A visualization of the Gear Crunch

1235Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Can we stop the who said what side conversation and please stay on topic

Good point @Kyno - this thread would benefit from a moderator cleanup, many of my posts included.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Good point Kyno - this thread would benefit from a moderator cleanup, many of my posts included.

I was going to leave them for now, if we can get back on topic.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    Maybe our new friend @CG_Doja_Fett can let us know if they are planning on easing the pre-right-side-g12 gear crunch at all.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Maybe our new friend @CG_Doja_Fett can let us know if they are planning on easing the pre-right-side-g12 gear crunch at all.

That would be very nice
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

That would be very nice

Yes it would, but probably a larger conversation that has to be on their end before he can just jump in here.

That would be very nice

Yes it would, but probably a larger conversation that has to be on their end before he can just jump in here.

Well it’s been a year since cyanide told us things would get better....I think they’ve had plenty of time to discuss and make things better. Not Doja’s fault by any means since he just jumped into the fray.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member

That would be very nice

Well it’s been a year since cyanide told us things would get better....I think they’ve had plenty of time to discuss and make things better. Not Doja’s fault by any means since he just jumped into the fray.

Like I said, they think they did make things better. They did what they were going to do. Now it's just a matter of if they will do anything else.

Good point @Kyno - this thread would benefit from a moderator cleanup, many of my posts included.

As if the mod didn't help to create this mess
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

That would be very nice

Remember better is a synonym for “less dreadful”.

This is likely to be a case where your definition of “better” is different from CG’s definition. They have definitely increased the supply of certain crunch gear pieces. Not massively, but they have increased it. Whether it’s enough to make any discernible difference to the players is debatable.

For me, whilst I appreciate all the additional gear streams, I’m still beyond disappointed that they took stun guns off normal fleet nodes. And similarly disappointed that they included items like stun guns and carbantis in the recipe for some g12+ pieces. Those 2 issues do make me wonder if the increased gear income is enough to offset them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That would be very nice

Like I said, they think they did make things better. They did what they were going to do. Now it's just a matter of if they will do anything else.

No not really, but I cant really go into conversation we have had.
    Maybe our new friend CG_Doja_Fett can let us know if they are planning on easing the pre-right-side-g12 gear crunch at all.

That would be very nice

Not disagreeing, just trying to direct/ manage expectations of his "unlimited power".
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member

Well, I am obviously not privy to whatever private conversations you have with CG. I can only go by what they have said publicly, which is that they have already eased the gear crunch to the extent that they are going to, and what they did was add kyros to the daily box.
    We’ve done some preliminary analyses and we have some ideas of how the system may change so we’ve made an early move in easing the gear inflow with our recent update to the Daily Activities. We are going to be closely monitoring what gear inflow looks like after the release of relics and may take additional measures to loosen gear inflow depending on what it looks like.

That would be very nice

Maybe our new friend CG_Doja_Fett can let us know if they are planning on easing the pre-right-side-g12 gear crunch at all.

That would be very nice

Not disagreeing, just trying to direct/ manage expectations of his "unlimited power".

Not saying you do and I body should think he has that power. Hopefully he can talk to the other devs and get the green light to tell us exactly what the plan ahead is for gear crunch. It’s gotten out of hand honestly
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That would be very nice

That would be very nice

Not saying you do and I body should think he has that power. Hopefully he can talk to the other devs and get the green light to tell us exactly what the plan ahead is for gear crunch. It’s gotten out of hand honestly

That is a big part of what the CMs do. Being the voice for and pushing for player sentiment on things.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Is there a similar plot for income? Not that I would expect it to balance out, but it would be nice to see the mostly flat line side by side with this.

This. The gear income has increased as well as the gear requirements. The question is whether the balance/proportions between income and requirements has changed.

IIRC, the last significant increase in income was Geo TB and kyros in the daily reward, but I'm too lazy to look up when that happened, not to mention putting some actual numbers on it.

A worthy contribution to the forums.

Kyros are part of TW rewards now too, and the Assault Battles extra tiers have also contributed to the increase.

OP's graph goes back to 2018 so fleet battles and GA/GAC also increased gear income.

GAC’s increased income?? Barely. Not to mention the rewards are based upon a broken matchmaking system as well as a scarce amount of the currency needed in the shop for a limited selection.

A 3-0 week in GAC gets you currency to buy 35 Kyrotech. 2-1 gets you enough for 24. It is a big increase in gear flow, but you have to win more than you lose.

Which also depends on your brackets from a flawed matchmaking system, as well as hoping your game doesn’t crash mid battle. Still a lot of uncertainty that comes with chance TBH

How often does your game crash? Mine never has in a Gac match.

This is an issue. My game crashes occasionally during gac or raids. It has cost me a win at least 3 times in the last few months. I have put in bug reports but it hasn't been fixed yet as far as I know.
  • On the topic of the gear crunch.

I think the OP is correct that more needs to be done to ease the gear crunch. However, showing only the demand side and ignoring the increased supply is misleading.

For late game players, the supply has also increased. Shard shop, gac store, finishing the guild event characters, and assualt new tiers all have eased the crunch for late game players (whether it is enough is an opinion so I won't get into that.)

Unfortunately, these increases do little to help early game players catch up to the point of being able to even access newer content. Try running an alt account. The gear and shard crunches for early game are ridiculous.

So any future increases should help out newer players as well as late game players. Just imagine trying to go for jml from scratch. It's probably a 3 year project. I'm not saying it should be instant but it shouldn't be measured on the scale of multiple years to get the newest characters.

So some suggestions

1. New challenge tiers with stun guns, golden eyeballs, stun cuffs, ect. (And don't require high relics. This should be obtainable at level 85 or shortly after.)

2. Make daily kyros available in dailies before level 85. Yeah bet most don't know you only get the 3 daily kyros once you reach level 85. Even though almost all new characters require 100 of them at gear 8.

3. Decrease the shard crunch for older characters. This would open up the shard shop sooner for newer players.

4. Decrease the price in guild event store for characters like hoda and Wampa. Once again gets newer players able to use the store for gear sooner.

5. Decrease the prices in the older stores. This helps both older and newer players. Newer players get to be able to use the shard shop sooner and older players get more shard shop currency for gear.

I think implementing the above would significantly help the crunch with an emphasis towards newer players who need it the most.

It would not eliminate it completely at gear levels below g12 but that is an unrealistic goal. I prefer to suggest what CG may actually consider.