Why No Fallen Order Characters and Ship Idea

CG, will we ever get Fallen Order characters and ships in the game? If it's not in the plan, I really think it should be added. It would be a perfect opportunity to introduce two new teams: the Fallen Order heroes, and a team of Inquisitors (when combined with Grand Inquisitor, Fifth Brother, and Seventh Sister from Rebels).

I also think it would be a perfect opportunity to test out a new breed of ship: a reconfigurable ship based around the Mantis where you can select three pilots who are actively involved with piloting the ship, navigating, or fighting. The player would have the option to select any combination of three characters (e.g., Greez, Cere, Cal, Marin) to pilot the ship. The ship could also be "flown" pilot-less. Selected characters would replace default special abilities and the unique ability with one tied to that specific character, and they would replace a portion of the ship's stats.

To provide an example of how the ability swapping mechanic would work, consider the ship's unique ability (forgive the names). Let's say the default is something like:
Switchblade Wing - This ship has +20% evasion while not Target Locked, and half that amount if Target Locked.

Selecting Greez as a pilot would replace the unique ability with:
Experienced Maneuvers - This ship has +10% evasion. The first time each turn this ship evades an attack, it gains +2% evasion (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

While on the surface Greez's unique doesn't seem amazing at first, I have other ideas for Cal's and Marin's abilities that give the ship Foresight or inflict an AoE Blind that would pump up Greez's unique very quickly. This reconfigurable ship approach gives the player the freedom to still field the ship effectively without gearing the characters. But if the player does choose to gear the characters, then the ship can become even better.

Stats are a little less clear to me since I am not sure about all the math behind crew contributions to ship power, but I imagine it would be fairly easy to tune so that there would be a tipping point based on pilot gear level where it would be more advantageous to have a character piloting than not. However, the player would have the freedom to sacrifice some ship stats to have more potent abilities from the pilots.

Replies

• Honestly I just want the second sister so I can have her awesome tie interceptor but I would love the mantis crew and maybe give them some synergy as characters based on being crew mates