The Doja_Fett Megathread

Honestly I’m surprised this hasn’t been made yet. I think a one stop shop for all questions related and for Doja should be here so he has an easier time finding information or questions we have for him to relate to the dev team. I think this will make his job infinitely easier if he doesn’t have to comb through the forums and it’ll also help mods like Kyno not have to redirect posts to other areas of the forum.
I’ll get it kicked off (and it won’t be about gear crunch...yet)

Doja, are there any plans for reworks to Galactic Republic Jedi? Even touch ups? Especially Mace? With KAM being such a difficult farm it feels for naught that we can’t maximize his use with subpar toons.

Replies

• How about reworks for Darth Sid, maul, Royal Guard, and other lack luster characters.
    It isn't just older GR jedi.
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Okay here goes (some feedback and requests to potentially take back to CG)...

A couple of constructive ideas for GC's

* If we underdog a tier with the required faction, don't make us do the battle again for the 'full' team of required
    faction feat (i.e. don't make us repeat it unless it's meaningful)

* If a feat requires underdogging - please don't show me the "you're about to enter the battle without a full team" dialog, it's a waste of my time and a bad ux doing this seven times - worse if I have to repeat an attempt (which will hopefully be more often as we figure out how to make these things tactical)

* Mix things up - add a fleet GC maybe, require different factions as feats at times (remember one goal was to give us a chance to use more of our roster thing), have us go in without a leadership ability (don't nullify leaderships - give us the option tied to a feat), set a max GP for a feat (win with a team of less than x GP) etc

An idea for providing more content (constructive honest)

* Give us back our two day Assault Battles - CG are obviously struggling with giving us content. Revert this change and at least it gives us more to do, more often and assuming CG made sensible code changes to make it one day, it should be very low effort and a quick win for the community to do this. It can even be a temporary stop gap measure until they can give us more new content.
  • I don't think this is effective. It will turn into a mess of everything pretty quickly. Imo we should just discuss under individual topics and tag if need be.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I don't think this is effective. It will turn into a mess of everything pretty quickly. Imo we should just discuss under individual topics and tag if need be.

Probably true, we're just excited about having someone on board listening.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I don't think this is effective. It will turn into a mess of everything pretty quickly. Imo we should just discuss under individual topics and tag if need be.

Then let’s not have ourselves fall into that trap, yeah? Even discussing it is a poison pill in and of itself. Regardless, let’s try and utilize this as long as we can. Leave a question/request for Doja in the mean time.

I’ll go with another.

Doja, any timeline on fleet loadouts?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Then let’s not have ourselves fall into that trap, yeah? Even discussing it is a poison pill in and of itself. Regardless, let’s try and utilize this as long as we can. Leave a question/request for Doja in the mean time.

I’ll go with another.

Doja, any timeline on fleet loadouts?

Discussing what is a poison pill? I'm not against discussing anything. Right now you are abusing it with rando questions. Anyway it's not for me to decide, maybe Doja will use the topic as if he's your daily customer support. I hope he doesn't and things have some weight within their own context.
  • I’ll throw my 2 pence in..

I hope this annoys others as it annoys me.

Whenever I try to do the undersize feat for GC and then fail, I want to just spam the okay button and press battle button again to give it another shot. However I got to remember to take out the random added toon that it puts in the empty slot before I click battle. This just wastes time and needs to be fixed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As we saw with the initial answer to the GC cadence a mega thread for multiple questions is not the best way to do this, and is really 2 concepts at odds.

Mega threads are used for single topics that are being discussed.

I'm going to close this before it goes too far down the rabbit hole.

He is very aware of many of the recent topics and I'm sure as he can answer them he will drop in. Let's all keep in mind he is still getting into the swing of a new position.
This discussion has been closed.