Adding Raids to Journey Guide

ShaggyB
2390 posts Member
edited October 2020
Can we get the Raids added to journey guide?

These could be done for no rewards and just put there to have fun replaying and soloing.

I inderstand not doing the sith raid, but the rancor and the tank can be solo'd by many players and these would be welcome editions to Journey Guide.

Additionally, for this to make sense, its probably time to put HAAT on sim.

Put it this way. My guild sims rancor.... hyperdrive bundle reset the mini quest for dropping the door on the rancor.

How do i clear that if i cant ever play the rancor raid?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020

@CG_Doja_Fett what do you think?
  • I would love to see this added

But not gonna happen sadly
  • This is a great idea! I would love to see this!!!
  • Cool idea. Since raids go by way too fast, there's no time to test anything.
  • It would be good if you could jump straight to a phase too, so you can test out squads without needing to clear the previous phases.
  • This is a question I asked the devs during one the more recent Q&As. They actually answered it but not in the way you are hoping.

Can any or all of the raids be added to the journey guide for fun and/or practice? No rewards of course, apart from allowing people to progress in any of the quests that they may be doing.

The Journey Guide presents the raid characters: Han Solo, General Kenobi, and Darth Traya. The goal of the feature is to surface the actual actions players need to do and point them to those actions. Because the raids are designed to be collaborative game modes, creating an isolated practice mode wouldn't fit the goal of the Journey Guide. That said, I can see the value in the suggestion, and it's probably something that could fall under the initiative of the sandbox mode.

<sarcasm>and since we are getting a sandbox mode any day now.......</sarcasm>
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Id say its time to reconsider that. At least for the rancor in that it was too easy to beat alone before any of the new characters were even released.

Id love to attack rancor with kylo, but im not leaving my guild to do it....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Id say its time to reconsider that. At least for the rancor in that it was too easy to beat alone before any of the new characters were even released.

When they get around to mythic raids you may have your chance.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

:o
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »

They were mentioned over a year ago..... may not want to hold your breath on that one, but at least it can give the OP some hope.......
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

They were mentioned over a year ago..... may not want to hold your breath on that one, but at least it can give the OP some hope.......

Dont really want harder versions.

I want to replay the original without having to leave my guild
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Yeah I got a little exited but then realized this was old “news”

We do need new raids
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

thats good to know what you want, but you should probably consider what you are more likely to get.
  • Kyno wrote: »

thats good to know what you want, but you should probably consider what you are more likely to get.

Eh, id rather get what i want.

Seriously, the coding to not have it grant rewards would take next to no time.

How much is an hour of 1 programmers time?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That one aspect of what you are proposing....just to remove the rewards, maybe an hour, probably more like 1/2 day.

That is not even the half of what you are proposing.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020

That one aspect of what you are proposing....just to remove the rewards, maybe an hour, probably more like 1/2 day.

Proposing a button in the journey guide, already coded in other spots, that links to a raid. Trick is changing the destination link from a cut and paste of the button code to the join lobby of heroic pit. Single instance so youd likely just have a user join a lobby a lobby that no other user linked to.

Then im asking that destination to be an already coded rancor raid. The heroic version exists in the game already, no changes needed for the launched raid.

So the new code is to remove rewards at the end, set kickoff to not be requiring tickets (may or may not be an issue depending on how raid code looks).

Im sure it would take more than an hour, thats a joke on my part, but the reality is.... most of the required code is already in game and needs small tweaks to work.

So yes the request shouldnt be a tough one to do given whats already in the game today
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Proposing a button in the journey guide, already coded in other spots, that links to a raid. Trick is changing the destination link from a cut and paste of the button code to the join lobby of heroic pit. Single instance so youd likely just have a user join a lobby a lobby that no other user linked to.

Then im asking that destination to be an already coded rancor raid. The heroic version exists in the game already, no changes needed for the launched raid.

So the new code is to remove rewards at the end, set kickoff to not be requiring tickets (may or may not be an issue depending on how raid code looks).

Im sure it would take more than an hour, thats a joke on my part, but the reality is.... most of the required code is already in game and needs small tweaks to work.

So yes the request shouldnt be a tough one to do given whats already in the game today

We can agree to disagree on how simple things like this are.

There is more to it, and the "small tweaks" are not that simple, but I wouldnt expect you to concede that point at all.

I'm not saying it's a tonne of work, but there is a lot more to it than that, and it's not so simple.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

We can agree to disagree on how simple things like this are.

There is more to it, and the "small tweaks" are not that simple, but I wouldnt expect you to concede that point at all.

I'm not saying it's a tonne of work, but there is a lot more to it than that, and it's not so simple.

Yay we can agree to disagree