Is There going to be new mandolorian content this month

2Next

Replies

• Pille
    125 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to see a new kind of event...what about an event to upgrade mando with a new armor....would fit to the show...
  • Options
    Wait kyno, I’m not asking this for spoilers, but do you know what’s coming out next? Are you technically working for CG?

No, he's a voluntary mod like the others. Being way more active and vocal gives that impression.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wait kyno, I’m not asking this for spoilers, but do you know what’s coming out next? Are you technically working for CG?

no idea, I just love the direction the show has been given so far and i'm excited to see where it goes. From previous experience in the game and the current hype i'm expecting things to have parallels at times in the future.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Not that anyone cares but I hate the Baby Yoda name.

Just have the three Mandalorian characters we already have ready just in case they are needed for new content.

hyhlhex2yzlf.png

with his popularity both in and outside of the group of people who like SW, I can't see how he doesn't make it into the game in some way. Also, besides 3v3, there is not many cases where having only 3 ready does anything for you, so expect at least 2-4 more and some "big event" to get someone.

we all know This is the way

He just meant the name...I think.

We might not need anything else for a mando leg event. They can patch up rest of the needed with somewhat relevant toons existing in the game. Needing 10 toons for an epic is more in line with your prediction.

need no of course not, but we also didn't need more Chewie's, but here he is and he was needed for an event.

look at the connections we see in the background, the parent companies to this game have some say in what goes on to some extent. There is no way they are not going to try to capitalize on the popularity of the show. I dont know what tier we will work up to, but I fully expect to have many characters from the show popping up over the next few seasons(at least) and some necessity for them, connected to an event... I assume it will be a character release, but maybe something else, depending on the timeline they are trying to keep with regards to the show. (always play the long game)

There will surely be more characters from the show as it even clouded the main franchise movies. But it's misleading to say there won't be something event until new characters are released as there may be such an event. I'm ready for it.

its not misleading at all. it is extremely unlikely they will not release more toons before any event attached to this content, and all i said is to expect 2-4 toons before they do anything, because that follows the normal scheme we see. I think it would be more misleading to say the current ones "will be it", as that would be against the precedent set by any other "new characters added" that had a release attached to their own source material. (i.e. - rebels for thrawn, Kotor for the revan bros...)

that being said, i'm excited for Mando Monday, but i didn't expect anything this soon. I figured they would let season 2 get going and then bring in more.

There's lots of precedent where events are semi constructed from old toons. I didn't claim there will surely be an event before any new mando marquees, just that the safe bet is to get the existing ones ready in case. While this bet doesn't harm the player, the reverse case does.

never said the reverse, so we are good.
  • Options
    Do you personally think the next big thing is mando? I personally would love clone wars
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Pille wrote: »
    I would like to see a new kind of event...what about an event to upgrade mando with a new armor....would fit to the show...

hes already in his upgraded armor in game.
  • Options
    We know new characters are coming soon thanks to the data miners. It has to be Mando related.

CHARACTER BUNDLE 17
    CHARACTER BUNDLE 16
    CHARACTER BUNDLE 18

(wow thats 3 new marquees... in addition to the one we still await it will be 4
    additional note: There was no Character Bundle 15)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    We know new characters are coming soon thanks to the data miners. It has to be Mando related.

CHARACTER BUNDLE 17
    CHARACTER BUNDLE 16
    CHARACTER BUNDLE 18

I dont follow data mines, but anyone know why those numbers are so low? we have had more characters introduced that offer bundles than that...

are they place holders or do they always how up like that?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

CHARACTER BUNDLE 17
    CHARACTER BUNDLE 16
    CHARACTER BUNDLE 18

It is just new bundles, could be for old characters, like for the "missing" shops for the 2 new GL's

So all we know is that there are new character bundles
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

No he isn’t. The upgraded armor is the same colour as his helmet. The Mandalorian is wearing his armor from the start of the season in the game.

BUT we don’t need another The Mandalorian in the game.

Maybe a rework to let him summon The Child? Or at least let him use the mini rockets on his wrist. That’s one way they could do it.
  • Options
    He just meant the name...I think.

Yes, prefer The Child or something else.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

No he isn’t. The upgraded armor is the same colour as his helmet. The Mandalorian is wearing his armor from the start of the season in the game.

Maybe a rework to let him summon The Child? Or at least let him use the mini rockets on his wrist. That’s one way they could do it.

My bad.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

I think a new version is more likely than a rework. What I expect is a few new characters to round out a squad and give us something to panic farm and then a legendary/journey event for full-beskar Mando with whistling birds and the Child as a summon. Alternatively, the event could require some old toons with reskins, such as IG-86 and Ugnaught isntead of IG-11 and Kuiil. That would mean less shard farming but CG seems to enjoy making us gear up useless characters...
    And then a GL Mando somewhere further down the road, possibly with the Darksaber.
  • Options
    I’m hoping for a full beskar Mando as a legendary.

I only want the baby yoda to appear attached to ig-11, as per the new chewie/c3-po.

To nurse and protect!
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    As far as having another Mando in game so soon, it’d be cool if we upgraded the one we have. New skin, same kit but an additional unique => Mando can’t take damage while he has allies and instead reflects 50% damage to enemy leader.

Obviously it would never happen, but it would be cool and work darn well with Greef’s stealth ability.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I only want the baby yoda to appear attached to ig-11, as per the new chewie/c3-po.

To nurse and protect!
    Or in his pod/cradle, to one side, like the Arc Trooper's turret. :)

• Options
    What if the graphical update is just giving Mando his shiny armour
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    if they don't use a lens flare, i'll be disappointed
  • Options
    Boba Fett is the Nov login character. Post sarlac GL Boba Fett confirmed.
  • Options
    Mando characters in the store
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?