Should I even bother going for the new galactic legends?

Coolnessda
276 posts Member
edited October 2020
As a free to play gamer I try to manage my resources as best I can. With the release of new palpatine and luke, I was rather surprised to see that the requirements for palpatine were so easy for me to reach not like slkr, rey, or jm luke. However with the latest news of these new characters being easily beaten I'm beginning to have second thoughts on if I should give up on palpatine and just go for supreme leader kylo instead. Any honest feedback on what I should do would be appreciated

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No one can tell you what you should and should not go for.

Its early to be judging them, but that's not going to stop anyone. Also, we know we have at least 1 fix incoming for Luke's AI.

For things like this it's better to talk about your goals and hangups to give an idea of what you want to accomplish. That will help anyone give you advise on how to get on that path.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Its early to be judging them, but that's not going to stop anyone. Also, we know we have at least 1 fix incoming for Luke's AI.

For things like this it's better to talk about your goals and hangups to give an idea of what you want to accomplish. That will help anyone give you advise on how to get on that path.

Where you been, that is mostly what the forums do is tell people what they can and can't do.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Where you been, that is mostly what the forums do is tell people what they can and can't do.
    You can't say that! :o
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

You can't say that! :o

See what I mean
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Probably not, as it stands (it sounds like you were looking at SEE, but aren't close to JML). The advantage of going for a new meta character is the opportunity to get "on top of the meta", so to speak. But SEE is at the bottom of the meta, and that's after you put high relics both on the requirements (a lot of low-tier characters) and SEE's squad.

Whatever counter squad you intend to use against SLKR in arena (DR, whatever), you can just relic that squad, use it anyway without an SEE to set on defense, save your resources, and wait for the next meta. Or maybe SEE will be significantly touched up to become viable enough in arena to provide good value for someone without a GL, rather than being a sort of luxury GL.

Or you could get a GL now, probably SLKR. Going after SLKR now is generally what's considered to be chasing the meta: getting in late on a meta, where you have to put in all the resources but get greatly diminished benefits. But if SEE is just at the bottom of a meta where SLKR is still awesome, and SLKR is the king of HSTR, SLKR still seems like a good choice. And his requirements aren't tough at all to get and go into his squad.

But not a lot of people enjoy holding onto resources and patiently skipping metas, especially when new meta toons may end up not being as good as older ones. Like @Kyno said, it depends on what you want to do.

JML is a long farm if you don't have a roster lined up for it so it doesn't hurt to start farming shards. Good against SLKR, good for LS TB.
    Post edited by dgree on
  • Options
    Both have been a disappointment from an arena meta standpoint. From a GA/TW, they’re essential toons. If CG teaches you anything, it’s don’t throw money at them because they’ll find another way to diminish your investment 1-2 months down the road.