Is SLKR too Strong or is SEE too Weak?

Replies

• TargetEadu wrote: »
    Depending on what SEE comp you used that’s either quite worrisome or simply confusing. Triumvirate alone or Vader alone should beat Geos...

Anyway, has anyone found any NON-SLKR team that can reliably beat an Ult SEE? I’ve only seen a few, and many of the ones that would work vs a non Ult SEE (cough Vader) would seemingly fall flat when faced with Unlimited Power.

I've tried vader once but had no luck. Though only had one battle and was already in 2nd so a refresh was not worth it obviously.

But with the vader counter, it would be similar to countering SLKR, you'd need to prevent his ultimate. The problem is (at least in my battle) was thrawn got linked and couldn't lock down see. I don't know if that happens frequently or not since it was only one battle. But if rng favors you and thrawn can get a fracture, you may be able to use that team.

I also noted that vader got linked as well but his merciless massacre ability let's him target see anyway.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    If SEE is forced to put Linked on brute and then is forced to kill Brute and Linked is gone, there goes your ultimate as well and SEE can just be ripped apart while AB'd until Spy kills him.
  • Traya laughs at Ability Block, but if they had Traya then I’m not sure why they wouldn’t just use Triumvirate. And since SEE’s ult depends on Abilities, not turns, he should get that ult very quickly once someone’s Decieved.
    Depending on what SEE comp you used that’s either quite worrisome or simply confusing. Triumvirate alone or Vader alone should beat Geos...

Anyway, has anyone found any NON-SLKR team that can reliably beat an Ult SEE? I’ve only seen a few, and many of the ones that would work vs a non Ult SEE (cough Vader) would seemingly fall flat when faced with Unlimited Power.

I also noted that vader got linked as well but his merciless massacre ability let's him target see anyway.

Hmm... Linked doesn’t make SEE untargetable like Decieved does, but if Merciless Target is a Taunt Effect then SEE (and SLKR) should be immune to it...
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Hmm... Linked doesn’t make SEE untargetable like Decieved does, but if Merciless Target is a Taunt Effect then SEE (and SLKR) should be immune to it...

I was thinking it was linked that stopped the targeting. I don't remember if vader was also deceived.

But merciless target isn't a taunt effect. The text says that vader must target a target with merciless target or a taunt effect.

It also mentions that it let's vader ignore taunt effects.
  • Its acted like a Taunt Effect in the past though. Before Vader got his Merciless Stun Immunity, if he got counter-stunned other units could target Merciless Target over Taunt (without dispelling it, too).

That was obviously not intended... but it’s interesting and an argument to consider it a Taunt Effect.
  • Couldn't test it again today anyway. I got to 2nd with no battles left and the guy in first at that time put his jml back on defense anyway.
  • See is too weak, I just lost a GAC match where he and a full team of Sith lost to a Geo team....

OMG. This is too much @CG_SBCrumb @cgdoja_fett
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SithAmer wrote: »
    See is too weak, I just lost a GAC match where he and a full team of Sith lost to a Geo team....

OMG. This is too much CG_SBCrumb cgdoja_fett

Have we seen a video of that?
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    See is too weak, I just lost a GAC match where he and a full team of Sith lost to a Geo team....

Not sure why this is a crazy counter, I'm assuming it was a decently geared geo squad. SEE is forced to link Brute, and then will be immediately forced to kill Brute and remove linked. So Geos can keep his ult charge low, and when they get to SEE they can just keep him Ability Blocked--so even if he hits ultimate, he can't really do too much. SEE's damage is really low so they shouldn't have too much trouble healing through his basics.

If SLKR didn't have all that Advantage squad-boosting stuff at all, and lobster's revenge AOE, and Hux preventing TM gain, and SLKR didn't do much damage, and his ultimate didn't cause any damage and didn't make him invulnerable, and TM reduction didn't boost his HP, geo squad would probably be able to kill SLKR too.

Okay, maybe that's a decent amount of stuff.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    dgree wrote: »

Not sure why this is a crazy counter, I'm assuming it was a decently geared geo squad. SEE is forced to link Brute, and then will be immediately forced to kill Brute and remove linked. So Geos can keep his ult charge low, and when they get to SEE they can just keep him Ability Blocked--so even if he hits ultimate, he can't really do too much. SEE's damage is really low so they shouldn't have too much trouble healing through his basics.

If SLKR didn't have all that Advantage squad-boosting stuff at all, and lobster's revenge AOE, and Hux preventing TM gain, and SLKR didn't do much damage, and his ultimate didn't cause any damage and didn't make him invulnerable, and TM reduction didn't boost his HP, geo squad would probably be able to kill SLKR too.

Okay, maybe that's a decent amount of stuff.

So no video?

There is theory crafting and there is practical game play.

There are also other factors like gear, team comp and mods. It is reasonable to expect that anyone jumping on any statement of a toon being trash wants to see this to examine these elements for themselves.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Yeah, I agree. I'd love to see a video of it if his GA opponent recorded it, but I don't really doubt it and it doesn't really change my view on SEE.
  • Here is video of Padme beating SEE

https://youtu.be/ip6tUcDluCE
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, I agree. I'd love to see a video of it if his GA opponent recorded it, but I don't really doubt it and it doesn't really change my view on SEE.

I agree its possible, but can it be modded or team comp change to not allow this to happen.

Just think we should all be working towards educated decisions about the situation and keep perspective.

I would also imagine they are watching this situation, but are not likely to take action if there is little proof and just rushed judgement being echoed and not examined.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    A lot of these "weak squad" counters to SEE can be prevented by making the Sith squad a team that already prevents these counters, and throwing SEE into them. SEE kinda ruins DR synergy, but the Sith player could run DR with SEE, or SEE with DR and it would work fine. They could also run Triumvirate under Traya lead and throw in SEE and it'd be great against Geos.

People can feel free to read my post in Suggestions explaining SEE's mechanics and issues, and I'll note that my post in this subforum on SEE counters to SLKR is dead because no one found a way to even make a bad SEE counter for the standard SLKR squad.

I'd prefer no rushes to judgment or action, but it's foreseeable that there's going to be more and more of a panic as more people invest the heavy time and resources to get SEE while arena shards fill with more SLKR squads that push SEE squads lower below the meta arena rankings. (Or maybe people just won't get SEE and these 80 threads will fizzle, idk).
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I’m convinced that DR, Bast etc are not the right team for SEE, Traya, Vader, dn, set, etc are better there. And to beat Rey and Kylo, thrawn is a must.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Thrawn is already needed for bunch of other counters. If SEE cant be good without him, that’s a problem
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Thrawn is already needed for bunch of other counters. If SEE cant be good without him, that’s a problem

You are absolutely right. In order to win without thrawn, SEE needs to make his allies MUCH beefier. Something like: all allies gain 50% of max protection and max health of any defeated ally for the rest of the encounter or when SEE goes into ultimate, all remaining allies are immune to damage for 2 turns and receive full health and protection. Something needs to be done to increase survivability or massively increase damage to kylo levels before the ultimate, and higher after.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    A lot of these "weak squad" counters to SEE can be prevented by making the Sith squad a team that already prevents these counters, and throwing SEE into them. SEE kinda ruins DR synergy, but the Sith player could run DR with SEE, or SEE with DR and it would work fine. They could also run Triumvirate under Traya lead and throw in SEE and it'd be great against Geos.

People can feel free to read my post in Suggestions explaining SEE's mechanics and issues, and I'll note that my post in this subforum on SEE counters to SLKR is dead because no one found a way to even make a bad SEE counter for the standard SLKR squad.

I'd prefer no rushes to judgment or action, but it's foreseeable that there's going to be more and more of a panic as more people invest the heavy time and resources to get SEE while arena shards fill with more SLKR squads that push SEE squads lower below the meta arena rankings. (Or maybe people just won't get SEE and these 80 threads will fizzle, idk).

Did you just suggest throwing in a GL under a Traya/trio lead to beat GEOs?
  • Eweff wrote: »

I was wondering that myself.😂
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »

His entire suggestion seems to be “is your gl useless against most squads? Simple, build squads that can defeat those squads, then throw your gl in so they can carry him.”
    Like SEE is a baby in a car seat that is going along for the ride.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

His entire suggestion seems to be “is your gl useless against most squads? Simple, build squads that can defeat those squads, then throw your gl in so they can carry him.”

Can either of you post the video of Geos winning?

This way instead of trying to mock someone theory crafting a way out, we can all discuss the actual details of the match.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

This way instead of trying to mock someone theory crafting a way out, we can all discuss the actual details of the match.

No, the guy in question said he would post the SWGOH.gg link for us, though. The thing I’m mocking is the suggestion that the GL is so weak he needs to be carried by teams that can already do the job.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

No, the guy in question said he would post the SWGOH.gg link for us, though. The thing I’m mocking is the suggestion that the GL is so weak he needs to be carried by teams that can already do the job.

You do realize that about 1/3 of the meta report for top teams is GLs under another lead right?
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

You do realize that about 1/3 of the meta report for top teams is GLs under another lead right?

What does that have to do with what I said?
  • Eweff wrote: »

I think the suggestion was to put papa palps in under a traya lead on defense to prevent geos from beating it. While papa palps doesn't provide much in keeping geos from beating the team (and that isn't needed goes struggle enough against traya lead), papa palps could make it more difficult for other tray counters to beat it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You seem to be implying that GLs should not be under other leads.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

You seem to be implying that GLs should not be under other leads.

No, I was implying that GLs should be able to beat squads without having to rely on another squad that can already do it without the GL. So far I’m not seeing the SEE can do much other than beat JML, which can be done without needing a GL. Plus, you put SEE under a different lead and you’ll never see his ultimate which, I’ve been told, is the key to his power. (“Can’t judge that, because SEE doesn’t have his ultimate in that video”)
  • Will Ren knights join swgoh? Maybe they should have some special syngery with SEE, and antisynergy with slkr? So there can be balance and peace.. and see can have final order tag with them.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    You do realize that about 1/3 of the meta report for top teams is GLs under another lead right?[/quote]

And who might that be??
    JKL is the best character they have put out yet. I’m sure they took their time to create him. His event was even way better then any GL events by far.
    I would rather they make “mini GLs” like him and require less to unlock.
    I get what they are doing. Trying to make us level up all the garbage they have created because surprisingly the community knew better then to level up those useless characters that they created over the years.
    No more sandbagging accounts for GAC I guess was what they are going for.
    But when you can get characters like Drevan,malak and badstila pretty easily in comparison and then beat all teams with them. Then they have to think of ways to make us level up others.
    GC I thought would go down that road and started off that way with relic level requirements for factions.
    Pulling that has now made it way easier for us to get that valuable mod material.
    So once again a lower player can climb arena with Drevan and never need a GL.