Need for New/Reworked Sith

Veserion1
150 posts Member
edited October 2020
With the release of SEE, it is clear that the existing sith do not add much to his viability in arena compared to other GLs.A great way to tackle this imbalance would be rework 4+ year old characters like darth sidious and possibly others.
Even adding more sith in the future could fix this problem going forward
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I wouldn't be surprised if we get a legendary darth maul from the new clone wars
  • Or reworks with the coming update next week
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's a little early to be calling SEE junk.

I'm sure we will see more toon and reworks in the future, but this will probably not be the direct drive towards that.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I'm sure we will see more toon and reworks in the future, but this will probably not be the direct drive towards that.

Oh, I'm not calling him junk by any means.He solos a lot of A tier teams and is a great character.Just highlighting that his supporting cast is pretty lacklustre in terms of team synergy compared to other GLs.
    For instance,we have JML who can have titans like JKL JKR and GAS to work together in his team but nothing close in power for SEE.

He said the existing sith (besides characters in a DR team) don't add to SEE viability but he never said SEE was bad himself.

Reworking the older sith, especially Darth Sidious, would be super helpful as you wouldn't need to be gearing up characters that are useless outside of the GL event.
  • Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm going to call SEE junk. Hes the worst GL at this point. I guess he's just the leader of the junk since you need to gear sid, maul, rg, krennic and a few other crappy characters to get him.

and yes I have SEE. Id rather run old Palp L for a sith team then SEE.

it doesn't matter he can solo a couple teams when he ties and times out against reys constantly, loses in 30sec to slkr (and gets soloed by slkr) and while good against JML... he now can't beat him with that LS bast L team.
  • I think SEE was meant to be a GL who stands alone. His kit, ironically, works best when he is by himself, and that IMO doesn't make him anyhow bad, it makes him niche. And in all fairness, it is a pretty solid bone thrown to f2p players because with him, you don't need to invest into ridiculous meta teams to take on a GAS for example in places like GAC.

And the few bad toons for his GL requirements will make absolutely no different for your roster, the GP inflation is maybe 100k at best, unless you are in the lowest bottom tier division, that's not going scratch you anyhow for GAC.

SEE is one of the most lore-friendly kits in this game, as he did take on his enemies by himself, and that is where he is at his strongest. by himself.
  • Ok. then why does he hit like a wet noodle? where is that masterful deception? where is his ability to lock down targets?

He can't even beat old rey teams (gk variant) on offense. he times out.
    he loses to slkr 100% of the time.
    and against JML it barly works.

he does absolutely nothing and all the resources to get him would be better spent going for SLKR, rey or JML... or flushed down the toilet cause he is that bad.

padme beats him cause deception can't hit her team as they're immune to debuffs.
    slkr solos the entire see team
    rey can just ww the 4 tanks then kill him
    DR can just pick off all of them one by one
    Thrawn + magma just removes all the sith tm and you can keep SEE under permanent fracture.

Old palp is 10x a better leader then this trash. Or just run DR lead, or vader, or anyone else.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    Ok. then why does he hit like a wet noodle? where is that masterful deception? where is his ability to lock down targets?

He can't even beat old rey teams (gk variant) on offense. he times out.
    he loses to slkr 100% of the time.
    and against JML it barly works.

he does absolutely nothing and all the resources to get him would be better spent going for SLKR, rey or JML... or flushed down the toilet cause he is that bad.

padme beats him cause deception can't hit her team as they're immune to debuffs.
    slkr solos the entire see team
    rey can just ww the 4 tanks then kill him
    DR can just pick off all of them one by one
    Thrawn + magma just removes all the sith tm and you can keep SEE under permanent fracture.

Old palp is 10x a better leader then this trash. Or just run DR lead, or vader, or anyone else.

Your criticism to him is poor nitpicking at best.

The Rey battles are if you look at it entirely without his ult. With it, the enemy team whistles a different tune, so to speak. Palpatine can beat them just fine once he does have his ult.

SLKR beating him is intentional I daresay. He has to have SOME counter within the GL Roster.

He hard counters JML to the point its not even funny anymore.

"He does absolutely nothing" is a fallacy. Everyone always does something.

Deceived can't be resisted, the **** you on?

As I said, SLKR countering palpatine is most likely intentional to make at least one GL have an upper hand.

Rey can't kill him. Palpatine stacks and recovers so much protection that her whole WW can't chirp it away.

DR has a hard time actually getting to kill SEE due to an inability to deal any crits. The only Sith Empire unit that can do enough damage to SEE is either Marauder or HK and they are both wet paper cannons, you so much as sneeze their way and they are dead.

Thrawn + Magma is a very niche mechanic and only works with a low gear Magmatrooper for minimal potency to get the unique going and infinitely cycle his turns.

Old Palpatine gets countered by half of all squads in the game because every new **** toon has a "do X and enemy can't gain bonus tm" mechanic.

Bottom line, you're just trashing SEE for the hell of it, your points are very poor nitpicking and some of them are downright wrong even.

He said the existing sith (besides characters in a DR team) don't add to SEE viability but he never said SEE was bad himself.

Reworking the older sith, especially Darth Sidious, would be super helpful as you wouldn't need to be gearing up characters that are useless outside of the GL event.

Yeah, if only they would actually care about outdated kits.

When the Mace Windu rework demand was super hot, GC has told us it won't happen because they deadass can't monetize reworks and it will thus remain an extremely luxurious rarity.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    Deceived can't be resisted, the **** you on?

Padme and her team are IMMUNE TO DEBUFFS while they have prot up
    now that doesnt effect SEE basic ability as that cant be resisted however SEE unique sow discord cant spread because of that as it doesnt have the same "cant be resisted" clause. and in my testing thats how it works.

All my points might be nitpicky but for the amount of trash needed to get him hes plain not worth the time or effort.

and do you have SEE? if so then frankly you cant talk cause at that point your going off vids.

And i'm trashing on him cause A. i have him and B. he's just plain **** terrible. Hes no fun to play with on offense and doesn't hold on defense. My arena shard flat out told me they hit auto and walked away, no matter what team they used. The 3 JML users also beat him just fine.

And i have decent mods and ALL my top tier sith are r7.
  • I love Palpatine as a character and he is one of the best written characters in SW. Which is a shame that the devs basically dropped the ball on his kit.

Thematically his kit is awesome. In practice it sucks.
  • You do realize that padme's debuff immunity only comes when they have protection up, yes? And unless you have many OOT attacks in your kit, they won't have undispellable protection up, which can just be chirped away. Additionally, letting them take turns also gets rid of it because they convert prot up into courage, and max health damage does jack to palpatine. Padme is one of those cases of "She counters you if you play it really stupid."

SEE isn't trash, as I said, he is niche. Literally no other gl can solo a GAS squad and some can't even beat GAS with a full lineup. SEE is made for underdog fights and unorthodox battles. The best metaphoric example I can think of is comparing a sniper to a **** on the field. If you use one the same way you use the other, you get a bad time, and quite frankly, it is your fault.

JML has a hard time beating him even on offense. You have to break apart literally every squad to get all the key figures in a lineup to deal with SEE, and even then, it needs to be played meticulously, with specific modding and a careful approach. You have to pretty much mod your JML for high potency and at least one other ability blocker to deny SEE his protection recovery special "So Be it, Jedi". You can't rely on GAS increasing cooldowns with crits because GLs get hard coded to focus GAS on every turn, so he will remain linked functionally forever.

And for the third time: He is NICHE. Niche means you can't play him the same way you play everyone else.

Me not having SEE doesn't invalidate any argumentation on the topic, it makes you a culprit of confirmation bias. Going off of vids in this game, with this community, is by no means a mistake to make or an invalidation to a discussion. Getting your experience from veterans and experts who actually know their **** is, matter of fact, the best option.

Your personal disappointment and lack of intuitive doesn't make SEE trash. That you try to play him meta then complain it doesn't work isn't a design mistake, its your cognitive mistake.
  • If you don't have him then you have no say. Period. I have tried every little way to make him good against current meta Gls

sure he can beat GAS... who sets that on defense? no one
    He can beat rebels with luck but most save CLS for offense.

Besides that he can beat B-tier teams by himself but so can slkr, gas, ect.

And i've been playing this game from nearly day one. I came up with and used thrawn with DT, shore, storm and krennic to beat JTR teams when she was the "meta thing"
    i came up with Treya trio squads to beat Padme teams in my guild when that wasnt well known at all.

SEE, while niche like you said, is arguably bad overall. He completely contradicts every other Sith design in this game despite only working and buffing Sith as per his kit.

So take your "better the thou" smug **** out of here. come back when you have him and have spent HOURS and MONEY (crystals) testing him
  • "If you don't have him you have no say"

As I said, confirmation bias. Argument denied.

Your entire point is that you think your personal experience, or the lack thereof, sets a standart others have to tune their whistling to. You are trying to appeal to your opposite's assumed ignorence. That is an Argumentum ad ignorantiam, a logical fallacy to assume your opposite must be ignorant.

Treya squads vs Padme became very known very fast... I don't know where you get your bragging rights from for this, her Isolate has always been a key component to counter GK-based squads. Padme made that no different.

Who ever said that designs have to have a universal consensus? Who says "Sith have to be designed this way"? SEE being different is not bad by default, The assumption itself that something outside of the meta is bad by default is, ironically, bad by default.

And as I said, once again, me not having him doesn't invalidate my argumentations, it makes you the guy who picks fights with confirmation bias.

You done being a rude know it all or do we wanna spin this until the mods have to lock the thread?
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if a new Sith legendary is on the way. When DR came out, his main flaw was some level of squishiness that required Malak, who was released afterwards (earlier than planned).

Similarly, SEE needs to survive but is fairly defenseless (especially against SLKR, who quickly disables Malak and has better stat growth). So it doesn't seem like it with the Mandalorian focus right now, but some new squad member that mitigates damage, tanks, or somehow helps control the enemy team could be a decent possibility.
  • I know everyone talks about starkiller but hear me out. He is definitely not Canon and doesn't need to be, instead they can use his sith stalker dark side ending as a new character called sith stalker, empire and sith tags he isn't starkiller but is a definite callback to him