Sith Raid Rewards: Time to Revisit

Prev1345678
So now that a lot of high end guilds are seeing over 10 people full solo the Sith Raid, I think it is time for CG to take a new look at the way rewards are structured. It is kind of silly that someone can do max damage in the raid and get pushed out of top 10 rewards solely on RNG of rank placement.

Time to socialize the rewards, IMO. Or expand what the top 10 get to the top 25. Something.

Replies

• This needed to happen a long time ago.
  • Said this a few times but due to there inability to add new raids and how quickly they churned out new tiers to assault battles.......

CG Add new tiers to current raids already, minimum effort for player base satisfaction . New rewards and raids hard again.
    If you make heroic sith bosses even just double health then you’ll take out the SLKR solo and make them challenging again.

CG really infuriates me.
  • Yeah, it’s time. It’s been time.
  • the raid is more/less two and a half years old.
    for some of us it was the reason to change the guild, traya was the brand new character.

of course the sithraid is still the raid with the best rewards. but if it makes a rng-difference, if you get 50% gear12+ or 20% gear12+ for a full clear run, it‘s against the heal of the game. because if it‘s rng, it‘s also possible, that in five raids i make maximum damage with all ranks 11+.

until legendary kylo it was interesting to bring in different teams, when can i get in the raid... can i bring another team in p4... etc.

now each kylo should solo the raid, and for each player a top10 reward is recommended.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Or just ban GLs from the current raids until a new raid has been added that can handle them
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Or just ban GLs from the current raids until a new raid has been added that can handle them
    You can’t do this, a lot of people have earned the right to use them, you can’t limit where and when.
  • Yeah, no reason GL toons shouldn't be allowed. Those toons are earned and the players with them should get to enjoy using them.
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Not a good suggestion, and only ever made by a non GL owner, it seems.

In our guild it’s the same names filling the top 10 now SLKR has arrived as it was before. Banning GLs won’t change the top rankers in our guild, and I’m sure we’re not the only guild like that.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »

In our guild it’s the same names filling the top 10 now SLKR has arrived as it was before. Banning GLs won’t change the top rankers in our guild, and I’m sure we’re not the only guild like that.

I used to be one of those names.

But I switched guilds and don't have SLKR.

:sob:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Git gud, scrub
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Git gud, scrub

U mean git credt card rite
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett hows about we get this rolling??
    The discrepancy between Top 10 and anything outside of it, is absolutely insane. This needed to be addressed months ago.
  • They restrict toons abilities in raids all the time, it's not a stretch to suggest nerfing the GLs or banning them from an event that wasnt designed for them
    Also, if all you gl owners are" good", you should have no problem reaching the top 10 with out a gl.
    Regardless of if I own one, Its simple logic:
    If something breaks down, remove the broken piece.
    It's not like you dont already dominate GAC, arena, Tw. If it means healthier guild community, **** it up and take one for the team.
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Pls change something so it’s not all about slkr
    Post edited by Montanz on

Git gud, scrub

Shouldn’t need one to get him at this point.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Quite honestly co-operative group content should be the same rewards for everyone. See TB/TW.

Ideally the rewards would be equivalent to a top 10 drop since that is significantly better than anything outside of the top 10, and game progression is already slow enough.

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    7jzmh5i7g5ht.png

@CG_Doja_Fett the Sith raid rewards are being a big problem in top guilds as more and more players are able to easily solo but get poor rewards

CG previously implemented a uniform reward when introducing g12+ but nerfed the reward pool. I think returning to that with top 10 rewards or some extension of the reward pool from top 10 to top 25 needs to be done or so
  • Banning GLs isn't a solution. It was already too dependent on getting in at a certain time to be able to compete. Hstr has lasted less than an hour for a lot of guilds for far longer than GLs have existed.

I propose one of 3 solutions

1. Make the raid simable and make an individual raid for additional rewards. Then you can do it at your leisure. If you can solo you get max rewards. If not, you have somethings to work towards.

2. Make a harder tier for each raid with better rewards. More gear and no shards. Guilds that still need traya can still do heroic and the guilds that got traya years ago can do a harder tier for more gear. Or a new character. This basically just punts the problem down the road but it does help temporarily.

3. Even out the rewards. This is great for guilds that have the raid on easy farm since it is likely that enough people will participate to have something to do of they can take turns and most can post a zero as and get the rewards. However, this would hurt smaller guilds that are barely beating the raid. Especially if one or two higher players that are currently in the lower guild to get top ten move to a bigger guild.

Of the 3 solutions, I like the 1st the best. You could even set a threshold to be able to individually sim it after like 20 solos. You could also have it be a guild choice do that guilds that are barely beating it can keep it as is.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think a sim option for haat and hstr would be welcomed.

CG_Doja_Fett any chance you can chime in on this?

Haat, is possible

HSTR is not at this time.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Regardless of the solution, I hope you can realize there is a problem when you can solo the raid and end up with rank 20+ rewards

In a raid where the best rewards are in top 10 placements, per CGs own reward distribution announcement
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    In a raid where the best rewards are only good rewards are in top 10 placements, per CGs own reward distribution announcement

FTFY
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Haat, is possible

They should both be possible, the topic hasn't been discussed by them in a while since we haven't had Q&As in what seems like forever.

If I remember correctly, when the topic of haat sim came up, GLs weren't a thing yet so the environment was not the same as it is now. I think it warrants a discussion at this point.

It's also probably easier for them to do sims and maintain the games economy versus a full rework of the rewards.
    regardless of how old the Sith raid is, it is still the newest raid, so I don’t see it being simmed until there is a new raid to replace it. Raid is a major playtime for players
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    In a raid where the best rewards are only good rewards are in top 10 placements, per CGs own reward distribution announcement

FTFY

25 mk12 furnaces and 20 mk12 stun cuffs aren't good rewards?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Haat, is possible

They should both be possible, the topic hasn't been discussed by them in a while since we haven't had Q&As in what seems like forever.

If I remember correctly, when the topic of haat sim came up, GLs weren't a thing yet so the environment was not the same as it is now. I think it warrants a discussion at this point.

It's also probably easier for them to do sims and maintain the games economy versus a full rework of the rewards.
    regardless of how old the Sith raid is, it is still the newest raid, so I don’t see it being simmed until there is a new raid to replace it. Raid is a major playtime for players

TIL 20 minutes is major play time.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Git gud, scrub

Shouldn’t need one to get him at this point.

Humor, it is a difficult concept.

52853e43-cdd2-4fc6-9cf1-ae0036e1dbe0_screenshot.jpg
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

FTFY

Yes. You can't get that at rank 11 though.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

FTFY

Sure you can.

FTFY

Sure you can.

Yes you “can” and that once a year it happens is awesome.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.