Was There a Change to Rey's Sudden Whirlwind?

Nitrogen
119 posts Member
edited October 2020
In her kit is clearly states "This ability can't be used unless a Light Side ally dropped below 60% Health since its last use."

I just faced a Rey in GAC and she used it before my team even had one turn.

Was there a change that I don't know about?

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    What team did Rey have? What was the exact turn order?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    was it the first battle on that team?
  • Rey loses 25% of her health when she does her Lifeblood move to provide protection for the team.

She does that twice and then, boom, whirlwind.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rey loses 25% of her health when she does her Lifeblood move to provide protection for the team.

but she would not get 3 moves before any of his toons take a turn.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Rey loses 25% of her health when she does her Lifeblood move to provide protection for the team.

but she would not get 3 moves before any of his toons take a turn.

She can get 2 if another toon (RH Finn for example) TM swaps.

I have doubts it happened as described though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »

No it was not, their team was: The two RH's, L3-37, Holdo, and Rey.

I had already won the match, with neither of use getting through the other's Rey. This was my second battle against Rey, I was just kind of messing around and took in a bad resistance team in. Their Holdo was already dead, but the rest of their team was all in pretty good shape, L3 was about about 80% health, no protection, both heros and Rey seemed fine. Rey went first, both RH's went, Rey went again and - Boom Sudden Whirlwind
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nitrogen wrote: »

I had already won the match, with neither of use getting through the other's Rey. This was my second battle against Rey, I was just kind of messing around and took in a bad resistance team in. Their Holdo was already dead, but the rest of their team was all in pretty good shape, L3 was about about 80% health, no protection, both heros and Rey seemed fine. Rey went first, both RH's went, Rey went again and - Boom Sudden Whirlwind

I would bet that before Reys last turn in the previous match, you trigger the unlock of that ability and it rolls over.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I would bet that before Reys last turn in the previous match, you trigger the unlock of that ability and it rolls over.

I was wrong, I'm told that is not possible.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Since it wasn't the first battle rey was probably not full health (she rarely is)
    My guess is
    1. Rey was at 85% or less health used lifeblood ability (dropping her below the 60% threshold
    2. RH Poe went
    3. RH Finn went and swapped TM with rey
    4. Rey stomp
  • scuba wrote: »

Since it wasn't the first battle rey was probably not full health (she rarely is)
    My guess is
    1. Rey was at 85% or less health used lifeblood ability (dropping her below the 60% threshold
    2. RH Poe went
    4. Rey stomp

This is a very good theory, I would say this is it for sure.... except I just did an arena battle and my Rey got to do a Whirlwind with her second move, and I sat and looked at everyone like four times, there is no way anyone was below 60% (I was a **** and didn't take a screenshot, I will next time)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

My guess is
    2. RH Poe went
    4. Rey stomp

This is a very good theory, I would say this is it for sure.... except I just did an arena battle and my Rey got to do a Whirlwind with her second move, and I sat and looked at everyone like four times, there is no way anyone was below 60% (I was a **** and didn't take a screenshot, I will next time)

I would agree that I feel like this has happened before, but i think due to the visual representation of the bar and the fact that 60% doesn't trigger a color change, its just really hard to tell.

also, i'm not 100% on all the mechanics, but if you have any passive healing on the team a toon can take damage and be healed in the same turn, and you wouldn't see the health bar move.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Need a video please. Otherwise the answer to your question is no, there was no change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Need a video please. Otherwise the answer to your question is no, there was no change.

correct we know there was no change, but still its nice to figure out exactly whats going on. some of find it fun even.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

correct we know there was no change, but still its nice to figure out exactly whats going on. some of find it fun even.

giphy.gif
  • Kyno wrote: »

Agreed
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

My guess is
    2. RH Poe went
    4. Rey stomp

I would agree that I feel like this has happened before, but i think due to the visual representation of the bar and the fact that 60% doesn't trigger a color change, its just really hard to tell.

also, i'm not 100% on all the mechanics, but if you have any passive healing on the team a toon can take damage and be healed in the same turn, and you wouldn't see the health bar move.

Who where you going against? Anyone that does health down or health up?
    I recall a long time ago seeing something weird where health up or health down, was trigger health thresholds when it applied
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

My guess is
    2. RH Poe went
    4. Rey stomp

Who where you going against? Anyone that does health down or health up?
    I recall a long time ago seeing something weird where health up or health down, was trigger health thresholds when it applied

From what I remember standard Rey lead, JKL, JKR, GAS, and hoda