Level 85

RattyBatty
94 posts Member
edited October 2020
Has anyone gone into the Journey Guide and clicked a icon just to see in the prerequisites that you need level 85 to play the event? For example, the starting tiers of Padme are really easy but you need Level 85 to do that! One good thing that happened was when R2's prerequisites were lowered to Level 20 from 85 and i hope Cg does that for other events too.
I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I don’t think they will and to be honest it’s doesn’t take long to get to level 85 anyways
  • RattyBatty wrote: »
    Has anyone gone into the Journey Guide and clicked a icon just to see in the prerequisites that you need level 85 to play the event? For example, the starting tiers of Padme are really easy but you need Level 85 to do that! One good thing that happened was when R2's prerequisites were lowered to Level 20 from 85 and i hope Cg does that for other events too.

They absolutely will, but it comes at a cost of opening things too early. Certain modes and tiers have a cadence to teach you how to play them while you level up.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    RattyBatty wrote: »

They absolutely will, but it comes at a cost of opening things too early. Certain modes and tiers have a cadence to teach you how to play them while you level up.
    Well maybe they could do something like one event requires level 20 (r2) and the next one (threepio) requires level 30? (you know, like those fleet commander training events?)

nabokovfan wrote: »

Well maybe they could do something like one event requires level 20 (r2) and the next one (threepio) requires level 30? (you know, like those fleet commander training events?)

my idea would be something like this:

padme, chewie, and threepio should be late levels overall since they are harder. (70, 75, 80)
    r2, yoda, palp, thrawn, bb8 can be lower levels since easier overall (20, 30, 40, 50, 65)
    chimera can be with ships at lv 60

CLS, and JTR somewhere in the 60-70 range maybe
    Jrevan, Drevan, Gsky, Malak all lv 85
  • flux_rono wrote: »

padme, chewie, and threepio should be late levels overall since they are harder. (70, 75, 80)
    r2, yoda, palp, thrawn, bb8 can be lower levels since easier overall (20, 30, 40, 50, 65)

In threepio, chewie and padme the Tiers 1-4 are quite easy but from 5 it gets hard so maybe there should be a level requirement for each tier?

flux_rono wrote: »

In threepio, chewie and padme the Tiers 1-4 are quite easy but from 5 it gets hard so maybe there should be a level requirement for each tier?
    You’ll have to explain the point of that to me. You don’t unlock the toon until the harder levels, so what’s the point of allowing you to complete the easier levels before you’re in a position to complete the harder levels?
    flux_rono wrote: »

You’ll have to explain the point of that to me. You don’t unlock the toon until the harder levels, so what’s the point of allowing you to complete the easier levels before you’re in a position to complete the harder levels?
    Well it gives players a sense of accomplishment that they have at least completed some of the tiers

• The way it is right now is great. Especially in comparison to how it was before. Before the journey guide you had to wait three months before you could try the event again. Now you just have to wait the three months to get to level 85.
  • The way it is right now is great. Especially in comparison to how it was before. Before the journey guide you had to wait three months before you could try the event again. Now you just have to wait the three months to get to level 85.
    Well yeah it's better than before i'm just suggesting some more improvements

The way it is right now is great. Especially in comparison to how it was before. Before the journey guide you had to wait three months before you could try the event again. Now you just have to wait the three months to get to level 85.
    A dangerous game... given how difficult it appears to be for the developers to enact game improvements that benefit everyone, I’m not sure I see any case for them spending time on something that will give a handful of players a sense of accomplishment.
  • RattyBatty
    94 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The way it is right now is great. Especially in comparison to how it was before. Before the journey guide you had to wait three months before you could try the event again. Now you just have to wait the three months to get to level 85.
    A dangerous game... given how difficult it appears to be for the developers to enact game improvements that benefit everyone, I’m not sure I see any case for them spending time on something that will give a handful of players a sense of accomplishment.
    That's what i was thinking after posting the comment! but maybe the new community manager will shake things up a bit