So GL’s can be underdogged now?

Replies

• dgree wrote: »
    Tenacity is good for the debuffs other than fear (which JKL and JML are immune to anyway), but once DR gets ferocity he'll have decent potency. One issue modding-wise: DR is just so much faster with ferocity stacks than these turtle titan jedi. If an enemy unit is too slow, DR can go twice before they have a chance to move. That specific squad setup really relies on properly using proper mechanics on offense for turns that can be prevented if the team is left on defense.

Tenacity up tends to stop the shocks pretty well even with the stacks of ferocity. Except for darth revan's fear which can't be resisted except where immune.

I've used Darth revan enough to know that if the enemy gets tenacity up, you likely won't land the debuffs. I even ran gmy in my Darth revan team when it was meta for much easier mirror matches.

So if you can get a cleanse and tenacity up, you could probably spread the jedi teachings and get to jml's ultimate before Darth revan can get through jml.

So what's the best team then? Well it seems you need a cleanser and tenacity up to hold against Darth revan. So you have jml, gmy, and gk. Then you likely still want savior so you have jkr as a 4th. Then you have either jkl or gas for damage.

I think that would be a better balanced team for defense. Though you could probably leave jkr out and use both gas and jkl. I'm not sold that savior is necessarily needed since jml taunts and is pretty tanky and on offense, the opponent will just kill jkr first anyway.
    The reason people kill JKR first is to prevent Savior from making you punch through JML all over again. And while GMY’s Tenacity Up could help, he won’t be able to use it if he’s Feared, and even if he gets it off the Fear will dispell all your buffs anyway.

It throws a bigger wrench into things than JKR, but I doubt it would be enough.

Hmm. What about Bastila? Undispellable Battle Meditation granting 70% Counter Chance could easily ruin DR’s day if he tries to Shock, and there’s a dual cleanse in there. Oh, and the Bastila lead shenanigans, but that’s something else entirely.
  • personally i would say change your title. GL's have been underdogged before but it required a GL. so this would be "so GL's can be underdogged without a using another GL" or something
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    personally i would say change your title. GL's have been underdogged before but it required a GL. so this would be "so GL's can be underdogged without a using another GL" or something
    GLs could always be "underdogged" without a GL though. These are usually just clickbaity youtube video titles.

• I for one think that the GAS Vs SLKR precedent is relevant here. Also, you dont need wat. He does not contribute to the team that you could not replace with additional characters. Yes, i get the point, that this is 3 v 5 but if it is 4v5 without wat is kinda similar to me.

Also, this counter (the 4v5) is not really breaking up teams (unlike jedi coutner Vs SLKR, Drevan + Han vs GAS, etc) so this is indeed a very small amount of invested resource. I get the ppl who are upset about it.
  • K. But SEE can be soloed by SLKR. /shrug.
  • K. But SEE can be soloed by SLKR. /shrug.

A GL soloing another GL is not the same as a two or 3 characters from old metas soloing a full brand new GL team.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    K. But SEE can be soloed by SLKR. /shrug.

A GL soloing another GL is not the same as a two or 3 characters from old metas soloing a full brand new GL team.

So you're saying a GL should be able to solo an entire SEE led Sith team? Lol... Okay.

So you're saying a GL should be able to solo an entire SEE led Sith team? Lol... Okay.

Did I say that? Hmmmm nope! Try reading by again. I’m saying your straw man comparison is not as bad as the one being showed. DR, WAT and BSF should not be able to take out an entire GL team, a brand new one at that, all by themselves. Don’t try and detract from the main point or derail my thread. Thanks
  • Underman or underdog, that's the question.
  • NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Did I say that? Hmmmm nope! Try reading by again. I’m saying your straw man comparison is not as bad as the one being showed. DR, WAT and BSF should not be able to take out an entire GL team, a brand new one at that, all by themselves. Don’t try and detract from the main point or derail my thread. Thanks

How is that a strawman? It's a direct comparison. You're upset that JML can get 3 manned by an SE squad, yet a full R7 SEE squad can get soloed by ONE toon.

It's actually WORSE. Lol. But go off queen.

Also, how can I take you seriously if you don't know the difference between undermanned and underdogged lol.
  • Rename0200102220
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2020

You’re actually insane if you think a 3v5 is a problem but a 1v5 is fine.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Poopfist wrote: »

You’re actually insane if you think a 3v5 is a problem but a 1v5 is fine. Clearly you’re just a JML owner who wants him buffed because he’s the one you got. Get off the thread and go somewhere else if you’re just going to attack people and not give any coherent argument, the big boys are discussing actual game balance here champ

lol

How is that a strawman? It's a direct comparison. You're upset that JML can get 3 manned by an SE squad, yet a full R7 SEE squad can get soloed by ONE toon.

It's actually WORSE. Lol. But go off queen.

Also, how can I take you seriously if you don't know the difference between undermanned and underdogged lol.

It’s actually interchangeable in this situation because underdogged is also appropriate given that it’s being done by a team that has little/no hope of winning. In this case on paper, one would think it would stand no Chance, but in action demolished a full JML team.
    So it’s honestly your choice ;).

Also it’s a straw man because rather than argue against my stance that JML needs a buff by being beat by a years old meta, undermanned/underdogged, you choose to bring up a different topic regarding SEE. That’s how it’s straw man. Enjoy
  • Poopfist wrote: »

You’re actually insane if you think a 3v5 is a problem but a 1v5 is fine.

Never said it was fine. Please try reading again, and remember before you rant that the internet is forever. So when you make that kind of comment on MY thread, remember that. Enjoy though, and FYI I don’t have JML but nice try
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Poopfist wrote: »

You’re actually insane if you think a 3v5 is a problem but a 1v5 is fine. Clearly you’re just a JML owner who wants him buffed because he’s the one you got. Get off the thread and go somewhere else if you’re just going to attack people and not give any coherent argument, the big boys are discussing actual game balance here champ

lol

Right? Responding to the OP and doesn’t even realize it...lol...sigh.

Anyway before this gets any more off track, no it’s not OK that SLKR can solo another GL. The fact that it happens means that CG Didn’t properly test their new GL’s against old ones and shows their testing methods are grossly flawed. I think it’s time to bring back the Gamechanger program and give test accounts back so there can be actual Testing done.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    SLK can solo SEE but have difficulty with GML

SEE can fight off GML with almost full banners. Rey struggles with SEE as well

SLK can solo SEE but does straight to GML lead.

Rey is still overall defense and offense.

The way I see this, get 2 GLs and stop saying that either SEE or GML sucks. They all have their roles to play.

And till today we had not learnt our lessons. When SLK and Rey came out, e though SLK is garbage. Wanna hear those players that say that then say it now when SLK is the most powerful toon.

And please, even those youtoubers said SLK is garbage... Bet this shut their mouths when SLK solo HSTR.

The fact is most of the new GLs DOES NOT have Ulti yet. Wait for it... Wait for the meta teams... Then we shall see...

Prove it with ur videos that SEE or GML is garbage. Would love u to review your video in 3 months time when everything stablizes.

And for those gg for those new GL. Just do it. Doesn't matter which one. Their uses will come soon. Just don't be caught off guard when u need them but they are not worked on.
    https://youtu.be/QBaOLdTAloQ

If this is allowed by CG then this is awful. They did all they could to prevent this kind of underdogging with SLKR. JML should get the same kind of treatment. If CG allows this then the investment in JML is incredibly undercut

Agreed. They both need a buff because both of them get underdogged and are beat by trash characters
  • OK this made my GAC rather amusing since the guy I was fighting put JML on def as leader and DR Fallen Wat utterly destroyed the R7 team with such ease.... thanks for posting the video
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    OK this made my GAC rather amusing since the guy I was fighting put JML on def as leader and DR Fallen Wat utterly destroyed the R7 team with such ease.... thanks for posting the video

I think it is foolish to put either one of the new GL on defense at this point.
  • Looooki wrote: »

The way I see this, get 2 GLs and stop saying that either SEE or GML sucks. They all have their roles to play.

And till today we had not learnt our lessons. When SLK and Rey came out, e though SLK is garbage. Wanna hear those players that say that then say it now when SLK is the most powerful toon.

And please, even those youtoubers said SLK is garbage... Bet this shut their mouths when SLK solo HSTR.

The fact is most of the new GLs DOES NOT have Ulti yet. Wait for it... Wait for the meta teams... Then we shall see...

Prove it with ur videos that SEE or GML is garbage. Would love u to review your video in 3 months time when everything stablizes.

And for those gg for those new GL. Just do it. Doesn't matter which one. Their uses will come soon. Just don't be caught off guard when u need them but they are not worked on.

Even with the ULT, this team comp still wrecks JML. Even with his ultimate, SEE still gets solo’ed by SLKR.

That’s not ok. It’s understandable that each GL has its strengths and weaknesses against the other GL’s, and even certain compositions like GAS, Chewy, Han, 5’s and Hyoda counter GL’s like SLKR. With the ultimate even.

But to be soloed is not ok. To be underdogged/undermanned like JML is by DR and BSF, is not ok.

This shows they didn’t do any quality testing

I respect your opinion, however I disagree. I think that every Gl should be able to beat the other with the right strategy. That is not what is happening at all and it is understandable that one counters the other. Although it seems one has a way higher advantage (Slkr). I think it should be a four way meta all countering each other. Getting 2 Gls should not be the answer because getting 1 is challenging enough.

In terms of getting soloed and undermanned that should not be happening and they should get a buff. Imagine how Slkr was when he first released that’s what it is like for these new characters. But the are getting clowned by trash teams easily. In terms of ultra making a difference that is not the case. In most cases the ultra make a minor difference if you can even get to it. Now take into consideration that you just unlocked a Gl palp and u see that he is getting soloed by another gl easily and gets clowned by trash teams. Then switch perspectives to say u get Slkr. Now u see he is doing all this and that and does he get soloed yes does he solo another gl yes. That is not balanced.
    They need a buff they are lacking even with their best versions of their teams. You should not have to keep switching teams to climb in arena.
  • LOL now you just need 2 toons to beat a top tier GML Team! Great work CG! :joy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ypZyrCGiA
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I'm not searching through a 90 minute Ahnald video lol. Timestamp please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I searched through. He used a full DR team to beat the JML. So Idk what this guy is on about.
  • TVF wrote: »

He’s being ridiculously facetious. There’s nothing in that stream since I’ve already seen it
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

I searched through. He used a full DR team to beat the JML. So Idk what this guy is on about.

Wait are you saying the forums are a source of disinformation? When did this happen?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Wait are you saying the forums are a source of disinformation? When did this happen?

I think he's saying ahnald is fake news :joy:

I think he's saying ahnald is fake news :joy:

He said it was a showdown....never said it owner Rey bu itself lol.

You do realize SLK got 2 buffs, right? one "fix" to his AI and then a complete upgrade and buff to his kit.