Guild search question

IntrepidFox
237 posts Member
edited October 2020
I’m in a good guild, but we’re hemorrhaging members like nobody’s business.

We never get new members and its at the point now where we struggle to get the numbers for tw, which has led to more members leaving.

Our name has some funky characters in it, and searching for it using normal characters doesn’t return our guild.

I know cg put out a fix for this beards ago but does anyone know if actually worked? At the moment it doesn’t even seem to even return closely matching results.

Fyi I searched for it a few months ago on my new alt and it didn’t return results then either or i’d have put it down to the system not returning the guild you’re currently in.

Does anyone know vaguely what the criteria the system uses to return results are, as it obviously only returns a small subset (which doesn’t seem to be paged), or if there are any tips for improving the likelihood you’d be returned in the results.

My thanks to anyone who has read this far.

Replies

• We have used the relevant sections of the forums to advertise too, but that seems to bare no fruit at all. It would be nice to know if the in game search works.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are many factors involved.

If you are losing players, there is a tipping point where a new player even if they see you in the search you dont seem like a "good investment". Players will be less likely to join a guild that is not close to full.

Recruiting is a very active thing, to say it vote no fruit is more than likely due to your techniques and effort than players not being there.

There are also several Discord servers for recruiting that may help with your efforts.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There are many factors involved.

If you are losing players, there is a tipping point where a new player even if they see you in the search you dont seem like a "good investment". Players will be less likely to join a guild that is not close to full.

Recruiting is a very active thing, to say it vote no fruit is more than likely due to your techniques and effort than players not being there.

There are also several Discord servers for recruiting that may help with your efforts.

Thanks. It’s not me doing that, but I’m passing it on to the peeps who do.

I just tried searching by name pasting in the proper name copied from swgoh gg. It didn’t return anything at all, but off course it’s possibly filtered out because that’s the guild i’m in. Do you know if it should return?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe that is correct, it will not show your guild when you search.
  • Thanks again
  • We have used the relevant sections of the forums to advertise too, but that seems to bare no fruit at all. It would be nice to know if the in game search works.

If you need a new guild search me in game 552934363