Sith Fleet Commander

Desrond
2 posts Member
edited October 2020
I've been playing this game for a number of years, and increasingly as more and more Sith ships were introduced I couldn't help but think that having a Sith fleet commander would be an awesome way to synergize some of the less used ships. With the addition of fleet commanders from the Galactic Republic to First Order eras, I feel the Old Republic should get some love with perhaps introducing Darth Nihilus as a fleet commander. I'd say he or Darth Malak/Revan would be the most obvious choices because all three of them in their respective games at some point were in charge of their own capital ships, excluding of course, the Star Forge though that could be an interesting albeit likely extremely difficult concept to work around. Just a thought, not sure if anyone else has posted this sort of line of thought. What are your general thoughts?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• dgree
    521 posts Member
    Yes. 1000 times yes. It seemed early on with palpmobile and such that there would be a real sith fleet, but then the "sith empire" fleet faction was created and the ships with SE pilots weren't even added to it and the game just moved on.

The fleet has a couple of niche uses when maxed, but is basically platoon fodder and the synergy to make bomber shine requires too many ships to be either starting or coming out at once as 1st RI. Needs a CS to pull it all together. Unfortunately, despite SEE requirements being Empire and Sith, the current theme seems to be much more of a sequel trilogy focus than having any real Sith focus (SEE is almost a side character, like Nute when padme and GAS were out), so it feels unlikely now.
  • Unlikely, but hopefully it'll happen. For instance if the Capital Ship has a sort of double passive where it does things for Sith units and additionally maybe an extra bonus for Sith Empire in the case of a Malak/Revan type deal. I feel like there's quite a bit of untapped potential.
  • Malak or nihilas would be most likely. They both had ships that were displayed in the game. Revan does in the lore but not directly in any game. I'd go with malak since he layed waste to taris with his ship and nihilas was pretty much just on his ship while laying waste to stuff with the force.
  • Desrond
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Definitely makes sense, especially since they have a Kenobi capital ship and he can take quite a bit of time to unlock. Though Malak does have a few more requirements. I feel like because of Nihilus' Force aspect, in addition to how he had such a strong influence on his crew there could be a pretty interesting dynamic there. I mean, we have a Capital ship that can blow up another Capital ship, seems like anything is on the table. I definitely see Malak being the easier choice, as far as what we have seen in the past from Capital ships, as he would be able to potentially tie in the Sith Empire ships as well.
  • In terms of a sith fleet, I have only one concern towards a ship unit, the Sith fighter. I use it a lot in the fleet arena battles I do and I am honestly wondering what was going through their heads when they added this part of the last sentence to it's unique:

"While it has foresight, it has +25% Offense and loses 10% Max health (Stacking) at the start of it's turns"

The amount of times it get's one shotted by noodle attacks is unreal, and the health reduction should be removed as it destroys the unit wherever I use it.
  • 1000 times yes to a Sith capital ship. I'd prefer Nihilus as Fleet Commander personally because he's my favorite Sith, but I can totally see why they may go for Malak instead. Either way I love the Sith and would be ecstatic to have a Sith capital ship to lead my Sith Fleet into battle.
  • @DarthVeritlyn I did a Darth Nihilus capital ship fan kit, with an additional Sith ship to the mix, if you want to check that out. I added aspects of Nihilus's kit into the Ship's kit, and it more of a support ship until the ultimate triggers.
  • @DarthVeritlyn I did a Darth Nihilus capital ship fan kit, with an additional Sith ship to the mix, if you want to check that out. I added aspects of Nihilus's kit into the Ship's kit, and it more of a support ship until the ultimate triggers.

I actually have that post favorited lol