Edit:

I didn’t realize protection can go negative. That seems extremely broken. So that also means that SEE is gaining max protection himself when he is essentially removing invisible protection from linked allies who have no more Max protection?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Edit:

I didn’t realize protection can go negative. That seems extremely broken. So that also means that SEE is gaining max protection himself when he is essentially removing invisible protection from linked allies who have no more Max protection?

Is that why he's super durable?
  • Ultra wrote: »

Edit:

Is that why he's super durable?

I haven’t looked at the exact numbers, but it would make sense.
  • Wow @CG_Doja_Fett I’m floored to see this kind of response! You guys may not believe me but it reignited my Desiree to love the game more now knowing there is some interaction with the community on concerns or issues. Very happy to see this :)
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Oh... that... that changes things.

If only he could still heal Protection in his Ult form. I guess you could always give him Wat.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett Can I get a similarly detailed response to a question on why we still have no Gungan representation in-game? 😏
  • yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @CG_Doja_Fett Can I get a similarly detailed response to a question on why we still have no Gungan representation in-game? 😏

https://images.app.goo.gl/3Pz8J4d1xJJbeX2o7
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Edit:

If i am reading the infomration right order of operations are
    1. Get Max protection value
    2. Store as blackboard value (this is esentially a temp variable)
    3. Reduce enemy max protection by -20% or -80%
    4. Check if the blackboard value is > 0 if it is => Store current enemy Max Protection value as CONTEXT_VALUE
    5. Subtract the CONTEXT_VALUE from the blackboard value
    6. Check if the blackboard value is > 0 if it is => Give SEE 25% of the blackboard value as max protection

So the first Check if the blackboard value is > 0 or not should stop SEE from getting protection once the unit loses all protection.
    Once the enemy unit Max protection goes negative the CONTEXT_VALUE will always be null or 0 (not sure what they use) so the blackboard value should always be negative.