“Random” squads

Nerfherder7563
53 posts Member
edited October 2020
I have been playing for quite a few years now, and I’m just now starting to get bored of setting the same teams for every event. I figured this could be a fun but also very useful post.

What are good or fun teams to mess around with, other than the usuals?

I’m experimenting with rebels (ackbar lead w/ mon m +3) & sith (sidious lead w/ sith trooper +3). Also trying to come up with a solid or just fun Scoundrel team from different factions.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I’m also trying to insert older toons here and there.
  • Maul + Nest + 3x Sith (everyone except Nest gets stealth, very annoying)

Replace one bug with Wat. (I usually ditch Sun Fac). Alternatively you can get the same effect as Maul + Nest with dooku on an all-separatist squad with Nest or Sun Fac. This is especially effective if you combine the two strategies: dooku, Sun Fac, Wat, + 2 more seps. Wat's tech keeps Sun Fac taunting and gives you a revive, & on top of all that, if the taunt fails, the other separatists are probably stealthed anyway b/c of dooku.

In GAC you can play around with Geos in front, Mon Mothma behind so they can't use the same Traya counter twice.
  • I get bored and play around in galactic war with the 3 tuskens,gammorean guard and + 1.usually a nightsister or wampa
  • In GAC when there's a big, full relic team and I don't have strong enough teams to defeat it, I use my "Red Vengeance" team as I called it. It's my Sith Trooper (Relic 7) with 4 very weak Siths. The 4 little Siths get killed quickly and Sith Trooper avenges them. The damage done to the enemy team by the Sith Trooper is beautiful. It always kills at least 2 toons, sometimes everyone.
    It's a low banners win obviously, and often needs a second attempt to finish the enemy team, but it makes unbeatable teams beatable :)
  • Nute lead, jango, dooku, droideka and nest, this team does alright on defence
  • I quote like shak lead with zbarris, hermit, old Ben and relic wampa..

Also, zmaul with 3 other sith plus nest is an alternative to nute lead, or an addition to.. I’ve been trying zmaul with savage, sid and sith assasin plus magna on the back row with nute lead in the zone in front..
  • I’ve got some great fun teams 😄 (some of these take away from other teams though):
    • all rebel droids team, for maximum health and protection boost from R2. If he’s in the leader slot, his stats boost with chewpio’s is actually insane.
    • Rogue One squad with C-3P0 instead of K-2S0. The expose on basic works great with Jyn’s leader, and the translation buff also works great with Jyn’s leader. I’ve also tried adding Wat and his HoT’s and assists under Teched rebels’ turns makes for even more exposes and even more health and protection regen.
    • Mon Mothma lead with jyn, cara, pathfinder and chewpio. A team of all rebels with revive mechanics. Wouldn’t work against GAS but it works most of the time and is fun; it’s like Nightsisters 2.0.
  • These are great guys! Love it. As @Agents_of_t said above, i also enjoy messing with crappy characters on galactic war, so i’ll definitely be using a bunch of the combinations you all posted.
  • DrMorpheus wrote: »
    I’ve got some great fun teams 😄 (some of these take away from other teams though):
    • all rebel droids team, for maximum health and protection boost from R2. If he’s in the leader slot, his stats boost with chewpio’s is actually insane.

Yup! I noticed that on galactic war, that huge boost for chewpO
  • Lobat lead + 4 other droids is another one i will play with in gw.

Me too! Haha. That’s awesome. I have Lobot on g11. I’m that guy.
  • 2fvqzb37knea.jpeg
    These are my favorite fun squads. There’s enough to think about that it typically either burns a really good team that wasn’t necessary, or it gets underestimated and results in a hold or two.
  • Sometimes it actually worked in GAC, but most times it did not. Still fun to play with though, I try it out in the GCs if I have some time.
    4ay2rpkfyrtl.png
  • Mon mothma, Wiggs, k2, andor. Can be a right pain in backside

Me too! Haha. That’s awesome. I have Lobot on g11. I’m that guy.

My lobot is not g11 but g7 or 8 but that speed boost from his leadership for droids and the fact he is a obscure toon not tok many ppl use makes him fun.screw cup lobot for the win
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    Mon mothma, Wiggs, k2, andor. Can be a right pain in backside

I like that. I never got Baze leveled or I'd have him on my team, but I had been wondering about K2 being a tank on there, I could see he and Andor making that team super annoying.

I've also been theory crafting Chewpio - he still will assist all of the other people rebel fighters due to his unique, he just won't call any assists on HIS turn.
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    You have to have HRScout on the squad. HRScout is absolutely mandatory. Together with zPao they keep up an incredible TM train.

Once you've got those, though, K2 + Cassian seems fine as a final pair.
  • I have been playing for quite a few years now, and I’m just now starting to get bored of setting the same teams for every event. I figured this could be a fun but also very useful post.

What are good or fun teams to mess around with, other than the usuals?

I’m experimenting with rebels (ackbar lead w/ mon m +3) & sith (sidious lead w/ sith trooper +3). Also trying to come up with a solid or just fun Scoundrel team from different factions.

Apparently this team is supposed to be one of the best mixed squads, but unfortunately I do not have wampa so I cannot speak from my own experience:

Rex (lead), zzWampa, Baze Malbus, Chirrut Imwe, and any high damage attacker (such as Darth Nihilus or Enfys Nest).

Looking at Wampa's kit, both of his zetas are probably necessary, however any other zetas you can apply to any other team member would probably be very worthwhile.