Why is 0 not treated as less than 60? (A GL Rey thread.)

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I will say if you are looking for people to just agree with you, this is not likely the place. This is all just a conversation and many of us are just trying to help you understand why it is the way it is, and why it is not likely to get changed. It's not a bug, but you can report it as such and they may tell you that, or a moderator there may respond with information similar to this thread.

I'm not "looking for people to just agree with [me]". But it is possible to disagree in a less unpleasant way.
    But no matter. As I say, I had better luck elsewhere. I shall know for future.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I will say if you are looking for people to just agree with you, this is not likely the place. This is all just a conversation and many of us are just trying to help you understand why it is the way it is, and why it is not likely to get changed. It's not a bug, but you can report it as such and they may tell you that, or a moderator there may respond with information similar to this thread.

I'm not "looking for people to just agree with [me]". But it is possible to disagree in a less unpleasant way.
    But no matter. As I say, I had better luck elsewhere. I shall know for future.

Sorry if you found any of my replies displeasing. Just trying to help.

Not sure what you mean by better luck if if you dont mean people agreeing with you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just to add I dont care if they make changes like this, but in the current state and the way its worded it is 100% WAI and working as designed.

The change to add in the death as a condition would likely be bad for game balance, as a paper tank would allow for a plan to open with WW. IMO
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    If your char is dead they don't have a health%. they're dead. Drops below x% health means below that but alive. It is what it is. If you want it changed then great, that's your perogative, and you should ask for a change. But it's wai, and always has been iirc.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about this board but I find it full of micro-aggressions that can make it an uncomfortable place to discuss things - even from people I feel should know better. Maybe it's just me, but I've had a much better time with this topic elsewhere.
    And one thing that I have discovered myself is that Zaalbar works the same way.
    He gains Taunt when an ally drops below 100% health but this doesn't work if they are killed this way. I took Zaalbar and my weakest possible character into a Raid attempt and waited for the weakest character to be killed in one shot. They were and Zaalbar did not gain his Taunt. I tried again with a slightly stronger character who survived falling below 100% and Zaalbar did gain his Taunt. So at least there's consistency there.
    And that does make it slightly better, tbh. I still think the wording of the two abilities - both Rey's and Zaalbar's - are at odds with the way they actually work but at least there is consistency across these skills.

So in conclusion, and yes I will stop posting about it now because there's nothing further to be gained in carrying on, the wording of these skills is poor, they don't do what they say they do but at least they behave consistently and once you know about the bad wording across these skills, you can account for it going forward.

I just hope that GL Luke's ability that's worded the same works the same way, too!

I do agree that the wording could be better in almost every ability description out there, however we already have encyclopedia version of ability descriptions and stuff like this would add to it something like that, so we are left with dev comments/explanation and precedence for abilities. Another example of this is tenacity down. In no description anywhere in any ability does it state that it can't be resisted, so with that line of thought you should have to have a resistance check for tenacity down to apply, however that is not the case. Tenacity down can't be resisted, it has been confirmed by the dev's

I did state before, as others did that it is consistent across other abilities that are similar, death doesn't count as passing the threshold, one of the first charaters in the game had this (RG) and it has been like this since then.

Yes you will get lots of hostilities on the forum's, I just ignore most of it and continue on with the discussion.