What are the options for First Order teams without OG kylo, Hux and Sith trooper?

RattyBatty
94 posts Member
edited October 2020
What are the options for First Order teams without OG kylo, Hux and Sith trooper for a beginner player? I don't want to farm OG kylo because he's 80 shard farm and i don't like 80 shard farms and sith trooper and hux are a long way away. I already have KRU, by the way
I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years

Replies

• Options
    My first FO team was KRU lead, FO Officer, FO Executioner, Phasma and FO Tie Pilot
  • Options
    KRU, FOST (FO stormtrooper), FOX (FO executioner) & FOO (FO officer) are all toons that can be used from mid-gear levels to relics.

FOST is on a cheap Light Side node and is a great toon.

FOX is on a cheap Cantina Battles node, and FOO can be purchased with the currency you gain by farming FOX, the Cantina Battles Store tokens.

So that's 3 characters that are available immediately and easily that you will never regret gearing up.

Phasma is available incredibly cheap and fast through the Galactic War store. Even if you don't have access to that store just yet, it's coming very, very soon and it doesn't take long at all to get Phasma all the way to 7 stars.

Phasma isn't a great character, but is a very good starter character and fits with your FO needs.

Those 4 toons should make it easy to field a full squad under your KRU lead, but be careful not to put too much gear on Phasma right away. Much, much later you might decide to farm the requirements for Galactic Legend Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, and they you'll need tons of gear on Phasma, but just to get you started in the game, you shouldn't give her too much gear. G8 or g9 is fine. By g10 you'll definitely want to stop and prioritize something else. G11 is too much.
  • Options
    KRU, FOST (FO stormtrooper), FOX (FO executioner) & FOO (FO officer) are all toons that can be used from mid-gear levels to relics.

FOX is on a cheap Cantina Battles node, and FOO can be purchased with the currency you gain by farming FOX, the Cantina Battles Store tokens.

So that's 3 characters that are available immediately and easily that you will never regret gearing up.

Phasma is available incredibly cheap and fast through the Galactic War store. Even if you don't have access to that store just yet, it's coming very, very soon and it doesn't take long at all to get Phasma all the way to 7 stars.

Phasma isn't a great character, but is a very good starter character and fits with your FO needs.

Those 4 toons should make it easy to field a full squad under your KRU lead, but be careful not to put too much gear on Phasma right away. Much, much later you might decide to farm the requirements for Galactic Legend Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, and they you'll need tons of gear on Phasma, but just to get you started in the game, you shouldn't give her too much gear. G8 or g9 is fine. By g10 you'll definitely want to stop and prioritize something else. G11 is too much.

This, but I also would like to add that if you're planning on using your FO in Squad Arena or Grand Arena (when you unlock it, that is), you will want to get Hux and Sith Trooper. Hux is your FOO Mk2 with his mass assist and ability CD resets, and Sith Trooper deals lots of damage and cleanses your FO and Sith. Generally, KRU's lead is preferable for its speed and TM gain, but Hux lead may potentially eclipse it if your Hux is fast enough.

In addition to that, don't be afraid of farming characters that take 80 or more shards to unlock. Granted, they take longer to unlock, but also have better stats from the get-go. For example, OG Kylo is a great addition to your KRU team to keep feeding TM to the entire FO.
  • Options
    ManInWhite wrote: »

This, but I also would like to add that if you're planning on using your FO in Squad Arena or Grand Arena (when you unlock it, that is), you will want to get Hux and Sith Trooper. Hux is your FOO Mk2 with his mass assist and ability CD resets, and Sith Trooper deals lots of damage and cleanses your FO and Sith. Generally, KRU's lead is preferable for its speed and TM gain, but Hux lead may potentially eclipse it if your Hux is fast enough.

In addition to that, don't be afraid of farming characters that take 80 or more shards to unlock. Granted, they take longer to unlock, but also have better stats from the get-go. For example, OG Kylo is a great addition to your KRU team to keep feeding TM to the entire FO.
    i know 80 shard characters are good and i am now farming a 80 shard character myself (old ben). I am not farming kylo because i am farming others on cantina (old ben and after him Geo spy) and it's just that i don't like 80 shard farms anyway. And for Hux and Sith trooper i haven't unlocked their nodes yet

I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • ManInWhite
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    RattyBatty wrote: »

i know 80 shard characters are good and i am now farming a 80 shard character myself (old ben). I am not farming kylo because i am farming others on cantina (old ben and after him Geo spy) and it's just that i don't like 80 shard farms anyway. And for Hux and Sith trooper i haven't unlocked their nodes yet

That has clarified things. But since you are currently farming Old Ben, both he and Geo Spy (and OG Kylo, for that matter) can be obtained through other means-Old Ben and Kylo in the Guild store, and all Geos except GBA in the Fleet store (Poggle is in GW, though. My point is they are all very easy to 7-star.). If those aren't available to you yet, I would strongly suggest joining at least a starter guild to get tokens and reach lvl 60 to unlock Fleet Arena.
    Post edited by ManInWhite on
  • Options
    RattyBatty wrote: »

Every toon in the game is a 330 shard farm eventually.
  • Options
    If you want to be successful in GAC (early to mid game GAC), OG Kylo is a great tool for soloing enemy squads (Carth being the most prominent exmaple).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    @Rath_Tarr
    Every toon in the game is a 330 shard farm eventually.

I think the OP knows that. We're trying to help the OP get what they want, rather than trying to tell the OP to want what we want.