SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    LeeB wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Meta report top 1, see surpassed rey, top 10 got to same percentage. Seems see is as good as rey in arena meta.

If only there were other parts of the game 🤔
    Of all the parts of the game, it's arena and raids where SEE is the most underwhelming.

He is a great addition to GAC/TW/TB and as the meta report suggests he is actually not as weak in arena as claimed to be in over 140 pages in this thread. So what other game modes are you talking about?
  • Options
    Armorer has 100% fixed SEEs arena/gac issues. Its not a fun play style but he dominates on offense and is meh on defense. I would prefer him to be better on defense, would like his link fixed and have some sort of strategy in his play.

His link not working in assault battles is complete crap and should be fixed. His tag should be tank, cause honestly that continues to play out in his playstyle. His and JML's ult should charge equally if in lead or not.

The biggest issue is raid damage. No one is asking for SLKR level damage and if they are, they are delusional to think it will happen. SEE needs to do similar levels of performance to Rey in HSTR and in CHR, JML needs a tweak in that department as well.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Meta report top 1, see surpassed rey, top 10 got to same percentage. Seems see is as good as rey in arena meta.

You mean like GAC, where SEE +Wat can take down Rey or JML for strong banner count? Or TW where that team can do the same or use the armorer team and save Wat?

Or are you only talking about raids? And let's be honest, no GL does "well" in HSith except SLKR.

z8khso25jjcv.png
    We mean at least this, where See performs worse than non-gl teams like Padme and 501
  • Options
    Xagen wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

You mean like GAC, where SEE +Wat can take down Rey or JML for strong banner count? Or TW where that team can do the same or use the armorer team and save Wat?

Or are you only talking about raids? And let's be honest, no GL does "well" in HSith except SLKR.

z8khso25jjcv.png
    We mean at least this, where See performs worse than non-gl teams like Padme and 501

So "other parts of the game" really means 1 specific raid?

Well given the fact that SEE was "terrible" everywhere, but after theory-crafting and actual game play he seems to be on par with the other GLs (save for maybe SLKR - who no one is on par with) in almost every other area of the game except for one, maybe there's a reason. Or maybe he needs a different team around him.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    The idea that his kit is okay because he and darth wat nuke everything but slk is a joke; a 2 man cheese team should never perform better than a 5 man team.

Not saying you are commenting about my post, I was simply compelled to reply to this point.

I do not think his kit is ok. I think the 2 man cheese proves that there are fundamental problems with him/the game. The duo does work currently and my comment was more about how this should absolutely be exploited while it exists.

I have jml and can climb easy with him, but I do actually run the wat see cheese all the time now because it’s hilarious and works fast
  • Options
    To those of you who say SEE is perfectly fine, please just give one area of the game where SEE is better that literally any other GL. Armourer means that now any GL can beat any team on offence, so all that matters is defence in arena - ok, that means that SEE as the weakest defensive GL is still the worst there, albeit by a smaller margin than before. In GAC defence > offence for GLs, so again he is the weakest GL, and in PvE he is useless. The point is NOT that he is terrible in any specific area of the game, just that he lacks any brilliance relative to any of the other GLs and can do nothing that any of the others can’t.
  • Options
    Grandson wrote: »
    To those of you who say SEE is perfectly fine, please just give one area of the game where SEE is better that literally any other GL. Armourer means that now any GL can beat any team on offence, so all that matters is defence in arena - ok, that means that SEE as the weakest defensive GL is still the worst there, albeit by a smaller margin than before. In GAC defence > offence for GLs, so again he is the weakest GL, and in PvE he is useless. The point is NOT that he is terrible in any specific area of the game, just that he lacks any brilliance relative to any of the other GLs and can do nothing that any of the others can’t.

I think people have found a way to use armorer to beat SEE with JML, or easily with Rey.

Usually my SEE doesnt fall past 20s/30s on defense overnight in my shard; today I woke up and fell from rank 1 to rank 103 overnight and saw teams with Armorers everywhere.

You are right man. Armorer made SEE a good attacker that can finally beat SLKR, but it also made everyone else beat SEE easier. SEE is now 100% useless on defense.
  • Options

One would think rey is the worse defense option in arena meta rn given there are much more owners of her, but she's gradually getting used even less. If she's a better defense option, why is this the case?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Decado not quoting, but no real update, he was still pushing through data and information to the team the last time we spoke.

It seems that some (just a few from earlier on) of the points and even videos are either countered with data they have, or never panned out since then, or are kind of "ok" as they require high level of investment (I didnt get details but this was about one of the F2P counter videos) and was shown to only be used against a lower relic SEE team.

This is not directly from his most recent comment and push, and from what we talked about he is still talking things over.

My question was whether CG has changed their stance on undermanning since the change to Kylo directly related to the GAS/Echo duo, and if you have no idea all good. Doja doesnt respond here outside of the monthly update so I figured Id see if you could get any answers on their stance given you have become our only line of communication.

Nice to hear that though, and some of those videos are definitely relying on poor/god modding to get done for sure. Thanks.
  • Grandson
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

One would think rey is the worse defense option in arena meta rn given there are much more owners of her, but she's gradually getting used even less. If she's a better defense option, why is this the case?

Hmm fair, looking at the meta report there do seem to now be equal numbers of SEE/Rey, so that does make sense. Regardless though, even if SEE is only the second worst GL in one specific area of the game, that doesn’t change the fact that he has nothing ‘special’ about him relative to the other GLs. Whereas GML is the strongest arena team in the game, Kylo breaks PvE and Rey is amazing in GAC as well as being very good in Challenge Rancor, SEE has nothing, and that isn’t really ok given that he is meant to be a GL.

Edit: to be clear, Maru does seem to be correct in that my previous post is out of date as SEE is no longer the worst GL in arena. I’m just saying that is not the same thing as him being ok or not needing a retouch.

• Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options

'cause many players already switched to other Gls, there are many guys who have already farmed 2-3 Gls, that's actually logical if you played with Rey + JKL to switch to JML.
  • Options

'cause many players already switched to other Gls, there are many guys who have already farmed 2-3 Gls, that's actually logical if you played with Rey + JKL to switch to JML.

Hmm so all the see players in arena have one gl, but everyone else own multiple and pick&choose? If that's not the case, they have no obligation to use see, but they still do with moderate success.

I always agreed see needs a bump, but at this point the arena argument is gone despite all the efforts to draw it as absolute worst, completely unusable etc.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options

Hmm so all the see players in arena have one gl, but everyone else own multiple and pick&choose? If that's not the case, they have no obligation to use see, but they still do with moderate success.

I always agreed see needs a bump, but at this point the arena argument is gone despite all the efforts to draw it as absolute worst, completely unusable etc.
    don't want to do it again but c5z8m27ern9t.png
    t4l9jbd90ici.png
    Don't know regards other people's shards, but my shards include about 50 players, that means it would be incorrect to check top 1/10 only

• Options
    If SEE does not get a buff by next Thursday, I am thinking of posting my swgoh.gg profile here and crowd source what better things I can do with my hoard of gear, zetas and relic materials. With your support, I hope to emerge stronger than if I had pumped all of these to get SEE.
  • Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    If SEE does not get a buff by next Thursday, I am thinking of posting my swgoh.gg profile here and crowd source what better things I can do with my hoard of gear, zetas and relic materials. With your support, I hope to emerge stronger than if I had pumped all of these to get SEE.

If you don’t have slk he’s the way to go solely for raid rewards - I don’t have him but I have the other 3 (rey helps in p1 crancor), but I’m so far away from him if I went for him now I would never be able to get whatever new shiny toons they come out with.

I’m not sure how slk does in arena tho as I don’t have him, but I know see + wat is easy to climb and if you’re in an older shard you prolly don’t see a lot of slk anymore in top 20
  • Options

If you don’t have slk he’s the way to go solely for raid rewards - I don’t have him but I have the other 3 (rey helps in p1 crancor), but I’m so far away from him if I went for him now I would never be able to get whatever new shiny toons they come out with.

I’m not sure how slk does in arena tho as I don’t have him, but I know see + wat is easy to climb and if you’re in an older shard you prolly don’t see a lot of slk anymore in top 20

Thanks. I already have SLKR and too far away from Rey to even try. I am farming MM and Chewpio but it will take 2 more months to 7 star them. After that, 2-3 months to get an Ult JML. So, need to think of something different and perhaps non-GL. Am waiting patiently but it is wearing too thin now.

Am an F2P so can't really dump cash to get Armourer to R7 and use her with SEE
  • Decado
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks. I already have SLKR and too far away from Rey to even try. I am farming MM and Chewpio but it will take 2 more months to 7 star them. After that, 2-3 months to get an Ult JML. So, need to think of something different and perhaps non-GL. Am waiting patiently but it is wearing too thin now.

Am an F2P so can't really dump cash to get Armourer to R7 and use her with SEE

Armorer doesnt need relics to work with SEE on offense. Mines G7 or G8 and works fine. We dont know the exact gear level needed (not sure if 3* G11 is going to quite cut it even with great mods) but a G12 7* Armorer can survive SLKRs aoe, allowing you to use a pretaunt and 3 man FO SLKR teams. SEE honestly isnt that bad right now. Raids are a writeoff, but with correct modding you can 2-3 man any of the GLs. Its the least fun I have had using a team personally though. You set up a couple of opening moves and can hit auto instead of playing though apparently some people think thats a bonus so whatever floats your goat.
  • Options

don't want to do it again but c5z8m27ern9t.png
    t4l9jbd90ici.png
    Don't know regards other people's shards, but my shards include about 50 players, that means it would be incorrect to check top 1/10 only

You did it and it has shown jml is much more preferred than see and not much else. In the part where you haven't shown, where rey resides, one can see rey is much more prominent in top 100, but not at the very top, where it actually matters. AND we are talking meta top 1-10 is much better to use then 100.

100 is more like -what people use- while 1-10 is -what people have success with-. I don't remember any era where people discussed what is the current meta by top 100. It has always involved past metas mixed into it.
  • Options
    6oixzuqw0tq1.jpg

Got SLKR last week, finally got him to R7 today. Only 1 zeta so far, but OMG, all I can say is this feels like what a Galactic Legend is supposed to be.

Much more useful just about everywhere than SEE. Much more fun all around to play him. No waiting for boring, slow linking, or wet farts being thrown around. (Though SEE's AoE lightning is pretty gratifying).

It's nice to be able to get 100mil damage in Sith Raid with him, and a sizable chunk in Rancor. It's nice to destroy just about any team in 3v3 GAC. It's nice to know he'll be pretty viable for my guild in TW on defense. When I get the ultimate, I know he'll be even better everywhere.

In Arena, because my shard has so many JMLs now, I do think SEE is a bit more useful there.

But the two GLs just don't compare. I don't understand how anyone who owns both SEE and SLKR can call the former a GL. SLKR is just so much better.

I do regret getting SEE first now. Should have went SLKR first. I'll keep my SEE though. But my SEE will remain a 1-trick pony to kill JML in arena.
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    6oixzuqw0tq1.jpg

Got SLKR last week, finally got him to R7 today. Only 1 zeta so far, but OMG, all I can say is this feels like what a Galactic Legend is supposed to be.

Much more useful just about everywhere than SEE. Much more fun all around to play him. No waiting for boring, slow linking, or wet farts being thrown around. (Though SEE's AoE lightning is pretty gratifying).

It's nice to be able to get 100mil damage in Sith Raid with him, and a sizable chunk in Rancor. It's nice to destroy just about any team in 3v3 GAC. It's nice to know he'll be pretty viable for my guild in TW on defense. When I get the ultimate, I know he'll be even better everywhere.

In Arena, because my shard has so many JMLs now, I do think SEE is a bit more useful there.

But the two GLs just don't compare. I don't understand how anyone who owns both SEE and SLKR can call the former a GL. SLKR is just so much better.

I do regret getting SEE first now. Should have went SLKR first. I'll keep my SEE though. But my SEE will remain a 1-trick pony to kill JML in arena.

Wait until you get his ult, it’s so absurd how good CG made this guy. Every other GL sucks in some way compared to him lol.
  • Options

I’m not saying SEE is perfectly fine. I’m simply pointing out that there is no longer an excuse for SEE not being “on par” with the other GLs. “On par” is not the same as “equal” btw. SEE can be slightly worse than another GL and can still be considered on par. Here’s the breakdown:

1. Squad arena: JML/SEE are now better than Rey/SLK. This has been a slow developing trend, but it’s noticeable now. No one holds on defense anymore; now it’s about which GL is more annoying to beat, and SEE is very annoying if you don’t have SLK.

2. GAC/TW: Rey is best for defense, SEE is best for offense. JML takes too many Jedi to be considered top tier, and SLK has too many counters and cheese.

3. Raids: it’s SLK >>> Rey > JML/SEE. Even Rey loses now to Vader-Shaak Ti in CTR P1, so her raid viability is now back in the distant 2nd place again. JML is barely worth running in CTR P4 now, and will only get further minimized as people transition to Rey-Jedi for P4.

4. TBs: everyone gets 4/4, but obviously LS GLs are more valuable. Of the two, Rey is clearly stronger for LSGTB. JML lead sucks compared to slow JKL lead. No meaningful difference between SLK and SEE.

5. Misc: SEE, SLK, and Rey all have great ults. The last GL is arguably better for your roster if you don’t invest in his ult at all (GAC matchmaking). SEE is not the worst GL design by CG.

As you can see, SEE is on par for best GL in 3 of the 5 categories. Stop underselling how good SEE is in his niche; it makes a lot of you look out of touch.
  • Options

I’m not saying SEE is perfectly fine. I’m simply pointing out that there is no longer an excuse for SEE not being “on par” with the other GLs. “On par” is not the same as “equal” btw. SEE can be slightly worse than another GL and can still be considered on par. Here’s the breakdown:

1. Squad arena: JML/SEE are now better than Rey/SLK. This has been a slow developing trend, but it’s noticeable now. No one holds on defense anymore; now it’s about which GL is more annoying to beat, and SEE is very annoying if you don’t have SLK.

2. GAC/TW: Rey is best for defense, SEE is best for offense. JML takes too many Jedi to be considered top tier, and SLK has too many counters and cheese.

3. Raids: it’s SLK >>> Rey > JML/SEE. Even Rey loses now to Vader-Shaak Ti in CTR P1, so her raid viability is now back in the distant 2nd place again. JML is barely worth running in CTR P4 now, and will only get further minimized as people transition to Rey-Jedi for P4.

4. TBs: everyone gets 4/4, but obviously LS GLs are more valuable. Of the two, Rey is clearly stronger for LSGTB. JML lead sucks compared to slow JKL lead. No meaningful difference between SLK and SEE.

5. Misc: SEE, SLK, and Rey all have great ults. The last GL is arguably better for your roster if you don’t invest in his ult at all (GAC matchmaking). SEE is not the worst GL design by CG.

As you can see, SEE is on par for best GL in 3 of the 5 categories. Stop underselling how good SEE is in his niche; it makes a lot of you look out of touch.

Oddly I agree with most of your consensus.

Though, for SEE, he is definetly the most limited GL as to what he's good for. He excels at one thing only, arena.

JML isn't much better (only being better for LSTB, like you said, more valuable because of that). But JML is also useless for raids , like SEE

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    JML is not useless in raids, he can do a little in the crancor.

Also his lead with ult is pretty good in phase 1 of tb when you need two jedi teams.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Does anyone know how the AI plays between Wat and SEE - namely which tech it picks for SEE?
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the AI plays between Wat and SEE - namely which tech it picks for SEE?

I believe Wats tech order is Tank Tech: Tank - Highest combined health/prot > Other - highest combined health/prot > Medpac - lowest combined health/prot > Weapons > fastest attacker. If its just SEE/Wat youll get tank tech, if you have a full team itll be weapons assuming Wat survives long enough.
  • Options

When using just Wat+SEE, it gives him tank tech. When using a full team, he gives tech to everyone else and not SEE
  • Options
    Decado wrote: »

I believe Wats tech order is Tank Tech: Tank - Highest combined health/prot > Other - highest combined health/prot > Medpac - lowest combined health/prot > Weapons > fastest attacker. If its just SEE/Wat youll get tank tech, if you have a full team itll be weapons assuming Wat survives long enough.

Thank you!
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »

When using just Wat+SEE, it gives him tank tech. When using a full team, he gives tech to everyone else and not SEE

🙄
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    JML is not useless in raids, he can do a little in the crancor.

Also his lead with ult is pretty good in phase 1 of tb when you need two jedi teams.

I managed to 4/4 every single Jedi CM just this past LSGTB without once using JML lead.

For P1:
    Mid: JKL-GMY-HY-GK-JKA
    Bot: JKR-GAS-JML-AT-Bastila

Padme-Clones for P1 SM let’s you save the good GR Jedi, making it easy to platoon Shaak Ti and use OB with Rebels.

Then slow JKL lead takes it home rest of the way through P4.
  • Options
    Decado wrote: »

This is not correct. He does seem to prioritize tank tech first, but he usually puts it on tanks before SEE. Most of my matches against SEE, he puts tank tech on Malak to open.
This discussion has been closed.