Tenacity Down landing when it shouldn’t?

MorgothUnbound
7 posts Member
edited October 2020
I just wanted to verify with people before filing a bug, but my understanding is the chance to resist a debuff is MAX(15%, Tenacity -Potency) in which case by 163% Relic 3 Malak never should have been able to get a Tenqcity down from a NS zombie? This cost me my GAC so I’m a bit annoyed

*updated for clarity
Post edited by MorgothUnbound on

Replies

• *his NS Zombie has 17% potency
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    There's always a 15% chance that a debuff can land, even with 1 million percent tenacity.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Tenacity down CAN'T be resisted no matter how high your tenacity is.
  • Tenacity down CAN'T be resisted no matter how high your tenacity is.

This.
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    There's always a 15% chance that a debuff can land, even with 1 million percent tenacity.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t right. I’ve never seen anyone with Tenacity Up getting any resistable debuffs (unless they also have Tenacity Down, which cancels it out and is irresistible in and of itself).
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

Not correct
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    scuba wrote: »

Not correct

I knew it was the other way around.. There's always a 15% chance to resist a debuff, even with 1 million potency.

But still he said Potency Down, not Tenacity Down. It's misleading and Kynos edit to the title screwed it up even more.. Zombie provides Tenacity Down on her basic which can't be resisted, case closed.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not correct

I knew it was the other way around.. There's always a 15% chance to resist a debuff, even with 1 million potency.

But still he said Potency Down, not Tenacity Down. It's misleading and Kynos edit to the title screwed it up even more.. Zombie provides Tenacity Down on her basic which can't be resisted, case closed.

I didnt change the title, I just moved it to the Strategy section.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Not correct

Okay, that's it. I'm going to bed.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    OP means tenacity down, as zombie doesn't give potency down.

But tenacity down can't be resisted, even with tenacity up. So the only way you don't get it is if you're immune.
  • MorgothUnbound
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Ahhhh yes sorry for the confusion I meant Tenacity down of course and it does look like Tenacity Down is the only non locked buff that cannot be resisted

For the rest it is possible to have your tenacity high enough to resist everything (there is always a 15% chance to resist and not a 15% chance to apply)

Thank you all
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Not correct

Okay, that's it. I'm going to bed.

Don't give up so easily. 😂
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Ahhhh yes sorry for the confusion I meant Tenacity down of course and it does look like Tenacity Down is the only non locked buff that cannot be resisted

For the rest it is possible to have your tenacity high enough to resist everything (there is always a 15% chance to resist and not a 15% chance to apply)

Thank you all

Tenacity down is the only debuff, IIRC, that doesn't state that it can't be resisted that can't be resisted.

Overall it is to easy for potency to over power tenacity.

100% tenacity can be over come by 85% potency

150% tenacity can be overcome by 135% potency

Many leads of debuff heavy teams give big potency boosts (30-40%)

You could get modded for 200% tenacity and still not resist everything that is resistable.