RAYRAY wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I
    Ultra wrote: »
    Poopfist wrote: »
    SEE needs a significant buff. He is in a completely unacceptable state right now for a “GL”
    yeah he needs to be 100% unbeatable for me to accept him

Nice straw man argument. You shouldn’t be able to solo the new GL with an old meta, and his kit feels underwhelming and a little poorly designed: almost everyone who has him agrees on this, hence the question that OP posed here in the first place.

SLKR is old meta? I must’ve misunderstood crumb when he said all GLs were going to be similar power levels

I think that the problem is that they said they would be similar power levels. Right now they are not Slkr is on another level compared to these two new ones and even Rey is too.

just to point out, similar power level doesn't mean they can all beat each other, and personally i'm ok with they do not.

rock-paper-scissor doesn't require that rock can beat paper.

I'm not saying we are all fully balanced here, but I think they are all closer to where they should be than many give them credit for. I also still think its a little early for the full judgement to be cast, as more unlock the ultimates and keep experimenting, i'm sure we will see more.

I will give credit where credit is due they did a nice job on the event and the roll out of the event. Even the characters themselves are really cool and good.
    The only thing that I ask is that they just give touch ups so it is possible that beat each other with the right strategy and planning because you don’t want to have to climb in arena with two different teams that is demoralizing. Also just a few touch ups so they can’t be soloed or undermanned. I think that’s the main complaint.

That is easier said than done, and I see nothing demoralizing about using different teams to beat different teams or compositions. Think of this like a GAC match, and honestly thats the only way it works if we want what we have been asking for as a rock paper scissor meta (I know not everyone has asked for that).

the solo, undermanned thing is an interesting situation. i think it needs to be addressed when its not a GL, but maybe not when it is a GL.

I have no issue with the Rock Paper Scissors meta. I like that See can beat Rey and JML with the right teams. The fact that he can't beat Kylo is a problem but it doesn't need to be easy. If they can tune SEE so that he can beat Kylo with a VERY specific team, that is balance. The fact that Kylo can 1v5 him though is a major issue and I believe the first thing that should be addressed is that. Kylo can beat everyone and he is too strong. Nerf him or make it so SEE can have a chance. See should also solo the Tank raid.

Sorry, given your above scenario, if they buff SEE so he can beat SLKR, then he will be able to beat all other 3 GLs. That's not rock/paper/scissors or balance. That's "Have SEE and win".

Why do you need to be able to solo the Tank raid with SEE? There are other teams that can solo tank without even needing a GL. If you mean HSith, by your logic, they should also then buff Rey and JML so they too can solo the HSith.

Your are right, I meant Sith raid. And that was just because I don't have Kylo and why he is the only GL that can do anything meaningful in the highest tier raid we have is beyond me. Kylo can beat everyone, Rey can beat everyone, Luke can beat everyone (although some comps make it really hard for Luke to beat See), why not SEE?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    SEE needs a significant buff. He is in a completely unacceptable state right now for a “GL”

Nice straw man argument. You shouldn’t be able to solo the new GL with an old meta, and his kit feels underwhelming and a little poorly designed: almost everyone who has him agrees on this, hence the question that OP posed here in the first place.

SLKR is old meta? I must’ve misunderstood crumb when he said all GLs were going to be similar power levels

I don't think they are that far off of that goal. SEE needs to be able to beat Kylo on offense somewhat reliably. If they just get SEE up to that level, I think everything else is gravy.

Except jml which you don't care about since you are not farming it lol.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

I don't think they are that far off of that goal. SEE needs to be able to beat Kylo on offense somewhat reliably. If they just get SEE up to that level, I think everything else is gravy.

Honestly I think that is the problem the people that are not farming Jml and See don’t want him to get buffed because they don’t have them and they are fine with them not being good.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

I am not to far out from JML. After SEE’s ultimate, I will be going for him. As far as I can tell, the JML in my shard beat my SEE. jML beats Rey and destroys kylo. The outlier here is clearly Kylo’s strength over SEE. I think JML should have something to limit the “underdogging” but that could be enough. I will add, the SEE team that is a hard counter to JML is completely different than the one that can beat Rey reliably.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

I am not to far out from JML. After SEE’s ultimate, I will be going for him. As far as I can tell, the JML in my shard beat my SEE. jML beats Rey and destroys kylo. The outlier here is clearly Kylo’s strength over SEE. I think JML should have something to limit the “underdogging” but that could be enough. I will add, the SEE team that is a hard counter to JML is completely different than the one that can beat Rey reliably.

Ok, so %50 of the gls need changes. Half of them. And everything else is gravy.

Which team beats Rey? I just got SEE to R7 (no ultimate yet) and got crushed by a Rey Jedi team 3 times. My best performance, I timed out going one on one with Rey.

I know I just started using him, but it ain’t looking good so far. At least when I had SLKR (no ultimate) vs GAS, I found a way pretty quickly to win more than I lost. I expected SEE to do better against Rey because JML does so well against SLKR.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    my point about the GL is that, why would it matter if you need a GL to beat another GL, why does it matter if hes solo. There are always some teams that are just better or worse on defense, even when they are great teams to play with, you just wouldn't put them on D because they have a reliable counter. but thats just my opinion and I am in no way dismissing the feeling that this is not what others feel.

rock paper scissor meta in a game like this doesn't require that only 1 team can beat another team, it can have some wiggle room. its also much easier to balance this then it is to make each of them always be able to beat all the others, or to have "semi required" toons as part of a team that beats them all. I think asking for that is asking for perfection in a game with too many variables from player to player. Its fine to ask for that, but i wouldn't expect it to ever really work out like that.

You're making a pretty solid point here. So Kylo solos SEE. If your opponent has Kylo, then take SEE on offense. It's a pretty good argument. It's like for a lot of teams. You can't play Ewoks if your opponent has Nest. Your opponent has zeta Relic 7 OG Kylo? Don't place Carth.

I DO like people using GLs for offense in TW/GAC, because it restores some order to the engagement rather than someone just placing 4 GLs on defense and saying, "Ok, beat me."

I am not too fussed that SEE can be solo'd by SLKR, because it requires their SLKR. That's a solid trade, as I find Kylo is the hardest team to find on defense in the game.

My issue with the new GLs aren't exactly being beaten by other GLs. I'm very ok with that, and I can agree that even being solo'd by SLKR, isn't the worst fate for SEE if you choose to put him on defense, as it takes their SLKR.

I really dislike how DR, Bast, Wat trivializes JML though. DR is a very old team, and shouldn't be able to trivialize a GL because its a tank lead.
  • Robomechazoid
    87 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    GLs do not need buff. Just don't run JML lead, run JKR lead with JML instead and it is ridiculously good, same with Bastilla lead.

SEE has yet to be seen with ult. It should be balanced for end game. Same thing as you wouldn't say g11 GL sucks it needs buff.

GLs are already way overpowered, if u have more GLs, you usually win GAC. There are so many cool toons to theory craft, we shouldn't be stuck theory crafting how to beat GLs forever.

If anything they should nerf all GLs. Remember how dumb it was long ago in GW when you couldn't get past CLS with your entire roster? Same thing can happen with GL. Not fun.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    SEE has yet to be seen with ult.
    Not true.
  • Rename0200102220
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    dgree wrote: »
    SEE has yet to be seen with ult.
    Not true.

Lol I have his ult. He still can’t beat Kylo and struggles badly against Rey on offense.
  • I read all of these posts about SEE, seems like its going to be an SLKR 2.0, sucks at first, people yell the loudest and EA will buff SEE.

So those that have SLKR, and SEE will win out. This only makes me regret going Rey even more.
  • Dramgon wrote: »
    I read all of these posts about SEE, seems like its going to be an SLKR 2.0, sucks at first, people yell the loudest and EA will buff SEE.

So those that have SLKR, and SEE will win out. This only makes me regret going Rey even more.

They will buff JML, so people will have to farm for SEE to counter him. Ultimate SEE already dismantles JML and destroys Rey, they will not make him also win against SLKR.
  • SEE needs a buff...
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Arxyone wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    I read all of these posts about SEE, seems like its going to be an SLKR 2.0, sucks at first, people yell the loudest and EA will buff SEE.

They will buff JML, so people will have to farm for SEE to counter him. Ultimate SEE already dismantles JML and destroys Rey, they will not make him also win against SLKR.

But you can destroy JML with revan as far as I’ve seen.
  • On Ahnald’s stream his Malak just won a 1v1 against Luke.

Malak would get smoked against SLKR SEE or Rey in a 1v1.

Just embarrassing.
  • On Ahnald’s stream his Malak just won a 1v1 against Luke.

Just embarrassing.

U sure SEE can kill him? Malaks healing immunity will prevent him from recovering protection, and those 40k farts arent really all that impressive.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    On Ahnald’s stream his Malak just won a 1v1 against Luke.

Just embarrassing.

wzba0dzcxn34.png

lmao

JML was at 100% health and prot and didn’t stand a chance hahahhahahaha
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

Just embarrassing.

I have to agree with

Just embarrassing.

U sure SEE can kill him? Malaks healing immunity will prevent him from recovering protection, and those 40k farts arent really all that impressive.

I don’t have much data to back this up, but off the top of my head I don’t see why DR + malak team couldn’t destroy a SEE team
  • Eweff wrote: »

Just embarrassing.

I have to agree with

Just embarrassing.

I don’t have much data to back this up, but off the top of my head I don’t see why DR + malak team couldn’t destroy a SEE team

Agreed. But other teams that are worse than that can so idk either way they need a buff.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    tbh i'm not sure why malak would "get smoked" by SEE in a 1v1. As long as Malak has a viable lead bonus (maybe a min gear savage, not even necessarily DR) and can prevent SEE from healing, what's SEE going to do? Malak has no protection anyway and SEE needs 50 deceived enemy turns to get to ultimate.
  • dgree wrote: »
    tbh i'm not sure why malak would "get smoked" by SEE in a 1v1. As long as Malak has a viable lead bonus (maybe a min gear savage, not even necessarily DR) and can prevent SEE from healing, what's SEE going to do? Malak has no protection anyway and SEE needs 50 deceived enemy turns to get to ultimate.
    That’s no longer a 1v1.
  • Old meta beating new GL would be a new precedent if they leave it as is. They have historically fixed these things like EP vs Malaak.
  • SEE needs a significant buff. He is in a completely unacceptable state right now for a “GL”

100% agree on this. SEE seriously needs a massive buff, hes literally useless.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    That’s no longer a 1v1.
    Was anyone ever using 1v1? They just showed part of the video after everyone on SE squad died. Malak doesn't solo a JML squad, that's ridiculous. The video clip of Malak winning is from full SE squad against someone running JML under Padme lead.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    That’s no longer a 1v1.
    Was anyone ever using 1v1? They just showed part of the video after everyone on SE squad died. Malak doesn't solo a JML squad, that's ridiculous. The video clip of Malak winning is from full SE squad against someone running JML under Padme lead.
  • I am about to get jml soon and from what I see he is really really strong and doesnt need buff.

On the opposite, SEE is invisible. He seems very weak. Or maybe the correct team is not found yet (like it was for jml, now he is almost unbeatable)
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    I am about to get jml soon and from what I see he is really really strong and doesnt need buff.

On the opposite, SEE is invisible. He seems very weak. Or maybe the correct team is not found yet (like it was for jml, now he is almost unbeatable)

I respectfully disagree. JML has more counters than any GL I can think of - some completely bonkers like a quira scoundrel team. And his kit is fatally flawed to the extent it is possible to easily shut it down with a minimal diversion in equivalent teams, no other GL has that flaw.

And this is coming from someone that has all 4 GL’s, 3 of which have their ultimates including JML.
  • Thulsadoom wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    I am about to get jml soon and from what I see he is really really strong and doesnt need buff.

I respectfully disagree. JML has more counters than any GL I can think of - some completely bonkers like a quira scoundrel team. And his kit is fatally flawed to the extent it is possible to easily shut it down with a minimal diversion in equivalent teams, no other GL has that flaw.

And this is coming from someone that has all 4 GL’s, 3 of which have their ultimates including JML.

Which compo do you use ? Because the ones I faced are such a pain, but only with the proper modding
  • Mirkraag wrote: »

Ah now he's really really strong. IIRC not too long ago you were bashing on him being garbage, no?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Ah now he's really really strong. IIRC not too long ago you were bashing on him being garbage, no?

Yes totally and as I said earlier I changed my mind. I am still not convinced by the fact it needs a dark side toon to be more effective and the fact that he needs to be a leader to have the ulti but right now he seems in a better place than SEE.

Do you have a problem with the fact that I changed my mind ? Not everyone is stubborn you know.