Remember how GC are meant to be daily?

Funny how we spend more time waiting for these DAILY events rather than the 15 minutes it takes to finish them

Replies

• If they were daily you'd still spend more time waiting for the next event than the 15 minutes it takes to finish them.
  • It’s replayable , so one a week you do it seven times, and get rewards for once, and remember each other day that you were already able to play an average of once per day or as much as you like, to your hearts content. This way is better because we don’t have to be overwhelmed by exceptionally fulfilling rewards flooding our accounts.
  • If you play this game long enough you can see that CG will fail at everything they promise.

To quote Dante "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" which roughly translates to "Abandon all hope ye who enter SWOGH"
  • Daily is code for weekly
  • Remember how much people complained about the rewards?

Remember how CG limits the flow of new resources into the game economy?

If event frequency doubles, event rewards will most likely be halved. Be careful what you wish for.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Remember how much people complained about the rewards?

If event frequency doubles, event rewards will most likely be halved. Be careful what you wish for.

The case could be made that they already reduced the rewards from when GCs first launched (and we all know the full droid callers were a mistake). But honestly, if my choice is basically the same rewards over the course of a week but twice as much content, then I'd rather be able to play GC's twice a week for half the rewards each time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Remember how much people complained about the rewards?

Yeah, I'll take it if it means more to do in the game.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Well, at least we have Doja now to let us know what’s going on, so there’s that. It’s good to have confirmation rather than silence.
  • I think a roll of honour for the fallen hopes we had that were dashed to bring us this “engaging replayable” content. I say hopes as nothing is a promise and a promise is nothing when it comes to swgoh post 2018. I’ll start ... feel free to add ;

Vehicles
    Relic abilities
    New raid
    sandbox
    live PVP
    Reworks of GL prerequisite toons
    Mando ship
    More Separatists ships
    More FO ships
    More Resistance ships (get the idea..)
    Guild based events (anything please)
    Zorii Bliss and the First Order Raider
    24hr Geo TB phases
    Geo LSTB difficultly changes
    Changes to gear trading
    More GAC divisions (anytime soon)
    New Clone wars toons (bad batch)
    Mace rework (or any Jedi)
    Ability to salvage all g12.

• 24hr Geo TB phases
    More GAC divisions (anytime soon)

I would kill for these 2.
  • I think once a week could work if they adjust rewards accordingly. Right now the rewards seem ok but not great if it were twice a week. So double them.

Or at least make the droid caller mistake permanent. Put one piece of fully crafted gear (droid caller, stun gun, stun cuff, eyeball, ext...) in tier 4 every week. That would be a decent reward for once a week.
  • and my 7 unanswered questions from the all the Q&As......

**QUALITY OF LIFE (QOL)**

1) Can the ingame chat let us know when a Raid's phase 4 is completed? It already says when the first three phases are complete. Why not phase 4?

2) On the character inventory page, a player may select a filter to show Rebels, Empire, First Order etc. That being said, more and more characters have multiple tags these days. While I can select Separatists OR Droids, I cannot select Separatists AND Droids. Do you think being able to select multiple tags would make for a good QOL update?

3) About double drops. I want to be clear, I am not complaining about them. Anytime you want to give away free stuff, I am all for it. That being said, would it be feasible to give a 100% drop rate instead of giving double drops? It does leave a semi bad taste in your mouth when you spend 100 crystals on a cantina refresh, for example and get zero drops of whatever you are farming. Two times zero still equals zero after all.

4) You recently removed the 4 dot mods from the mod store. Kudos!!! Can the 3 dot mods be removed from tier III of the mod challenges? They serve no purpose whatsoever.

5) Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

6) At the moment, there are three prestigious quests that are tied to the ranking in the HAAT (Tank) Raid. The relevant part of the quest is listed below.

• Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or higher 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

In the eventuality that the Tank Raid becomes simmable, will there be any special consideration for the players trying to do these quests or will each player have to ask their guild's leadership NOT to sim the tank raid at least 9 times? Perhaps simply ***designating*** everyone as 1st place and give everyone the same 5th, 10th, 15th or whatever rewards?

7) Over a year ago, you said that fleet "squads" were on your QOL wishlist. Ever since then, people have been asking for them during every Q&A. Now with 8 capital ships, the need is even greater. Will we ever be able to save our fleets just like we do with squads?
  • I love this bit

“...but the team is working on ways to increase the cadence of the GCs“

Really goes hand in hand with the idea that their new tools allow them to create content quickly. Like giving trainers to a snail makes it a super speedy snail.
  • super speedy snail.

capxtr0xn745.jpg

• Pepperidge Farm remembers....
  • As much as I wanted GC to be daily, I am more happy that they communicated that it isn't going to be daily than actually having them be daily.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    24hr Geo TB phases

No please, 36 hours a good, especially for lower and medium tier casual guilds who can't fill the platoons within 2 hours.

And the Devs said it has to be 36h because the start and end times of Hoth and Geo TB have to coincide.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    24hr Geo TB phases

No please, 36 hours a good, especially for lower and medium tier casual guilds who can't fill the platoons within 2 hours.

And the Devs said it has to be 36h because the start and end times of Hoth and Geo TB have to coincide.

Source?

I don't have one myself, but I vaguely remember a Q&A where they said they wanted to look at changing to 24 hr.

FTR I want to keep it 36. There's no advantage to 24.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1972928/#Comment_1972928
    10/02/2019 Q&A
    Q: Can you keep Geo TB to 36 hours because its taking a long time to get everyone to platoon and do the combats. 36 hours gives us more leeway and it is not so rushed. ?
    A: CG_Tophat - Sure. We originally wanted to move it to the 24 hour rotation, but we've really only heard positive reaction to the longer phase. For the moment our plan is to keep it as is. Over time as Geonosis becomes more trivialized we will probably take another look at the length of phases at that time.

I agree. 36 hours is better.
    I would prefer an advance button.
    You get 36 hours till phase auto advances or your guild lead can call a phase done early and advance it
  • They could run a new one every day and overlap the 3 days

Mon -wed
    Tues- thurs
    Wed- fri
    Thurs- Sat
    Fri- Sun

5 events per week each 3 days long
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Once a week for any amount of days is fine. I'd rather have a decent reward income for doing things once a week than have to go GC 3x a week for 1/3 of the rewards each time.

The option to do these 3x a week for the same rewards isn't an option, so I pick the best available option.

I can see GC for what it is... The real advantage CG has now is they have a tool for scalable content. I think this is why tophat says over time as LSTB is trivialize they revisit GC and make it scale to a level harder than current LSTB. Essentially this allows them to provide a continuous challenge at scalable levels and control rewards for beating each level.

This could be really good for the game... but history and trust makes me feel like in the future the GC is going to get much harder and the newest gear will be locked being beating content only whales are ready for.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I want to see them run back to back with feat reset every day.

Until that happens it ia not content that engages me on a daily basis.

Now if you give me a sandbox with no rewards... i will engage with that all the time.

But this modifier mess is not something i will engage with if no rewards are avaliable. I also will not gear characters to beat feats while i have GL farms happening.