Question about how power scales between Geo TB phases

It's a common strategy in Geo TBs to hold territories so the guild can get maximum points in the subsequent phase, i.e. stopping just short of getting a star so you can 3* in the next phase. I've come to find that in p1 I can 4/4 many missions, but when p2 rolls around and I attempt the same mission with the exact same squad I sometimes don't clear a wave. I know RNG plays into things pretty heavily but curious how the power scaling works all around.

My question is, does each phase have it's own power (health/prot, off, cc, cd, speed...) increase although you are still fighting in the prior territory?

Thanks ✌️

Replies

• crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    RNG.
  • BlackBart
    156 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    It does not scale. Now something that might happen is that you change which squad you use. Certain squads do work a bit better in some territories then others based on the opposition mix.

Which leads to another different potential cause. Unlike Hoth there is a bit of randomness in the mission opponents. And some are notably more difficult then others.
  • Options
    When I'm using Rey or GAS, it's pretty much between 3/4 and 4/4. When I'm using JTR I had one 0/4 last month when I forgot to remod R2 for crit chance (more exposes, more TM gain) and did it again this month - in a different phase - & got 3/4, but without the CC% I couldn't take down Kalani.

When I remember the CC% on R2, it's usually between 3/4 & 4/4.

However, with every other squad I field, I can range between 1/4 & 4/4, and I can't detect any pattern. First day, p1, 3rd day repeating p1, etc. doesn't seem to make a difference. Without GL Rey, GAS, or JTR (+ remodding), it all depends on getting a great start, and that seems in my experience to be attributable solely to RNG, or I think i would notice some other pattern.

Of course, I've only had Rey for 4-5 months and there are only 4 phases per month, so the total data set is limited. Could be a pattern in there I haven't noticed, but I really don't think so.
  • Options
    One of the biggest factors that can affect your results that’s outwith your own control is the enemy composition. Certain teams are particularly susceptible to certain enemy lineups.

Best example for me is Padme’s GR team. Facing double B2 with Magna + Sniper/Droideka is a very tough proposition for Padme teams. You can still 4/4 if you meet it, but it is unquestionably harder. Especially if you meet it in waves 1 and 2.

Similarly Rey, as good as she is, can come unstuck against an enemy lineup with 2 geonosian spies. They can kill someone outright which can prevent the usual 4/4.
  • Options
    Thanks all. Very helpful input.