So GL’s can be underdogged now?

Replies

• Looooki wrote: »

And till today we had not learnt our lessons. When SLK and Rey came out, e though SLK is garbage. Wanna hear those players that say that then say it now when SLK is the most powerful toon.

And please, even those youtoubers said SLK is garbage... Bet this shut their mouths when SLK solo HSTR.

The fact is most of the new GLs DOES NOT have Ulti yet. Wait for it... Wait for the meta teams... Then we shall see...

You do realize SLK got 2 buffs, right? one "fix" to his AI and then a complete upgrade and buff to his kit.

Facts
  • gunnymeden wrote: »
    ... and a further comic observation in the same manner, C3P0 and Wat are also sorts of GLs too :)

And DN was also GL—ish being 4 star and meta... DN 4 star could beat any GL at 4 stars if GL unlocked at 4 stars...
  • Looooki wrote: »
    The fact is most of the new GLs DOES NOT have Ulti yet. Wait for it... Wait for the meta teams... Then we shall see...

As one of the few youtubers who said kylo with his ult will be different, I'll suggest that it won't matter with JML's ult. Darth Revan cheese prevents JML ever reaching his Ult.

JML's Jedi Lessons need to be locked/unpreventable for his kit to operate. That's an easy/low impact fix, that'll solve those issues. A more 'barebones' would just make Jedi Lessons unpreventable and add a baseline +20% mastery to his lead that'll stack with Jedi Lessons/Legacy. That's the barest of bare bones fixes.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »

As one of the few youtubers who said kylo with his ult will be different, I'll suggest that it won't matter with JML's ult. Darth Revan cheese prevents JML ever reaching his Ult.

JML's Jedi Lessons need to be locked/unpreventable for his kit to operate. That's an easy/low impact fix, that'll solve those issues. A more 'barebones' would just make Jedi Lessons unpreventable and add a baseline +20% mastery to his lead that'll stack with Jedi Lessons/Legacy. That's the barest of bare bones fixes.

I would also add shock immunity to his leadership like GMY lead... but for the entire squad

That would help him fight SEE as currently the non ultimate version of SEE can be a full ultimate JML and lock him from his ultimate.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »
    Tenacity is good for the debuffs other than fear (which JKL and JML are immune to anyway), but once DR gets ferocity he'll have decent potency. One issue modding-wise: DR is just so much faster with ferocity stacks than these turtle titan jedi. If an enemy unit is too slow, DR can go twice before they have a chance to move. That specific squad setup really relies on properly using proper mechanics on offense for turns that can be prevented if the team is left on defense.

Tenacity up tends to stop the shocks pretty well even with the stacks of ferocity. Except for darth revan's fear which can't be resisted except where immune.

I've used Darth revan enough to know that if the enemy gets tenacity up, you likely won't land the debuffs. I even ran gmy in my Darth revan team when it was meta for much easier mirror matches.

So if you can get a cleanse and tenacity up, you could probably spread the jedi teachings and get to jml's ultimate before Darth revan can get through jml.

So what's the best team then? Well it seems you need a cleanser and tenacity up to hold against Darth revan. So you have jml, gmy, and gk. Then you likely still want savior so you have jkr as a 4th. Then you have either jkl or gas for damage.

I think that would be a better balanced team for defense. Though you could probably leave jkr out and use both gas and jkl. I'm not sold that savior is necessarily needed since jml taunts and is pretty tanky and on offense, the opponent will just kill jkr first anyway.
    The reason people kill JKR first is to prevent Savior from making you punch through JML all over again. And while GMY’s Tenacity Up could help, he won’t be able to use it if he’s Feared, and even if he gets it off the Fear will dispell all your buffs anyway.

It throws a bigger wrench into things than JKR, but I doubt it would be enough.

Hmm. What about Bastila? Undispellable Battle Meditation granting 70% Counter Chance could easily ruin DR’s day if he tries to Shock, and there’s a dual cleanse in there. Oh, and the Bastila lead shenanigans, but that’s something else entirely.

Bastilla is definitely an option. I mentioned leaving jkr out because most players will get around the savior mechanic on offense anyway.

Yes, gmy can be feared. It's not perfect but if it keeps shock off for a few turns it could make a difference.

I'd like to see if the Darth Revan team can underdog, jml, gk, gmy, jkl, jkr team. I think the undispellable battle meditation is a good benefit and the dual dispels and tenacity up should help keep the shock off to make it easier for jml to reach his ultimate.

It doesn't have the dps as the titans variety but from what I've seen jml has pretty good dmg if he reaches his ultimate.

So I think building a team around him that keep the debuffs off and help him get to his ultimate may be better than just putting all the best jedi in the game on one team.

• I'd like to see if the Darth Revan team can underdog, jml, gk, gmy, jkl, jkr team. I think the undispellable battle meditation is a good benefit and the dual dispels and tenacity up should help keep the shock off to make it easier for jml to reach his ultimate.

It doesn't have the dps as the titans variety but from what I've seen jml has pretty good dmg if he reaches his ultimate.

So I think building a team around him that keep the debuffs off and help him get to his ultimate may be better than just putting all the best jedi in the game on one team.

but the AI doesn't get to his ultimate....

• I'd like to see if the Darth Revan team can underdog, jml, gk, gmy, jkl, jkr team. I think the undispellable battle meditation is a good benefit and the dual dispels and tenacity up should help keep the shock off to make it easier for jml to reach his ultimate.

Has anyone tested it on defense against Darth revan with any team other than the titans one? I haven't seen it if they have and I watch swgoh videos fairly frequently.

From what I saw on the Darth revan underdog video, it takes darth revan awhile to chew through the jedi but the shock keeps the buffs down. I'm thinking a mass cleanse followed by tenacity up would reduce the shocks enough that jml would get his ultimate before they can kill him.

I would think that trying the obvious kits that prevent a counter like this would be tried before calling for a fix. But it hasn't been tested as far as I can tell
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited October 2020

I'd like to see if the Darth Revan team can underdog, jml, gk, gmy, jkl, jkr team. I think the undispellable battle meditation is a good benefit and the dual dispels and tenacity up should help keep the shock off to make it easier for jml to reach his ultimate.

Has anyone tested it on defense against Darth revan with any team other than the titans one? I haven't seen it if they have and I watch swgoh videos fairly frequently.

From what I saw on the Darth revan underdog video, it takes darth revan awhile to chew through the jedi but the shock keeps the buffs down. I'm thinking a mass cleanse followed by tenacity up would reduce the shocks enough that jml would get his ultimate before they can kill him.

I would think that trying the obvious kits that prevent a counter like this would be tried before calling for a fix. But it hasn't been tested as far as I can tell

The problem is that the fear keeps possible 'mass cleanses' from working. Darth Revan team isn't worried about being one-shot by GL Luke so its a pretty pedestrian battle for them.

Sorta funny that the "Hero with no Fear" General Skywalker is susceptible to fear.

Basically, you cannot leave JML lead on defense at all as it currently stands.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    Cause faulty AI coding is not the same as working as intended mechanics.

DR locks down enemy teams with fear. While with the GAS cheese SLKR refused to use half of his kit because of broken ai. There is a difference there

Does it make it right. That's up to the the non-communicating devs to answer.

it wasn't faulty AI...SLKR was coded to target 5's with basic.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »

The problem is that the fear keeps possible 'mass cleanses' from working. Darth Revan team isn't worried about being one-shot by GL Luke so its a pretty pedestrian battle for them.

Sorta funny that the "Hero with no Fear" General Skywalker is susceptible to fear.

Anakin was ruled by fear his entire life. Of course he's susceptible to it.

In the game, however, he has a zeta ability called "hero with no fear". Just saying that its funny that DR's fear effects him.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

In the game, however, he has a zeta ability called "hero with no fear". Just saying that its funny that DR's fear effects him.
    hilarious

Boba Fett has an ability called execute but it doesn't annihilate toons hahahahahahahaha

Anakin would say he had no fear. :joy: In-game though if he wasn't susceptible to fear he'd have been a nightmare when he was meta. So I get why. I've always found CG's wording on various ability/zeta descriptions confusing or misleading though so can't say it's something new. awful lot of abilites say "always stun, always debuff, etc." then you go into LS Geo and it's RESISTED RESISTED RESISTED

Darth Revans fear only lasts one turn and then has a CD. Yes, a cleanse does not stop that fear. But that fear isn't the only thing stopping jml.

The fear, shock, and corrupted battle meditation can all be resisted by tenacity up if you get a gmy that goes faster than their Bastilla. The aoe shock from darth revan can be cleansed and resisted.

So I agree with you that Darth revan will get a round of fear. But after that, you can cleanse with gk and get tenacity up with gmy to prevent all the other debuffs.

Will it work? I don't know. Modding will definitely play a role. But th ed point I'm making is that there may be a way to make a the Darth revan counter not work without a fix from the devs.

Maybe even throw padme in there. She cleanses and is immune to fear so may be very helpful. And you still have 4 jedi to work towards jml's ultimate.
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Come on guys... They broke all the rules of their own game with GLs. What did you think was going to happen? ;)
    Did you really think that all the toons from SWGoH would play nice with toons that, for all intents and purposes, might as well be from SWGoH2?
    Of course the AI doesn't know what is going on! It's designed for a game with almost entirely different rules to the rules that GLs play by.

I wouldn't expect a fix any time soon...
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    Come on guys... They broke all the rules of their own game with GLs. What did you think was going to happen? ;)
    Did you really think that all the toons from SWGoH would play nice with toons that, for all intents and purposes, might as well be from SWGoH2?
    Of course the AI doesn't know what is going on! It's designed for a game with almost entirely different rules to the rules thar GLs play by.

or they were designed differently, without the intent of sitting on defense but being able to beat many teams (including other GLs) on offense.

Its also possible that the players are the ones stuck thinking of the same "rules" when trying to make these new teams/GLs work.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Of course the AI doesn't know what is going on! It's designed for a game with almost entirely different rules to the rules thar GLs play by.

or they were designed differently, without the intent of sitting on defense but being able to beat many teams (including other GLs) on offense.

Its also possible that the players are the ones stuck thinking of the same "rules" when trying to make these new teams/GLs work.

It would be good if we could get something from the dev's on this even if it's that they aren't designed to be invincible on defense. If nothing else it would shut down all the this gl needs buffed/nerfed threads (I've seen claims jml is trash because he doesn't beat palps easily enough, claims jml is op because he beats kylo easily, a d claims palps is trash because kylo beats him easily).

Obviously not all of those can be true. But a clarification from CG would be good at this point.

It would be good if we could get something from the dev's on this even if it's that they aren't designed to be invincible on defense. If nothing else it would shut down all the this gl needs buffed/nerfed threads (I've seen claims jml is trash because he doesn't beat palps easily enough, claims jml is op because he beats kylo easily, a d claims palps is trash because kylo beats him easily).

Obviously not all of those can be true. But a clarification from CG would be good at this point.

Well they set a precedent with SLKR when old meta’s or undermanned teams beat him so easily. @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Well they set a precedent with SLKR when old meta’s or undermanned teams beat him so easily. @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb

Yet they are fine with vader and wat teams beating Rey and Kylo under a thrawn lead with almost exclusively ftp accessible toons. So it's hard to tell what they intend in this case.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Who is designed to be invincible on defense? From what I remember and can think of now in the game, no one is designed that way.

There are many ways to use many different teams, none of them are designed the way they are, the are designed one way and the players take them and morph that into what we see today.

There are plenty of great teams that are not used on defense because they have reliable counter teams, but they are still great highly recommended teams for offense.

And those claims, while they may be correct (about they can beat), at what I was pointing out that they are just missing the point, by focusing on the "old rules". This seems th be the groundwork for a rock paper scissor meta, where yes they cannot all beat each other, but where they each have a counter. They could also be designed to not make TW a wall of all GLs, as scuba had said in a different thread.

You can ping them about this, but I think in these early stages they are more likely to let things play out, unless there is a bug or exploit in on of the kits. We have seen too many early calls of unbeatable ot trash to expect them to jump in if it's not a bug.
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited October 2020

That's a fair point, and I like your angle.

I've been here since November 2015 and the one constant has been that 'any team can be beaten on defense'. It rang true for a long time because every team conformed to the rules... and so it should be! AI shouldn't be able to out-strategise a human being, IMHO.

But with the advent of Nihilus with his 'I don't care about the rules, you die!' Annihilate, they set a precedent that the old rules of Offense vs Defence, Accuracy vs Evasion and Potency vs Tenacity could be broken.
    Sadly, around the same time, they also showed that you could have an entire team's utility in two toons: Chaze. Since then, it's been a corporately driven power creep that's made GoH pay to win, culminating in the end-of-life hyperdrive bundle and new code based around advertising that's soon to arrive (look it up!).

What you suggest is actually quite comforting: If you want to achieve greatness then you need to do it yourself and not rely on AI. You'll have to put in your 5+ Arena battles every day if you want that #1 spot. I had that experience for about 18 months and it was the best GoH I played. If CG are really reverting back to that philosophy, then I may just see it through... as long as their greed doesn't ostracise me too much.

Cheers dude. Good food for thought. d-(",)
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.

Who is designed to be invincible on defense? From what I remember and can think of now in the game, no one is designed that way.

There are many ways to use many different teams, none of them are designed the way they are, the are designed one way and the players take them and morph that into what we see today.

There are plenty of great teams that are not used on defense because they have reliable counter teams, but they are still great highly recommended teams for offense.

And those claims, while they may be correct (about they can beat), at what I was pointing out that they are just missing the point, by focusing on the "old rules". This seems th be the groundwork for a rock paper scissor meta, where yes they cannot all beat each other, but where they each have a counter. They could also be designed to not make TW a wall of all GLs, as scuba had said in a different thread.

You can ping them about this, but I think in these early stages they are more likely to let things play out, unless there is a bug or exploit in on of the kits. We have seen too many early calls of unbeatable ot trash to expect them to jump in if it's not a bug.

I'm not asking for a fix. I used the invincible on defense reference as a characterization of many recent complaints about a GL not holding well enough. It was meant to be hyperbole.

But I do think a dev response would be good. If nothing else, then to stop the complaining.

I agree with you that they seem to be moving away from a single meta but there are still enough complaints about jml or see not being meta enough, that I feel a statement about their intentions would clear a lot of it up.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Thank you! If they were really meant just for offense then why did Slkr get buffed when he got undermanned. But when it happens to these new ones it’s “apart of how they work”. How is that the reasoning. It’s a Galactic Legend they are supposed to be good on both because the requirements are so hard and they are supposed to be the “best of the best”. They are not like an nest or imp troopers. But when someone clearly needs a buff and the best excuse for not getting one is it as apart of the way they work is not enough.
    I also thought that they keep a close eye on their prize possessions. Idk maybe I’m just reading into what they are saying and actually believing it too much.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm not asking for a fix. I used the invincible on defense reference as a characterization of many recent complaints about a GL not holding well enough. It was meant to be hyperbole.

But I do think a dev response would be good. If nothing else, then to stop the complaining.

I agree with you that they seem to be moving away from a single meta but there are still enough complaints about jml or see not being meta enough, that I feel a statement about their intentions would clear a lot of it up.

It won't stop the complaints, it also wont stop the somewhat misleading information that they cant be beat by X or that they are easily beat by Y.

It's just early, and they are not likely to comment, they will let it play out and monitor what's going on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Thank you! If they were really meant just for offense then why did Slkr get buffed when he got undermanned. But when it happens to these new ones it’s “apart of how they work”. How is that the reasoning. It’s a Galactic Legend they are supposed to be good on both because the requirements are so hard and they are supposed to be the “best of the best”. They are not like an nest or imp troopers. But when someone clearly needs a buff and the best excuse for not getting one is it as apart of the way they work is not enough.
    I also thought that they keep a close eye on their prize possessions. Idk maybe I’m just reading into what they are saying and actually believing it too much.

He was getting undermanned due to his AI, which was changed.

He can still be beat by a non GL GAS lead team. They did buff him to make him more resistant to GAS being under Rey and even them out more.

This was also not done right away, they did take some time to see how things were playing out

He can still be beat by a non GL GAS lead team. They did buff him to make him more resistant to GAS being under Rey and even them out more.

This was also not done right away, they did take some time to see how things were playing out

They also at least said it was being looked at. So far nothing has been said. There are plenty of small fixes they can do to make sure he won’t be undermanned by DR anymore that won’t upset the balance they’ve put in place.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They also at least said it was being looked at. So far nothing has been said. There are plenty of small fixes they can do to make sure he won’t be undermanned by DR anymore that won’t upset the balance they’ve put in place.

They were looking at a bug/exploit. That doesnt seem to be the case here, I have yet to see anything to suggest either. Have you?

They were looking at a bug/exploit. That doesnt seem to be the case here, I have yet to see anything to suggest either. Have you?
    Not sure what you mean here? If I am Interpreting wrong let me know, but what your saying is that they announced that they were going to fix his Bugs. Granted there are no bug with these two new ones as of yet. However I don’t know if everyone else agrees, but it’s not the Ai it’s the kits them selves. They also gave Kylo upgrades to his kit to prevent him from being undermanned or destroyed by Gas. So what is the difference here I am curious. It’s the same thing happening but to both of them this time and probably worse.

And there is an exploit in being able to underman JML.
    I’m not even sitting here talking about how SEE absolutely wrecks him by comparison. I’m talking about how he is getting beaten by DR, BSF and any zeta level wat. That shouldn’t be possible. The devs need to address that. Why am I investing so much time, resources and money into something that can be beaten so easily. I don’t expect it to be invincible, but I expect it to hold up in a 2v5 essentially. That’s not unreasonable honestly and expecting communication on it shouldn’t be seen as such either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

And there is an exploit in being able to underman JML.
    I’m not even sitting here talking about how SEE absolutely wrecks him by comparison. I’m talking about how he is getting beaten by DR, BSF and any zeta level wat. That shouldn’t be possible. The devs need to address that. Why am I investing so much time, resources and money into something that can be beaten so easily. I don’t expect it to be invincible, but I expect it to hold up in a 2v5 essentially. That’s not unreasonable honestly and expecting communication on it shouldn’t be seen as such either.

I'm sure they are monitoring (as they always do), and will comment when they feel the need. Most if not all of this has been discussed and presented to them, and we all know Crumb and doja are everywhere....EVERYWHERE!!!