Fankit for General Jan Dodonna

Hey everyone. Simple stuff, got a bit bored, fondled around with some ideas, and well, here's a new post about a little Fan Kit I was hoping to enjoy sharing. As the title says, this time it is Jan Dodonna, the esteemed and legendary general of the Rebel Alliance who even the Emperor himself respected, to a degree.

Do be sure to leave me a feedback, as I am constantly on the lookout to improve my little fan creations and could always use some pointers.

General Jan Dodonna:
General Jan Dodonna
Roles: Light Side, Rebel, Rebel Fighter, Support
Description: A veteran Military Leader who grants his Rebel Allies ever-growing improvements.

(Basic) Simple Command
During Turn: Call target ally to assist, dealing 35% reduced damage. If target ally is Rebel, they gain +10% Turnmeter, doubled for Rebel Fighters. If target ally is debuffed, they ignore enemy defence.

Out of Turn: Apply Protection Up (10%) for 2 turns to the weakest ally Rebel that does not have Protection Up yet. If all allies have Protection Up, grant Offense Up and Critical Damage Up to all allies for 2 turns.

[ZETA] (Special) Special Forces Training (4 turn CD)
Cleanse all debuffs on all allies. Target ally Rebel then gains the effect Rebel Spec-Force Training for 2 turns which cannot be prevented, dispelled or copied and does not stack. Then, all Rebel Fighter allies are called to assist. Allies with Rebel Spec-Force Marine gain +50% lifesteal and cannot be evaded.

Rebel Spec-Force Training: +10% Offense and Critical Damage. Whenever General Jan Dodonna takes a turn, recover 5% Health and Protection. When this effect expires, apply Rebel Spec-Force Marine until the end of the Encounter which cannot be prevented, copied or dispelled.

Rebel Spec-Force Marine: +30% Offense and Critical Damage. Whenever General Jan Dodonna takes a turn, recover 10% Health and Protection. Whenever General Jan Dodonna is damaged, gain +10% Turnmeter and gain +5% Turnmeter if ally Rebel Leader is damaged. This Effect can stack up to 3 times on a single Unit, but additional stacks only increase the Offense and Critical Damage bonus by +15%.

[ZETA] (Special) Advanced War Tactics (5 turn CD)
General Jan Dodonna and target ally swap Turnmeter. If target ally is Rebel, they gain Defence Penetration Up, Accuracy Up, Potency Up and Advantage for 2 turns. Then, dispel all enemy buffs and apply the opposite debuffs, if any. For each enemy with less than 3 debuffs at the end of this Ability, all Rebel Fighter allies gain +10% Turnmeter.

If there is an ally Mon Mothma in the leader slot, reduce the cooldowns of all Rebel allies with Rebel Spec-Force Marine by 1.

(Unique) General of the Rebel Alliance
General Dodonna cannot be critically hit while buffed and takes -50% damage from Out of Turn attacks. For each Rebel Fighter with Rebel Spec-Force Marine, Dodonna gains +25% Maximum Health, Protection and Tenacity.

As long as General Dodonna is active, whenever an ally with Rebel Spec-Force Marine goes below 100% Health, they gain Lifesteal Up for 2 turns and +25% Turnmeter. Whenever an ally with Rebel Spec-Force Marine is defeated, reset the cooldown of "Special Forces Training" and grant Dodonna a Bonus Turn which cannot be prevented.

So, I hope the read was enjoyable. And if not, blast me into space as if I was an Impostor.

Replies

• Sebek wrote: »
    One thing, She is a General but not a Leader?
    mc0zuu93fy9k.jpeg
    She is a he, bro.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    One thing, She is a General but not a Leader?

That was done to create room for a Mothma lead. Dodonna was a General, yes, and a leader ability and tag would make sense. I agree with you there, but he was also someone who directly answered under Mon Mothma, and so i wanted to reflect that in his kit that he is a defacto-leader with how he grows a massive influence on his allies, more than Mothma does, but he still "answers to her" from a hierarchal perspective.

I hope this answer makes sense.
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Overall it's not a bad kit idea. But there are a few problems with it.
    Let's get the 2 zeta's out of the way. He only has 4 abilities. There isn't a single character in the game with 4 abilities that has more than 1 zeta. So seeing 2 just bothers me a lot.
    Another problem is that the Rebel-Spec force buffs are very elaborate, to the point of being confusing. They do a lot which is very hard to keep track of, especially sine they have effects on place that don't make sense. Like the Health Steal and can't be evaded line in the special. That should be in the buff itself or in the unique.
    The final problem is the During turn/out of turn effect of the basic. There is nothing in his kit that indicates he attacks out of turn. I get why it's there: Mon Mothma lead. But looking at it on his own, there is nothing to trigger that. That is a problem in the design.
    Overall it's a well designed character that could be a pretty good addition to the Rebel faction, if he had his own lead and wasn't mant to be under Mon Mothma. Till now I've left her as much out of the picture as possible, because I'm gonna be honest. This kit and Mon Mothma's synergises about as well as water mixes with oil.
    Lets start with the biggest problem in this department: Jan Dodonna deals no damage. That means that he will escape from the battle when there are no allied combatants left (doesn't matter that you didn't include it. He has no damaging attacks so it is guaranteed to be in there). This means that enemies don't need to defeat him at all in order to win the fight, massively reducing this teams survivablity. Which is this teams strongest attribute. It's even worse in 3v3, as there then is only a single ally left that has to be defeated. That's not good at all.
    Another is the damage output. Since he doesn't deal any damage. Yes he increases ally offence and Crit damage. But considering how often allies assist in this team, that is making up for the lost damage at best. Plus 3v3, where there is also only a single ally dealing damage. Those buffs are't gonna make that up at all. Combining this with the reduced survivability, and literally any other Rebel Fighter is a better choice.
    But those aren't the only synergy problems. There is also the can't be Evaded and accuracy up. Now you think those aren't that bad, until you realize that the reduced damage penalty on Mon Mothma's lead is also triggered when enemies evade the attack. So this does somewhat take away an aspect of her leadership that could be used. This is a minor one thou. But there is also the assist call on the basic. Mon Mothma already calls assists all the time so why that one is necessary is beyond me. But the problem is the "debuffed ally" bonus. Mon Mothma grants high tenacity to her team (her summon also grants +45% Tenacity on top of her lead) and dispels debuffs with her basic and her lead. So the chance that that condition will be triggered is really low and very limiting.
    There's a few other tings like the offence up which is already supplied by one of the most important Rebel Fighters in this team all the time (Pao) and the bonuses to his health, protection and Tenacity, which aren't shared trough Mon Mothma's lead since that only shares at the start of the battle and combined with the previous "doesn't need to be defeated" problem doesn't help this team at all. But you get the point. This kit doesn't synergise with Mon Mothma at all. He is a lot more effective in any other rebel team.
    That's my feedback. Sorry it ended up being so long. It kinda needed to be. Hope it helped you in some way. I am thinking of making a kit idea for him myself, but it's nothing more that a very small and basic concept based on yours at this point so no promises. It's still a pretty good kit idea by itself anyway. So good job.
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Overall it's not a bad kit idea. But there are a few problems with it.
    Let's get the 2 zeta's out of the way. He only has 4 abilities. There isn't a single character in the game with 4 abilities that has more than 1 zeta. So seeing 2 just bothers me a lot.
    Another problem is that the Rebel-Spec force buffs are very elaborate, to the point of being confusing. They do a lot which is very hard to keep track of, especially sine they have effects on place that don't make sense. Like the Health Steal and can't be evaded line in the special. That should be in the buff itself or in the unique.
    The final problem is the During turn/out of turn effect of the basic. There is nothing in his kit that indicates he attacks out of turn. I get why it's there: Mon Mothma lead. But looking at it on his own, there is nothing to trigger that. That is a problem in the design.
    Overall it's a well designed character that could be a pretty good addition to the Rebel faction, if he had his own lead and wasn't mant to be under Mon Mothma. Till now I've left her as much out of the picture as possible, because I'm gonna be honest. This kit and Mon Mothma's synergises about as well as water mixes with oil.
    Lets start with the biggest problem in this department: Jan Dodonna deals no damage. That means that he will escape from the battle when there are no allied combatants left (doesn't matter that you didn't include it. He has no damaging attacks so it is guaranteed to be in there). This means that enemies don't need to defeat him at all in order to win the fight, massively reducing this teams survivablity. Which is this teams strongest attribute. It's even worse in 3v3, as there then is only a single ally left that has to be defeated. That's not good at all.
    Another is the damage output. Since he doesn't deal any damage. Yes he increases ally offence and Crit damage. But considering how often allies assist in this team, that is making up for the lost damage at best. Plus 3v3, where there is also only a single ally dealing damage. Those buffs are't gonna make that up at all. Combining this with the reduced survivalist, and literally any other Rebel Fighter is a better choice.
    But those aren't the only synergy problems. There is also the can't be Evaded and accuracy up. Now you think those aren't that bad, until you realize that the reduced damage penalty on Mon Mothma's lead is also triggered when enemies evade the attack. So this does somewhat take away an aspect of her leadership that could be used. This is a minor one thou. But there is also the assist call on the basic. Man Mothma already calls assists all the time so why that one is necessary is beyond me. But the problem is the "debuffed ally" bonus. Mon Mothma grants high tenacity to her team (her summon also grants +45% Tenacity on top of her lead) and dispels debuffs with her basic and her lead. So the chance that that condition will be triggered is really low and very limiting.
    There's a few other tings like the offecne up which is already supplied by one of the most important Rebel Fighters in this team all the time (Pao) and the bonuses to his health, protection and Tenacity, which aren't shared trough Mon Mothma's lead since that only shares at the start of the battle and combined with the previous "doesn't need to be defeated" problem doesn't help this team at all. but you get the point. This kit doesn't synergise with Mon Mothma at all. He is a lot more effective in any other rebel team.
    That's my feedback. Sorry it ended up being so long. It kinda needed to be. Hope it helped you in some way. I am thinking of making a kit idea for him myself, but it's nothing more that a very small and basic concept based on yours at this point so no promises. It's still a pretty good kit idea by itself anyway. So good job.

Don't worry about the length of the feedback. I actually appreciate the detail.

I want to thank you for giving me such an extensive feedback, it helps me with improving my work. So with that said, I see what you mean. I have no rebuttal at all to the weaknesses you pointed out, so I will try to work on them and try to make the idea more balanced and useful for future works

Many thanks!