As if GL weren’t already expensive enough

mlb1399
674 posts Member
edited October 2020
they have to gouge you for 140 LS currency for two tiers where you got a card and a profile? What’s the thought here to make people use the LS currency vs giving them away besides CG greed?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its you pace the release. Yes the most powerful characters in the game are "expensive", but surprisingly people are still getting them for free...
  • Options
    It’s still laughable that they nickle and dime you for a card and portrait. Especially when you factor in that you spend a lot of money on the “requirements” and then the gear and relics for the GL.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    It’s still laughable that they nickle and dime you for a card and portrait. Especially when you factor in that you spend a lot of money on the “requirements” and then the gear and relics for the GL.

But you can get it all for free........
  • Options
    I've not spent a cent on my GL.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    So they didn't even penny you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Nope
    tumblr_lunyp7cvyn1r3saxeo1_250.gif
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Wow CG has gotten really desperate there.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Lol, ok. Even for free, why not just give away a card and the portrait. No one cares about them and it’s resources that FTP have to waste. I dropped a lot of money and it’s the principle.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Lol, ok. Even for free, why not just give away a card and the portrait. No one cares about them and it’s resources that FTP have to waste. I dropped a lot of money and it’s the principle.

Because they want the timeline to include the extra time for farming tickets and stuff. So they added those states to give stuff with them rather than just making it more expensive to do the last one.

Everyone has to spend the resources, not just F2P.
  • Options
    Its you pace the release. Yes the most powerful characters in the game are "expensive", but surprisingly people are still getting them for free...

Honestly, while I understand, I find the entire "tickets" thing for GLs a very negative play experience. For the ultimate ability? Sure. But to basically unlock the character you have already spent months grinding the requirements for? Yeah, not so much.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Honestly, while I understand, I find the entire "tickets" thing for GLs a very negative play experience. For the ultimate ability? Sure. But to basically unlock the character you have already spent months grinding the requirements for? Yeah, not so much.

Yes and this was expressed throughout much of the ticket conversation that ended with the rate adjustment..... it seems that this was one of those points that is not going anywhere, not sure why or who has this in there head as a necessity, but it is what it is.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    A card and a portrait are “expensive” due to “greed” bc you get them from completing part of an event to get a character. Welp, I may have now officially heard everything.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    A card and a portrait are “expensive” due to “greed” bc you get them from completing part of an event to get a character. Welp, I may have now officially heard everything.

Just wait five minutes.