I need some direction with gearing priorities

gufu21
335 posts Member
edited October 2020
TL;DR: Who should I gear now? Should I relic one team at a time? Or spread one or or two relics on each team? Where do I get the best value? (I'm not going for GLs, GAS, Padme, Grievous, or JTR teams.)

I'm about 3.3 mil GP. Here's my roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/231132792/characters/

I'm at a weird point where I'm not sure where to direct my gear (not farming—I have plenty of farming priorities lined up.) Should I gear and relic one team at a time? (My only non-arena relics are Sith Empire.) Or is it much better to spread relics around on each team?

Some helpful info:
  • I'm not going for any GLs, any legendaries I don't already have, or Negotiator or Malevolence fleets (so I don't need FO, Resistance, Seps, GR, Clones, etc.; PT and ST aren't my thing).
  • I run CLS in arena. (I would relic CLS more, but I run the CLS+StHan cheese in HSTR p4, and if I relic CLS any further I won't be able to get him to have less HP than g11 StHan, even with mod switching.)
  • In fleets I run Tarkin, Vader, TF, Biggs, ****, TB, HT, RYW

This my usual GAC defense:
  • Bossk (Boba, 88, Greef, Dengar)
  • Mon Mothma (g12 Biggs, g11 Wedge, g11 HScout, g8 Cara; they hold quite often)
  • Qi'ra (Yolo, VC, L3, StHan)
  • Carth (M, Z, J, CO)
  • (Weak FO and Ewoks, but they hold surprisingly often because they get underestimated.)
  • Home One (with all my Rebels except Biggs—pretty frequent holds).

These six teams almost always get used on offense (in rough order of power): CLS, DR, JKR, EP, Traya, Veers (and Executrix, with Lando and Poe instead of **** and RY).

So yeah. I feel like there a million valid gearing directions, but I don't know where to go now. I've been especially tossing these ideas around:
  • StHan to g12 so I can relic CLS further. (Stronger arena team, better HSTR score, better Qi'ra defense.)
  • Finish relic'ing my DR team (DR and HK), since they're amazing and sexy.
  • Vader to g13 (I've been told that when in doubt, relic new Vader. My Empire team is a workhorse but could be stronger, and I could always use a stronger TIE Advanced.)
  • Nest to g12 (Who wouldn't want a more reliable GAC solo option?)
  • Relic Jolee or GMY to beef up my JKR team. (They also do a lot of HSTR p1 work for me.)
  • Get my troopers to g12 finally? (Only Shore is g12; everyone else is g11, and Range is lower.)
  • Acbkar to g11, since I'm thinking of switching to Rebels once I get the last star on **** (or if not, I still get a better defense).
  • Gear up Jyn, Cassian, and K2 to get Cassian's U-wing going?
  • Gear up SRP and Bistan to get Bistan's U-wing going?
  • Wedge to g12 (stronger ship and MM team on defense).
  • Cara Dune to g11 (and zeta?) for better durability on defense?
  • Bossk to g13 for a stronger HT and possibly better defense (but they very rarely hold).
  • Gear up Chirrut and Pao (+zeta), to replace Wiggs for MM defense?
  • IPD to g11 (+zeta) to help my EP team?
  • Gear up SA, SeT, or SM for a decent 5th on my DR team?

And I'm sure there's lots of other possibilities I'm not even thinking of. Any ideas? Any you would prioritize sooner than others? Any that give me especially good bang for my buck?

Replies

• Don't go nuts with relics if you care about GAC, which appears to be the case. And spread them around, only as you think you need them.

* StHan to g12 isn't w bad move, though I question whether CLS is worthy of high relics
    * Vader is beast mode since his Merciless Massacre rework
    * Nest is a handy tool but is very expensive from g11 to g12
    * GMY is definitely worthy of g13/relics, Jolee maybe eventually g13 for durability but no hurry
    * Troopers are a niche squad, though Piett is supposed to boost them I think
    * Ackbar is worth g11 for Home One, though I wouldn't go beyond that unless you absolutely have to
    * You don't need to Cassian's crew up much, the U-Wing just RI's and calls Falcon to snipe a key target. g11 Cassian guarantees a crit which is nice.but not required
    * Bistan's U-Wing is good for Rebel fleet but a hefty gear investment, particularly for an ex-meta fleet
    * Wedge is... eh (and I actually the nostalgia of Wiggs, they are just so outclassed these days)
    * Cara I don't know much about
    * Bossk is well worth g13 and even a relic or 3; the problem with your BH squad is Greedo and IG, the squishy bros
    * Pao is supposed to supercharge a MoMo squad he is a one-trick pony
    * IPD has niche uses but you can put so many toons in a zEP squad
    * SM is a great toon but only really in DR squad, SeT is a handy meatshield, SAss is niche at best (as are both of the Sith ships these toons pilot)
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I would say your CLS team is adequately geared for the teams they counter. If you want to improve that team in arena, I'd say replacing R2 with 3PAC would be the way to do it. If you are looking for a better HSTR score, you are better off rounding out your roster and having teams for different phases rather than trying to eek out a little more damage on one team.