SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• I think the aggrieved feel that link is still clunky, his kit doesn’t synergize well with sith, and he is only useful in one area of the game. Basically the stuff that comprises this novel of a thread :smile:

As an aside I think the “buy this new toon to fix your GL” strategy is pretty lame
  • I think at this point it's hard to add much new to the conversation. It would have been helpful if CG had explained the reasoning behind his kit design but they haven't - and to be fair I don't think they ever have with other characters.

My guess is that from CG's perspective, SEE isn't supported by the equivalent of JKL or GAS because the team would be completely OP. His thing is to have some high health and protection characters around him to take the hits, while JML and co charge up his ultimate. He's basically unbeatable on offence, but compromised on defence. That's his strength. That's his weakness.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    There’s a Sith discord?

Are you worthy of this new knowledge?

gj6qubzi3wu7.jpeg

• Eweff
    400 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    There’s a Sith discord?

gj6qubzi3wu7.jpeg

Too bad your faction got a GL that requires non-sith to put him on par
  • Eweff wrote: »
    There’s a Sith discord?

gj6qubzi3wu7.jpeg

Rey's best arena lineup uses Jedi and JML's best arena lineup uses a separatist. SLKR is the only GL that can truly use his own faction exclusively. I'm not sure why this keeps being brought up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »
    There’s a Sith discord?

gj6qubzi3wu7.jpeg

Rey's best arena lineup uses Jedi and JML's best arena lineup uses a separatist. SLKR is the only GL that can truly use his own faction exclusively. I'm not sure why this keeps being brought up.

Straws are being grasped.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tone_Loc wrote: »
    I think the aggrieved feel that link is still clunky, his kit doesn’t synergize well with sith, and he is only useful in one area of the game. Basically the stuff that comprises this novel of a thread :smile:

As an aside I think the “buy this new toon to fix your GL” strategy is pretty lame

Which one game mode? Because even if you think that about arena, that means he is also useful in GAC and TW.

Also, no one has even argued hes not usable in TBs, just that other teams can do the same thing, so he is useful there too, it just doesn't fit the narrative to say that when talking about him being someone's first GL.
  • Palpatine and Vader ruled for over 20 years and the Jedi went from 10,000 strong to just a handful.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • SEE is fine in PvP but terrible in PvE. If you think SEE is bad in PvP then you just don't know how to use him properly.
  • Themy wrote: »
    SEE is fine in PvP but terrible in PvE. If you think SEE is bad in PvP then you just don't know how to use him properly.

On offense in PvP he's great. Defense is so/so, depending on what you're going up against. Rey, SLKR can easily beat him of course, Imperial Troopers is a breeze in GAC but no one dares use Imperial troopers in Arena. JML can beat him pretty easily and consistently if you mod your JML with lots of offense, and I mean lots of offense.

PvE is the biggest issue with SEE (that and how it's easier to beat him in PvP solo, which is just silly and a poorly designed game mechanic that really should be fixed).

If your only goal is Arena and PvP, SEE is a great pick, way better better than Rey and SLKR , but JML is just as good in PvP and provides a larger overall value. With the JML path, you unlock JKL in the process whos is like a GL-light. So you get 1.5 GLs for the price of one.

For a first GL on a newer account, I think I'd still recommend getting SLKR first. He's not going to give you quite as much use in Arena as SEE would, BUT he makes up for it with the amazing utility he has in all the PvE game modes. You're going to get a much bigger boost placing first in sith raid and cpit raid than you would with an extra 100 arena crystals a day.
  • Btw I don't understand how people are having trouble using SLKR in Arena these days. I place in top 3 almost every day now and am using SLKR about 70% of the time and SEE 30% of the time.

Initially, when not many people had SEE and Arena was flooded with JMLs, it was impossible to climb with SLKR.

But now that more and more people have SEE, SLKR'S PvP value is steadily returning. Couple his returning PvP viability with his amazing PvE abilities, and SLKR's overall value blows SEE out of the water.
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    Couple his returning PvP viability with his amazing PvE abilities, and SLKR's overall value blows SEE, JML and Rey out of the water.
    Fixed your post...which simply states what everyone already knows.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    Btw I don't understand how people are having trouble using SLKR in Arena these days. I place in top 3 almost every day now and am using SLKR about 70% of the time and SEE 30% of the time.

Initially, when not many people had SEE and Arena was flooded with JMLs, it was impossible to climb with SLKR.

But now that more and more people have SEE, SLKR'S PvP value is steadily returning. Couple his returning PvP viability with his amazing PvE abilities, and SLKR's overall value blows SEE out of the water.

Don’t forget that SLK is also the counter to those cancer Bastila lead-JML-Wat-Chewie squads.

Why did CG make SLK so good? Question I ask myself daily lol.

• Why did CG make SLK so good? Question I ask myself daily lol.

Fear. Adam Driver is probably the most skilled in hand to hand combat of all the Star Wars cast.

Gina Barano would lay him down without a sweat, but the strongest character had to come from a movie.

• MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I just unlocked SEE and personally finding him about twice the fun of slkr and I don't even have his ultimate yet. He may be bad on defense, I don't care. But my God does he completely wreck face on all these Jedi scum in arena. And for the people saying he doesnt do much for the sith as leader..... you clearly don't understand how mastery works. He's doing more than you think he's doing. He's basically a slkr siphon for your entire Sith team on a smaller scale.
  • I just unlocked SEE and personally finding him about twice the fun of slkr and I don't even have his ultimate yet. He may be bad on defense, I don't care. But my God does he completely wreck face on all these Jedi scum in arena. And for the people saying he doesnt do much for the sith as leader..... you clearly don't understand how mastery works. He's doing more than you think he's doing. He's basically a slkr siphon for your entire Sith team on a smaller scale.

Ah yes, the guy who JUST unlocked him knows better than the people who have had him for months and have been testing him in every facet of the game.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Why did CG make SLK so good? Question I ask myself daily lol.

Fear. Adam Driver is probably the most skilled in hand to hand combat of all the Star Wars cast.

Gina Barano would lay him down without a sweat, but the strongest character had to come from a movie.

Funny speculation, but I'm guessing it's because Kylo sells a lot more action figures and T-shirts than wrinkly old corpse SEE does.

My neighbors aren't even big star wars fans but they put up a big kylo ren decoration foe halloween every year, lol.
  • Sithlords_Inc
    384 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I just unlocked SEE and personally finding him about twice the fun of slkr and I don't even have his ultimate yet. He may be bad on defense, I don't care. But my God does he completely wreck face on all these Jedi scum in arena. And for the people saying he doesnt do much for the sith as leader..... you clearly don't understand how mastery works. He's doing more than you think he's doing. He's basically a slkr siphon for your entire Sith team on a smaller scale.

Non-ult SEE more fun than SLKR? If you think throwing 40k crits throughout the entire game is fun youll probably love R7 CUP.

If you actually did the math youd realize how crappy the stacking mastery from his lead is. A R7 tank will get 5000 protection from the 50% mastery in his leadership, and an additional 550 every time an enemy uses an ability, which will increase with 5% of that and so forth. With that in mind it will take 20 abilities to reach 20K protection, which is pretty much nothing, especially considering your tanks are either dead or beaten up badly after 20 abilities unless you fight a MM team. A flat 20% protection at the start of the game would have been infinitely more usefull. R7 attackers like Marauder and Revan gets 550 offense from the 50% Mastery, and 87 offense every time an enemy uses an ability stacking by 5 %. After 12 abilities you get 2000 extra offense wich is still less than a flat 30% offense boost. Thats not considering the fact that most Sith Attackers like Darth Revan, Marauder (and even SEE) have really crappy dmg multipliers and need huge amounts of offense to gain any noticeable dmg.
    The reason mastery increase is soo strong on SLKR is because 1. He gains offense AND CD from it, meaning its a double dmg increase and 2. He gains several 100s of percent every time. The only reason its remotely impactfull for SEE is because he gains twice as much as the rest of the team and later doubles it with his ult, but also because hes the only attacker who will survive long enough to actually reach meaningfull amounts.
    Post edited by Sithlords_Inc on
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited February 2021

Non-ult SEE more fun than SLKR? If you think throwing 40k crits throughout the entire game is fun youll probably love R7 CUP.

If you actually did the math youd realize how crappy the stacking mastery from his lead is. A R7 tank will get 5000 protection from the 50% mastery in his leadership, and an additional 550 every time an enemy uses an ability, which will increase with 5% of that and so forth. With that in mind it will take 20 abilities to reach 20K protection, which is pretty much nothing, especially considering your tanks are either dead or beaten up badly after 20 abilities unless you fight a MM team. A flat 20% protection at the start of the game would have been infinitely more usefull. R7 attackers like Marauder and Revan gets 550 offense from the 50% Mastery, and 87 offense every time an enemy uses an ability stacking by 5 %. After 12 abilities you get 2000 extra offense wich is still less than a flat 30% offense boost. Thats not considering the fact that most Sith Attackers like Darth Revan, Marauder (and even SEE) have really crappy dmg multipliers and need huge amounts of offense to gain any noticeable dmg.
    The reason mastery increase is soo strong on SLKR is because 1. He gains offense AND CD from it, meaning its a double dmg increase and 2. He gains several 100s of percent every time. The only reason its remotely impactfull for SEE is because he gains twice as much as the rest of the team and later doubles it with his ult, but also because hes the only attacker who will survive long enough to actually reach meaningfull amounts.

Wow! Congrats on that long write up that I didn't read half of. And jfyi, damage numbers and values doesn't equal fun to some people but I'm well aware of exactly how mastery works so thanks.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    GraveTroll wrote: »

Ah yes, the guy who JUST unlocked him knows better than the people who have had him for months and have been testing him in every facet of the game.

Where did I mention anywhere in my statement that I said I knew more than everyone else? That's right.....I didn't but go ahead and keep pretending that I did. #forumlovex4
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member

Where did I mention anywhere in my statement that I said I knew more than everyone else? That's right.....I didn't but go ahead and keep pretending that I did. #forumlovex4

Here is your quote:

“And for the people saying he doesnt do much for the sith as leader..... you clearly don't understand how mastery works. He's doing more than you think he's doing. He's basically a slkr siphon for your entire Sith team on a smaller scale.”

While you did not say you know more than everyone else, you did use fairly condescending language implying that others don’t understand mastery. Then when a post was issued about mastery, you simply dismiss it without reading it. Not surprised that you’ve found little “love” here, if this is how you engage in discussion.
  • Konju wrote: »

Here is your quote:

“And for the people saying he doesnt do much for the sith as leader..... you clearly don't understand how mastery works. He's doing more than you think he's doing. He's basically a slkr siphon for your entire Sith team on a smaller scale.”

While you did not say you know more than everyone else, you did use fairly condescending language implying that others don’t understand mastery. Then when a post was issued about mastery, you simply dismiss it without reading it. Not surprised that you’ve found little “love” here, if this is how you engage in discussion.

It's called reading comprehension. Let's try this again shall we? AND FOR THE PEOPLE saying he doesnt do much as a sith leader..... so...... if you aren't one of those people than this clearly isn't for you now is it? It's not that difficult it really isn't.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    The fact you responded as such only lends credence to my point. You do not see your condescending tone. Now people don’t know how to read. Feel free to escalate further.
  • Konju wrote: »
    The fact you responded as such only lends credence to my point. You do not see your condescending tone. Now people don’t know how to read. Feel free to escalate further.

No thanks I'll pass as bickering on this forum gets both parties absolutely nowhere. Wasnt trying to argue here, just saying he does more than people think he does for sith. Just the +40 speed, +60% potency goes miles for Sith not even including the mastery. That's all I have to add and hopefully you have a great day. )
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

No thanks I'll pass as bickering on this forum gets both parties absolutely nowhere. Wasnt trying to argue here, just saying he does more than people think he does for sith. Just the +40 speed, +60% potency goes miles for Sith not even including the mastery. That's all I have to add and hopefully you have a great day. )

I hope you have a great day as well.
  • I just unlocked SEE and personally finding him about twice the fun of slkr and I don't even have his ultimate yet. He may be bad on defense, I don't care. But my God does he completely wreck face on all these Jedi scum in arena. And for the people saying he doesnt do much for the sith as leader..... you clearly don't understand how mastery works. He's doing more than you think he's doing. He's basically a slkr siphon for your entire Sith team on a smaller scale.

Wow! Congrats on that long write up that I didn't read half of. And jfyi, damage numbers and values doesn't equal fun to some people but I'm well aware of exactly how mastery works so thanks.

Do you know how numbers work? Because damage numbers and values determines how much SEEs leadership does, which you seem to claim does a lot.

While no one can tell you how to have fun, I do still find it odd that a person would find it more fun to use one meaningfull ability and spend the rest of the game doing nothing rather than actively impacting the game with dmg, cc and/or support. Each one to their own I suppose.
  • Good to see that devastating attacker SEE has viability in the current GC

6szvud6yryi6.gif
  • Lets see Kylo in that scenario
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Lets see Kylo in that scenario

I tried to get Kylo in the same scenario (1v1 vs. Traya) but, even using only basics, I kill her before my team is dead.

10os4mnylxhp.gif
This discussion has been closed.