QOL Request - Get Rid of Autofill

At this point in the game, fleet/squad autofill seems to create more issues than it helps:

1) Capital Ships in TB (people often forget to change off of whatever the last Cap Ship event was - especially when one falls in between phases of a TB).

2) Squads for GCs - especially when trying to do short-handed feats. It's annoying to constantly have to unselect an auto-filled 5th when your are attempting short-handed feats. Especially true if you have to keep trying repeatedly.

3) As a corollary/addition to this, fleet squadrons would be great. Especially know that twice as many fleets are needed for GAC at higher divisions.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• No no, I totally want to use my trashcan Endurance rather than my maxed 7-star Negotiator for LS Geo TB battles!!! :D
    fz3kfl0kdr6o.png
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Nope, nope, sorry but CG is perfect and ----

Oh whoops had my shill filter on. I agree with this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    +1

the only problem with #2 is that if they remove it, you will have to make 4 clicks instead of 1 as you move up through the event tiers. The auto fill puts in the 4 you used last time, and then fills in the last spot from the top of your roster.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    icanectc wrote: »
    What they really need is to create the same system for fleet as they do for ground allowing us to create saved teams. I dunno what's taking them so long.

That is listed as #3. so much yes.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    +1

the only problem with #2 is that if they remove it, you will have to make 4 clicks instead of 1 as you move up through the event tiers. The auto fill puts in the 4 you used last time, and then fills in the last spot from the top of your roster.

what would be perfect is if they left everything exactly as you used it (on that individual event/node/stage/etc), with no autofil of a last toon (if you left it empty).

also co-sign the ship part as well, of course (saved teams)

also, they really need to fix the thing where when you take a blue mod, for ex, from 0-9 or 12, then go back to level up another blue mod, the screen has gone back to the top. I had thought that was fixed but it seems to be happening again(/still)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    +1

They can always make a local variable autofill instead of a global, provided it starts blank when you first enter. Also, the local autofill should leave spots blank if you left them blank the first time.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    +1

They can always make a local variable autofill instead of a global, provided it starts blank when you first enter. Also, the local autofill should leave spots blank if you left them blank the first time.
    The problem is that there are so many context within the game where it is employed. So easy to miss one or two. Sometimes it almost seems like that is where we are at right now but then the auto-fill in some location seems like it's just picking stuff at random so I really don't know what it's intended to be doing currently.

Removing it altogether, preferably followed by adding a fleet squad(ron) manager would be cleaner I think.