Sith Eternal Emperor Soloed By SLKR?

2Next

Replies

• I think I read somewhere, that CG designed this to be like SEE > JML > SLKR > SEE and then Rey can counter and be countered by all? If so, I don’t see a problem with that at all. And if SEE can solo GAS, that solved a big puzzle as contrary to what some have been saying GAS not being in D, I have seen plenty of TW or GAC won because GAS in D is a banner stealing team that helps you win on efficiency.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    What’s great is when you do attacks with either SLKR or SEE squad, you usually finish with all your team dead beside the GL which is fantastic to get high banners in GAC

I think people need to explore other leads than SEE. Maybe maul lead or palpatine lead is better idk
  • dgree wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    There is no team that is safe and unbeatable.
    Sorry, but this is a strawman. Nobody's saying they "want their new shiny to be a they win button". No one is complaining that SLKR on offense can beat SEE, at all. They just want a new GL to be capable (even if it requires putting together the right squad of high-relic Sith outside of the GL's requirements), of beating an older meta GL. But instead, the only way of beating a normal SLKR squad with Sith is by benching SEE.

But congratulations on your arena battle win. Let me ask: how are you climbing through SLKR walls?

I climbed today with slkr beating slkr, seep beating jml, and Rey beating Rey. Didn't have to go thru and seep cause I'm 1 of 3 in my shard
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    I think people need to explore other leads than SEE. Maybe maul lead or palpatine lead is better idk
    EP lead and Maul lead are hard countered by Hux blocking TM gain, and besides, the main issue is that SEE is dead weight, so adding more toons like EP and Maul that won't help get around or through SLKR's mechanics just means that more useful toons are being lost.

But one thing that is problematic is that JML and especially SEE's potential to hit ultimate is wrecked by taking them out of the leader slot.

I climbed today with slkr beating slkr, seep beating jml, and Rey beating Rey.
    I see...
  • I just use JKR lead JKL and Rey to beat any team. SLKR, Rey, JML or SEE, easy and peace and no need to switch team. People occasionally ask me to take mod off if they have one battle left and doesn’t want to risk a refresh. So as long as all GLs have their rock paper scissor setup, I think it is reasonable. There shouldn’t be an auto arena winning team. Even the team I used to beat all still need manual players for first few turns.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    Poopfist wrote: »
    Shiryu wrote: »
    I haven’t heard any good things about SEE. This toon seems very disappointing

You haven't heard good things cause there is NO GOOD THINGS about him.

(yes i own SEE)

I have tried every type of mod set, speed seems best.
    He throws weak farts at people
    His mastery stacking doesn't really do anything
    His Protection stealing is below decent at best and very meh any other time.
    His deceive is a worse daze... worse cause the daze tm prevention only works against jedi and rebels.
    He has no other meaningful debuffs until ult, and while a locked shock is nice, the damage on his new basic is just as bad as his thrown farts.
    He loses basically all survival options when he ults, along with being able to deceive targets and get his speed up.
    His kit contradicts ALL sith design. Malak cant be crit, thus cant fear and taunt, cause linked targets cant crit malak. sion cant revive (his mechanic to justify his weaker tanking stats). ALL sith have some sort of health recovery or altering effects... and yet SEE recovers all their protection? Retribution is... ok? sorta? Why do sith have retribution when SEE was all about that deception?

He's bad. plain and simple. and i dare ANY dev to come in here and tell me otherwise. i have spent way to much of MY TIME, and CRYSTALS testing him to come to any other conclusion.

4wio1uxpscyy.jpg
    jf96ai70846z.jpg

This crap seep team **** all over that full jedi squad

Ok... cool? So what if he is good against JML? This argument is the equivalent of if when GAS was destroying SLKR you would have said it was ok because he destroyed other teams. That doesn’t change the fact that his other interactions are still broken and poorly designed.

GAS is never on defense anymore so thats a mute point.

You guys are missing out then. GAS ranks #1 on swgoh.gg in fewest banners per win on defense. But this will probably fall on deaf ears, making it a mute point too... 😉

i see what you did there 👍
  • After each successfully t6 palpatine says “Is time for return of the sith”. CG are u making jokes on us? Are u kidding? Really?? Return of the sith ? Slkr solo vs see+4. For this “gl” we have hoarded gear , for this we did r7 sidious ? Both gml and See are jokes.
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    See teams beat Rey teams, or will when they get see ultimate (I've beaten uRey with see, but it's far from a guarantee). See decimates jml teams. See loses to Slkr teams hard. But slkr gets decimated by jmls. You are complaining about a rock paper scissors and want your new shiny to be a you win button,and that's not how this works. The game is designed now to require multiple GL if not all of them if you want an unstoppable meta. There is no team that is safe and unbeatable. It's what everyone wanted until they didn't want it.

All the gl have off meta counters. They have from the beginning. I've gotten 60 banner battles both against my Rey and against enemy Rey's with vader teams.

Would I like some changes to See's kit so that the 1v5 mechanism gets fixed, yes. Would I love to find a way for my see to beat slkr reliably, yes.

But that above team, I was down to 1v4 seep vs jml, jkl, gas, and Hoda. Seep proceeded to fart on every one of them and make them disappear. I even killed hoda before jml for good measure (and cause his heal was getting annoying). And I'm missing 3 zetas (including the 50% protection recovery on 1st special)

Ok cool point. Garbage point though. Can you tell me what other GL can be soloed? A 5V1??? Go ahead I’ll wait.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    Dobregt wrote: »
    After each successfully t6 palpatine says “Is time for return of the sith”. CG are u making jokes on us? Are u kidding? Really?? Return of the sith ? Slkr solo vs see+4. For this “gl” we have hoarded gear , for this we did r7 sidious ? Both gml and See are jokes.

Yeah the saddest part to me about SEE isn't that he's bad, but that he's taking the spot of a Sith GL who could be better. SEE requiring all these R7 neglected Sith is indication there's little incentive to force players to relic them again, which makes it seem like the Sith are never "returning."
  • scuba wrote: »
    Poopfist wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Don't put SEE on defense

It doesn’t matter, he loses to Kylo on offense too

Don't attack Kylo with him. God forbid someone would actually have to use multiple teams to climb in arena.

SEE lead with thrawn, Armorer, Han, and a medium strength tank. Just need SEE faster than SLKR and Thrawn faster than lobster boy. Stun Hux.Link tanks, SLKR hits your tank doing more than 60% damage which gives Armorer 3 beskar ingots. Thrawn gives TM to Armorer, she gives beskar to SEE. He's pretty much invincible now. Every one else dies. Zap away with your lightning. SLKR can have more than 400 stacks. It doesn't matter. Just watch the clock. Armorer beskar unique must be maxed. She can do this at 3*s. Only for arena climb. Will not hold on defense. Happy climbing!