FOTP viable at 4*?

Just wondering, since I'm building a First Order team and would like to include FOTP. I have him at 4* currently, and was wondering if that would be good enough to use him in the Arena?

He'd be placed with a 7* Phasma lead, 7* FOO, 6* RG and an as-yet undecided other - probably Kylo Ren, although I am still working him up to 7*.

Replies

• I wouldn't think so, you would be an easy target, he already has low health, and your team isn't fast, RG wouldn't save him from a QGJ or Geo opening strike

You could probably win on offense, I would give it a try just to use him though
  • I don't think so at least not for arena since he is highly susceptible to getting one shot even at 7*. For GW the Ai doesn't focus targets as hard as players do but his damage makes him draw a lot of threat so they might be try to smoke him early as well.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    I run a FO team in arena, top 50. I use FOTP 4* on attack, and trade him for 86 on defense. On defense I run phasma fives 86 Dooku daka. It's kept me from falling lately. On offense I go phasma Kylo FOTP Dooku RG and have fair luck.
  • Royce
    83 posts Member
    He's not viable at 4* cause I can easily kill him even at 7* My suggestion is if you're a F2P player might as well get IG-86. IG-86 is easier to farm and lvl and he's like a poor man's FOTP. He hits hard basic or special with a crit of 5k+ on his basic and can instant kill a toon on his special attack.
    In-game name: Royce. Ally code: 844-142-988
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Royce wrote: »
    He's not viable at 4* cause I can easily kill him even at 7* My suggestion is if you're a F2P player might as well get IG-86. IG-86 is easier to farm and lvl and he's like a poor man's FOTP. He hits hard basic or special with a crit of 5k+ on his basic and can instant kill a toon on his special attack.

This
  • He's called a glass cannon for a reason. If he gets a chance to fire he'll make you proud. But he can be finished on an AOE sometimes.
  • Im assuming all geared and maxed..
    Yes he would be very viable with that squad, probably deadly honestly
    But when having a 4 star will make you targetted and drop you in arena
  • DrewN76 wrote: »
    I run a FO team in arena, top 50. I use FOTP 4* on attack, and trade him for 86 on defense. On defense I run phasma fives 86 Dooku daka. It's kept me from falling lately. On offense I go phasma Kylo FOTP Dooku RG and have fair luck.

nice strategy!
  • Yes. I had him at 4* and ranked around 200 in arena. You only get one or two attacks out of him, but that's one or two dead opposing toons.

He is a straight-up murderer. I don't know if they changed his 7* HP, but I hear the HP goes way up when he's maxed out.
  • Thanks for the input guys - all very sound advice. I am predominantly F2P, I throw down every now and then but not massive amounts. I've also been very unlucky not to get any shards for FOTP, weirdly though I have enough to 6-star Kit Fisto :-P

I do have IG-86 at 6* and was toying with the idea of throwing him in, so I'll definitely give that a try.
  • Oh and yes, all G8 and maxed.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I have him at 4*. He works nice on offense but I dropped from 35 to 60 those days...
    Usually:
    Phasma/rey6*/lumi/poe6*/sid

With FOTP:
    Phasma/rey6*/FOTP4*/RP/QGJ5* (change QGJ for RG4* or Poe, it works nice too... GS would be even better)
  • KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Just wondering, since I'm building a First Order team and would like to include FOTP. I have him at 4* currently, and was wondering if that would be good enough to use him in the Arena?

He'd be placed with a 7* Phasma lead, 7* FOO, 6* RG and an as-yet undecided other - probably Kylo Ren, although I am still working him up to 7*.

Dude, Sid's AOE alone can take out a 4* FOTP if he crits
  • Well just to draw a line under this, I had a go with him in GW. @DarthBooey you were right, he is absolutely lethal but goes down faster than a tart's knickers ;-)

I've now almost 5* him but the point about Sid's AoE is well taken, so until I can get him up to 7* I think he'll be a nice reserve character.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    KyleKatarn wrote: »

Dude, Sid's AOE alone can take out a 4* FOTP if he crits

It's true, I try to stun Sid with my Dooku because if not Sid aoe knocks out my FOTP then I have to hope Daka Rez.
  • I got mine to 6* before I threw him in to my arena team. It seems to be working ok, haven't dropped that many positions. Not more than before anyway.