Rebel Y-Wing is terrible

What was supposed to be a counter against the hounds tooth is a complete pile of rubbish. I'm sorry I wasted the effort to max this ship out, I'd advise everyone to avoid this ship till it is re-worked completely. The shield disruptor does not work as it's written. "Dispel all buffs on target enemy AND inflict shield disruption for 2 turns." What in reality happens is that the taunt is dispelled and the shield disruption gets resisted. Especially against the houndstooth I'd give the shield disruption a 1 in 8 chance of actually working.... again 7 stars with all the abilities maxed out.

It's hit points are so atrocious combined with the fact that every attack makes it taunt, you'll have one chance to use this in battle, and then it's destroyed. If it gets it's ability blocked you've wasted a slot in the ship battle. It would be better if the taunt and shield disruption weren't tied together, so you could actually hide it behind a real tank like the GR Y-wing or give it hit points of a real tank.

Unfortunately, the houndstooth is still way to dominate in the fleet arena. If you choose to run all light-side ships you've basically relegated yourself to a sub standard team. Maybe with the negotiator things improve, but unless you're in a very successful guild this probably isn't in your grasp for a long time.

While I'm on the subject where's Luke's X wing? That ship is featured in how many movies?

Why is the Raddus tied to the houndstooth? Get rid of the importance of this ship.

Mandalorian ship?

Replies

• I don’t mean to dismiss your post or demean you, but fielding all LS ships with Negotiator is what a vast chunk of people do.
  • But this seems the only option to run a LS team without being run over correct? Where is a mid level path to do this? The houndtooth gives 5* capital ship fleets a bigger advantage than running any LS. Curious what is the fleet you run. The DS with houndstooth has 3 capital ships that are then able to dominant the top spots.

In my division I used to hold the number 1 spot, and even though my fleet is 120k higher than most of the other fleets I am slowly being pushed out of the top 30. Everyone above me is running houndstooth. The rebel Y wing was supposed to be the counter for the houndstooth to knock it's dominance out, the guys running this game have admitted to this being the purpose of the rebel Y wing. It did not accomplish this, and running the negotiator isn't going to help the rebel Y wing as it's not galactic republic.

I have all the light side ships 7* except for the negotiator and raddus. Suggest a team without either of these capital ships to take out pretty much any team that runs houndstooth... I'm open.
  • n8e wrote: »
    In my division I used to hold the number 1 spot, and even though my fleet is 120k higher than most of the other fleets I am slowly being pushed out of the top 30.
    GP is a measure of resource investment not combat power and a large chunk of a fleet's GP can be tied up in reinforcements which never get used in battle.
    n8e wrote: »
    I have all the light side ships 7* except for the negotiator and raddus. Suggest a team without either of these capital ships to take out pretty much any team that runs houndstooth... I'm open.
    Han's Millenium, Falcon, Biggs, Bistan with Cassian as first RI under Home One aka the former Rebel meta fleet.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    If you are running Millennium Falcon, you should have no trouble with HT. Also run HT yourself.
  • BenQuadinaros
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Considering I just won my first LS Geo ship combat mission in P1 and P2 only because I have Rebel Y-wing maxed out, I’d say it’s worth the investment. I know this post is in arena, but it does it’s job in a solid rebel lineup.
  • Let's look at the rebel ywing from a cost benefit perspective.

The cost is low. You get the shards pretty much along with farming another newer characters that you'll likely want anyway.

You don't have a pilot to farm or gear. So the remaining cost is ship currency and ability mats which aren't that hard to come by late game.

So the benefit. You have a ship that synergizes with your rebel fleet and let's you not have to farm and gear 3 rogue one characters to replace on of the u wings. It will still be good for tb and gac for either a defensive fleet or a counter to some fleets. It's not meta but I have seen it possible but difficult to beat the negotiator.

But over all it's a low cost easy to farm ship with moderate value.