Is it worth it to upgrade a mod after obtaining the max speed?

ccabezas93
13 posts Member
edited October 16
I would like to know other people's opinion about this. What you think?

Replies

  • I wouldn't
  • crzydroid
    4821 posts Moderator
    You mean with the new slicing mats? Now you have a chance to hit offense or protection again, making it even better.
  • Kyno
    25804 posts Moderator
    This early on, i would say no. later when many full sets of upgraded mods are the norm, yes.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    You mean with the new slicing mats? Now you have a chance to hit offense or protection again, making it even better.
    Protection?!
  • TVF
    25588 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You mean with the new slicing mats? Now you have a chance to hit offense or protection again, making it even better.
    Protection?!

    Obviously meant health.

    tumblr_n94qly5CUG1sjcg5bo9_r1_250.gifv
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    4821 posts Moderator
    edited October 16
    Well, on whom? Protection secondaries get a lot higher than health ones.

    Obviously offense is the most important secondary after speed. The rest are kind of garbage.
  • Kyno
    25804 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Well, on whom? Protection secondaries get a lot higher than health ones.

    Obviously offense is the most important secondary after speed. The rest are kind of garbage.

    generally speaking health has more benefits
    - it regens under normal circumstances
    - its the basis for both health and protection buffs

    i'm sure there are others, but beyond that i agree, it depends on whom, because kits matter on which will end up being more effective.
  • crzydroid
    4821 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Well, on whom? Protection secondaries get a lot higher than health ones.

    Obviously offense is the most important secondary after speed. The rest are kind of garbage.

    generally speaking health has more benefits
    - it regens under normal circumstances
    - its the basis for both health and protection buffs

    i'm sure there are others, but beyond that i agree, it depends on whom, because kits matter on which will end up being more effective.

    I mran, there are kits with the health based stuff. That's why for specific characters it's ok. But in general protection>health. You'll never get your health so high that you're not in the danger zone when protection is gone. Like you say, there is constant health restore, so you don't need to worry about it as much. But for the characters with protection restore, then you obviously want that because you protection numbers are higher to begin with and you need that as the buffer in between your health bar. Also, having more health can backfire with percent-health based damage, and those will suddenly eat more of your protection.
  • We’ll agree to disagree that protection > health in general.

    Characters with protection restore are rare. Same with enemies who deal % health damage.
  • crzydroid
    4821 posts Moderator
    edited October 16
    I feel like there are a ton of exposing characters.

    In any case, I was sorting my mods to look at this, and I guess I do see some hit health that's 1,000+. It's just a lot of them were on low speed, which is probably why I didn't notice it could get that high. In any case, I found some where health hit 3 times and protection only rolled twice, and the protection value was still higher.

    Anyway, if people are going to make an argument out of it, I'm willing to conceded that health and protection secondaries are equally important after speed and offense. Which honestly isn't saying much. I feel like it's

    Speed...........................................Offense..Everything Else
  • TVF
    25588 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I feel like there are a ton of exposing characters.

    :flushed:

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I feel like there are a ton of exposing characters.

    In any case, I was sorting my mods to look at this, and I guess I do see some hit health that's 1,000+. It's just a lot of them were on low speed, which is probably why I didn't notice it could get that high. In any case, I found some where health hit 3 times and protection only rolled twice, and the protection value was still higher.

    Anyway, if people are going to make an argument out of it, I'm willing to conceded that health and protection secondaries are equally important after speed and offense. Which honestly isn't saying much. I feel like it's

    Speed...........................................Offense..Everything Else
    I think flat health / flat protection are the weaker outcome once toons are in relic territory. Once they’re up there, more of them benefit from %health than %protection.

    Mind you, if a toon really needs health, there’s a high chance you’re using %health primaries, in which case you won’t have %health as a secondary anyway!
  • Rounding out your speed secondaries is probably more important right now, but later on when you’ve got a few finished sets of 5 speed ticks it could help to try for a good second secondary. Generally Offense, but some characters may value Health and/or Protection more, or even some of the niche ones like Potency, Tenacity, Crit Chance, or (gasp) Defense.
  • crzydroid
    4821 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I feel like there are a ton of exposing characters.

    In any case, I was sorting my mods to look at this, and I guess I do see some hit health that's 1,000+. It's just a lot of them were on low speed, which is probably why I didn't notice it could get that high. In any case, I found some where health hit 3 times and protection only rolled twice, and the protection value was still higher.

    Anyway, if people are going to make an argument out of it, I'm willing to conceded that health and protection secondaries are equally important after speed and offense. Which honestly isn't saying much. I feel like it's

    Speed...........................................Offense..Everything Else
    I think flat health / flat protection are the weaker outcome once toons are in relic territory. Once they’re up there, more of them benefit from %health than %protection.

    Mind you, if a toon really needs health, there’s a high chance you’re using %health primaries, in which case you won’t have %health as a secondary anyway!

    That's possibly true for high relics.

    But absolutely agree with the second paragraph. I'm not sure that any secondaries besides speed and maybe offense really give you that much. So it's kind of a weird thing to argue about.
  • vng68sdluho7.jpg

    Yes absolutely.
  • Dont Ignore defense in that health/protection debate! Defense secondaries can be quite nice sometimes.

    r9evvo4m104x.jpeg
  • scuba
    12421 posts Member
    Until you have hit enough mods with the 20+ speed secondary to mod all the units you use in the various game modes that need speed, I think chasing anything else is a waste at this point, especially with how rare the mats are. Speed is king and mods are forever the real "meta."
  • I would if it has offense %. A 24/26 with 3-4+% offense is nasty
Sign In or Register to comment.