Spot the problem

Prev1
363uroxbhcvr.png
ud1rs7geh1yz.png
2eb8e1vc1x39.png
3wy36pmpbl8z.png
kr74fbx7s9xi.png
p8ngl4m4s6c2.png

Every relic material has a way to scavenge or farm gear to build up mats except the carbonite circuit board.

This mat has the worst ratio for scavenger and is unsustainable.

This needs an overhaul and needs to be more f2p friendly

Replies

• Their counter argument is going to be it is F2P and you need to manage resources better. I don’t agree with it myself but just be prepared for that counter argument from any undying loyalists to CG.
  • Why can't you farm gear for the carbonite circuit board? LS 1-D Normal has a great return on circuit board material.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Their counter argument is going to be it is F2P and you need to manage resources better. I don’t agree with it myself but just be prepared for that counter argument from any undying loyalists to CG.

Dont forget to mention that we will now see a litany of screen shots showing its not a problem.
  • Why can't you farm gear for the carbonite circuit board? LS 1-D Normal has a great return on circuit board material.

You need an absurd amount of gear to get just 100 carbonite pieces.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Debuff how long have you been playing? roughly how many relics do you have?
  • Kyno wrote: »

Been playing since 4months after launch, i have about 45 relic characters. Only have 1 GL and just about ready to unlock jedi luke. Havnt spent money on this game since we had the "100 crystals per day for 20 days packs" the carbonite has been a serious bottleneck where as the other mats are manageable

You can, but the number needed to convert the first two requirements is a bottle neck. You can buy 5 of the MK 7 BlasTech Weapon Mods from the guild store for 150 currency you get 300 trade in, or for the 5 you would get 33 Chromium Transistors. If you need Aurodium Heatsinks, then you can get 500 value for 1 MK III Sienar Holo Projector. and so on... but to only get a top value of 6, that takes a lot of materials to farm what is the base of every relic level. 1,050 on Electrum, and 900 on Zinbiddle.
    lhfct7jvbgvb.png
    hiw0dmfqxkw9.png
  • Oh I'd gladly salvage these for Bronzium or Carbonite too.....nn32dzob0xhv.png
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    lmajr13tjvwm.png

I would like to point out the only reason i have 50 to 60 of each gear in this screen, this is a result of farming gear whilst farming red energy for kylo. I wanted to keep these for upgrading toons.(i already scavenged all i could from this tier)

Id get maybe 80 carbonite if i scrapped whats left now.

Whats left?... 100 for 500 crystals in the shop
  • crzydroid
    7295 posts Moderator
    Out of curiosity, do you spend ally points on bronziums or weekly shipments?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Debuff wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Been playing since 4months after launch, i have about 45 relic characters. Only have 1 GL and just about ready to unlock jedi luke. Havnt spent money on this game since we had the "100 crystals per day for 20 days packs" the carbonite has been a serious bottleneck where as the other mats are manageable

did you take any breaks?

do you normally buy the gear for credits in the shipment?

did you/ do you always do challenges?

trying to play the spot the differences game with an issue like this can be hard. this problem crops up, but not for everyone. it also tends to be from more of a veteran side of things. just trying to pin point more information for them to look at.
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    you need to manage resources better.

Yes! That's what I do, you can label me as an apologist all you want but only one of us doesn't have to worry about this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do you spend ally points on bronziums or weekly shipments?

I have 300k ally silver atm. I just spun up bluestacks about a month ago and wrote a simple script & spent about 600k from packs, i really needed shard currency.

I do buy from shipments if its something i need bad. Lately its been really crappy, wheres the kyro CG?
  • Not just about the number of relics but the depth of relics. I don't have that many relics, maybe 15, but just noticed I'm running low on the same relic pieces after taking kru, ep, and og kylo to r7 for slkr. I think I'll have enough of the t1 pieces to get slkr unlocked, but then I'll be out.

Before relics came I had two years to build up that otherwise useless gear. I think it will take just as long to build it up again.

did you take any breaks?

trying to play the spot the differences game with an issue like this can be hard. this problem crops up, but not for everyone. it also tends to be from more of a veteran side of things. just trying to pin point more information for them to look at.

No breaks, buy gear yes, most of the challenges i can beat. This is the only mobile game i play and i only do 1 account. Very little i miss. I have only missed 1 tw, and 1 gac i forgot to sign up. Rarely do i miss a shipments refresh.

Ive chased the meta in arena since Darth traya. Ive been able to get 1st in both arenas since the Gas meta.

So you dont have any issue with carbonite circuit board? Do you buy them often from shipments?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    Why can't you farm gear for the carbonite circuit board? LS 1-D Normal has a great return on circuit board material.

You can, but the number needed to convert the first two requirements is a bottle neck. You can buy 5 of the MK 7 BlasTech Weapon Mods from the guild store for 150 currency you get 300 trade in, or for the 5 you would get 33 Chromium Transistors. If you need Aurodium Heatsinks, then you can get 500 value for 1 MK III Sienar Holo Projector. and so on... but to only get a top value of 6, that takes a lot of materials to farm what is the base of every relic level. 1,050 on Electrum, and 900 on Zinbiddle.
    lhfct7jvbgvb.png
    hiw0dmfqxkw9.png

Yeah my biggest issue is the conversion rate for first two and how much you need for 1 scrap (35) and how little you get for 1 gear salvage (6)

Same with bronzium
  • Falco3 wrote: »
    Not just about the number of relics but the depth of relics. I don't have that many relics, maybe 15, but just noticed I'm running low on the same relic pieces after taking kru, ep, and og kylo to r7 for slkr. I think I'll have enough of the t1 pieces to get slkr unlocked, but then I'll be out.

Before relics came I had two years to build up that otherwise useless gear. I think it will take just as long to build it up again.

The issue is not the amount you had, we all had years of build up. The glaring problem is the exchange rate and gear available for exchange. It accepts premium gear at the bottom for less points
    7705eroyeg9o.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020

did you take any breaks?

No breaks, buy gear yes, most of the challenges i can beat. This is the only mobile game i play and i only do 1 account. Very little i miss. I have only missed 1 tw, and 1 gac i forgot to sign up. Rarely do i miss a shipments refresh.

Ive chased the meta in arena since Darth traya. Ive been able to get 1st in both arenas since the Gas meta.

So you dont have any issue with carbonite circuit board? Do you buy them often from shipments?

roughly 50 relic toons, various levels.
    I never buy relic mats, ever. I only use the scavenger.
    and nope, not a problem.

5wh1x5e4wnzx.jpg

• Debuff wrote: »
    Falco3 wrote: »
    Not just about the number of relics but the depth of relics. I don't have that many relics, maybe 15, but just noticed I'm running low on the same relic pieces after taking kru, ep, and og kylo to r7 for slkr. I think I'll have enough of the t1 pieces to get slkr unlocked, but then I'll be out.

The issue is not the amount you had, we all had years of build up. The glaring problem is the exchange rate and gear available for exchange. It accepts premium gear at the bottom for less points
    7705eroyeg9o.png

Exactly this.. for Example: MK III Holo right? you tell me what you would do 6 value on Carbonite or 500 value on Aurodium?

It's like CG wasn't even trying to make sense.

ciq856zlbrb1.png
    pnuescp8af9x.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I just want to add, you are not the first or only person to have this problem, but there doesn't seem to be any consistent "reason" behind it. which is why the general "resource management" aspect of the replies definitely comes around.

many seem to be making it work, or built up enough to stay with it, for a longer run than others.

did you take any breaks?

and nope, not a problem.

5wh1x5e4wnzx.jpg

I had to start buying carbonite to complete slkr. I dont buy any other mats rest i can salvage
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    idxac75qlhub.jpeg
    Found your problem
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

did you take any breaks?

and nope, not a problem.

5wh1x5e4wnzx.jpg

I had to start buying carbonite to complete slkr. I dont buy any other mats rest i can salvage

I have for as long as I can remember been buying low level gear from the shipment for credits. first just to keep stock of about 200, then i went up to maybe 400. then when relics came out, i buy them all and go in and turn into mats anything that hits 1k, down to around the 600s you see in the photo.

some "predicted this" when they first came out, but it always seemed like you can keep ahead of it through normal game play. that doesn't seem to be the case for everyone, so just trying to isolate as much information as possible. because from the quick math, once you get that low it starts to look like a very different task to get past that point.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I try to keep a stash of 600+ of the lower 3 salvages. Not sure how long i can maintain that.

Currently have 800 carbonites
    I just want to add, you are not the first or only person to have this problem, but there doesn't seem to be any consistent "reason" behind it. which is why the general "resource management" aspect of the replies definitely comes around.

many seem to be making it work, or built up enough to stay with it, for a longer run than others.

I am absolutely puzzled how you still have that much salvage. I did a quick count i have 43 relic characters. 14 r7
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I am absolutely puzzled how you still have that much salvage. I did a quick count i have 43 relic characters. 14 r7

9 r7 on my end, so nothing ground breaking there.

it is odd.
  • JarJarRequissa
    195 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    it was designed this way so that salvage is something they eventually try to get you to pay for. theres never enough $$ for the greedy. so salvage was designed to have walls inside of them. things that have no value actually have $$ value because of greed. plain and simple.

the only way i keep up is never working on characters i want to which is what makes this game no fun. if you put salvage on anything else but galactic legend requirements you will have problems with having enough salvage for the galactic legend chars.
  • Spend ally points. Don’t let it build up like that.

Every Sunday when I’ve finished all my other stuff, I spend down to 0. Takes about 5 minutes at most. I generate about 34000-35000 every week. That’s enough to keep me rolling in carbonite salvage and shard shop currency.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

did you take any breaks?

and nope, not a problem.

5wh1x5e4wnzx.jpg

I have for as long as I can remember been buying low level gear from the shipment for credits. first just to keep stock of about 200, then i went up to maybe 400. then when relics came out, i buy them all and go in and turn into mats anything that hits 1k, down to around the 600s you see in the photo.

some "predicted this" when they first came out, but it always seemed like you can keep ahead of it through normal game play. that doesn't seem to be the case for everyone, so just trying to isolate as much information as possible. because from the quick math, once you get that low it starts to look like a very different task to get past that point.

I knew this was going to happen, it was just a matter of time. Completing requirements for 1 GL on top of the relics I already had drained everything i had.

did you take any breaks?

and nope, not a problem.

5wh1x5e4wnzx.jpg

i was the one who predicted this in threads right when relics came out. i think i even got a pm about it because of my wording lol