SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    MikKro wrote: »
    Double tank, doesn't show mods and i don't have SEE yet to test it out but worth a shot
    https://youtu.be/uqgGQlPFxqc

I think I tried that to no avail. Worth another shot I guess. No chance winning if you get to the ultimate
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    Double tank, doesn't show mods and i don't have SEE yet to test it out but worth a shot

I think I tried that to no avail. Worth another shot I guess. No chance winning if you get to the ultimate

I seen a vedio before that SEE+GAS+Fives+Vader+Wat can defeat SLKR,link SLKR and no mask first and kill Hux first,but i don't know if it can still work now.
  • VaderJoker wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I seen a vedio before that SEE+GAS+Fives+Vader+Wat can defeat SLKR,link SLKR and no mask first and kill Hux first,but i don't know if it can still work now.

Weird that you need 3 non-sith to do it though... Not working well with his leadership synergy? Is his leadership bad? Or is it something about GAS/Fives/Wat that are just really good vs. SLKR? I haven't heard of that team yet but i wanna give it a shot when i can. Now only if I can get into the top 20 of my shard where all the slkrs are.
  • SLKR won’t use any AoEs (Siphon or Ult) while an enemy Fives is alive. Which helps him beat GAS, but makes him insanely predictable.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    This video is total RNG luck of SLKR death-stabbing SEE since there's no pretaunt tank (among some other things, but this is the main point). One of the major disadvantages of SEE vs SLKR, beyond SLKR's immense power even compared to ultimate SEE, is that SLKR quickly turns the battle into 4v5. This is a primary contribution of JML to the jedi squad, and something that SEE only provides to a Sith squad if there's no pretaunt and you get really lucky with SLKR's initial deathstab.

SEE has two options: bring a pretaunt tank who's then disabled, or overcome a speed advantage to outspeed SLKR and put taunt up on tanks--then SLKR takes out one of the tanks and dispels all the retribution buffs.

This is how every double tank kylo fight goes. Pay special attention to the amazing hit for 8812 on FOST after SEE’s ultimate. That is just too little damage under any circumstances for a GL to dish out. https://youtu.be/uBMndOsoWdo
    This is pretty decent. There are brute-force approaches vs SLKR, but SLKR just cuts them down. Weakening SLKR and ABing him to prevent higher stat siphoning so that SEE's ultimate would have a chance was a cool idea. TBH, just getting to ultimate is a feat. Too bad that SLKR even without ultimate hits harder than SEE, and SLKR with ultimate is invulnerable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LordDunbar wrote: »
    VaderJoker wrote: »

Weird that you need 3 non-sith to do it though... Not working well with his leadership synergy? Is his leadership bad? Or is it something about GAS/Fives/Wat that are just really good vs. SLKR? I haven't heard of that team yet but i wanna give it a shot when i can. Now only if I can get into the top 20 of my shard where all the slkrs are.
    SLKR is hard-coded to attack 5s with single-target attacks (no AOE special or ultimate) while GAS is kneeling. This is why there are a lot of cheesy GAS lead Rey squads. And yeah, SEE's leadership synergy is pretty bad so losing it isn't so terrible.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of23VIsNu8s

Since the devs are so silent on SEE and his place in this meta this video sheds a little more light I feel on the reason behind his creation.
    Just a little more backstory for those that need this insight on why he’s weaker in most cases and strong in some.
  • SEE definitly needs a buff
    krqk9qmdlfi8.png

Approved by the dark side
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Xagen wrote: »
    Well I guess we know where a lot of the misinformation is coming from.
  • dgree wrote: »

I refuse to watch but I'm assuming he ranks SLK as the best and SEE as the worst?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    dgree wrote: »

I refuse to watch but I'm assuming he ranks SLK as the best and SEE as the worst?

He has See as 3rd and JML as 4th. Just by the fact that JML easily beats the best in arena/etc. invalidates that claim.

Yes SLKR is first but he had SEE as third and the community put SEE as second. I think it’s a slightly skewed rating because SEE makes up a lot of ground on other GLs through PVE content which is an area of the game he’s not really needed. DS GeoTB is something people have been able to get 4/4 on in Phase 4 before he was released while LS GeoTB is still a much harder event. Also, I don’t feel like he really adds anything to challenge tiers of the assault battle.

All that said, I don’t feel like these ratings are far off.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    As an all around figure I can see SEE climbing because of his prerequisites. Much easier then the other 3 GLs
    Luke would be last only because of those.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    As an all around figure I can see SEE climbing because of his prerequisites. Much easier then the other 3 GLs

Meh, you have to take SID to R7. That makes SEE's requirements awfully hard to swallow compared to JML. His prerequisites are tough but every single one of those legendaries that make them tough are some of the best in the game.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    My G11 Triumvirate outperformed Ahnald's SEE in p4 TB. People are being regularly misinformed by clickbait sensationalist titles.

SEE's requirements were not low. SLKR's are easier, require no recent marquees, and SLKR uses his own squad. And SEE pretty much just drains JML's prot. Sith are still horrendous on defense (basically a counter squad that can beat JML, has a rough time against Rey, and can only beat SLKR with difficulty if SEE is removed) and SEE doesn't help that.

In other words, SEE barely does anything except prey upon a weakness in JML's squad, when JML wasn't even a part of the meta before SEE. It's bizarre. Imagine if SLKR had a slight edge against Rey, but otherwise basically got run over by everything and they left him in a state where GAS could could underman him.

Oh, we can imagine: people were furious, right? But because SLKR is the most popular GL, Rey owners are already mad about DS getting buffed with SLKR, and a lot of the well-off GL owners went for JML, people want SEE to be weak--and are somehow are under the impression that SEE is way stronger than he is. This is why if you see a post on reddit mentioning SEE's issues, or heaven forbid complaining about SEE's value, it gets downvoted into oblivion.
    My G11 Triumvirate outperformed Ahnald's SEE in p4 TB. People are being regularly misinformed by clickbait sensationalist titles.

SEE's requirements were not low. SLKR's are easier, require no recent marquees, and SLKR uses his own squad. And SEE pretty much just drains JML's prot. Sith are still horrendous on defense (basically a counter squad that can beat JML, has a rough time against Rey, and can only beat SLKR with difficulty if SEE is removed) and SEE doesn't help that.

I think the Finalizer req is a bit harder than GLEE's ship req though. Maybe that finalizer mission is easier with g12+ Hux and relic FO but I don't have those and regularly struggle with that mission. I've tried various strategies but it always seems an RNG fest. Meanwhile I auto the Raddus event. I also don't get why our opponent is GK. I expected Raddus to be Finalizer's opponent and vice versa.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    If you have SLKR's requirements, Finalizer mission should be a cakewalk. I agree it's tough otherwise.. i did it with g11/g12 ships and silencer is the only FO ship.

I assume the point of the event is to showcase the ability of a FO fleet to use its advantages to take down Negotiator.
  • ... a Negotiator with level one abilities.

I wouldn’t discount SEE being useful in DSTB so quickly. Taking bad Sith and getting 4/4 lets the better Sith run on their own, or gives you much more options as to use platoons.

Is it a fantastic use for a GL? Probably not, but it’s not a negligible affect. Combined with the general cost being lower it boosts his relative value, even if it’s less in the endgame compared to other GLs.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    ... a Negotiator with level one abilities.

I wouldn’t discount SEE being useful in DSTB so quickly. Taking bad Sith and getting 4/4 lets the better Sith run on their own, or gives you much more options as to use platoons.

Is it a fantastic use for a GL? Probably not, but it’s not a negligible affect. Combined with the general cost being lower it boosts his relative value, even if it’s less in the endgame compared to other GLs.

I got 4/4 in all 4 battles without SEE... adding him in doesn't change anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Shiryu wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    ... a Negotiator with level one abilities.

I got 4/4 in all 4 battles without SEE... adding him in doesn't change anything.

Do all of your guild go 4/4 in all 4 battles?

They do make a good point that, you now have an option to platoon some key toons to platoons and allow those without SEE to improve their record, while you stay at 4/4 /4.

Again, not the entire point of a GL, but it is in the + column
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I actually agree with Ahnald

Rey is the best GL overall with SLKR coming in a close second

SLKR is the first GL people should chase because of Sith Raid, otherwise Rey is the winner

SEE is the least appealing and a GL that you can ignore and miss out on
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Meh, you have to take SID to R7. That makes SEE's requirements awfully hard to swallow compared to JML. His prerequisites are tough but every single one of those legendaries that make them tough are some of the best in the game.

You tend to be "meh" about the easiest GL to obtain by req's. So far, each GL offers different strengths and weaknesses. I would concede that SEE is possibly the least strongest of the 4 currently, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way as people use him, nor should he get/deserve a buff. Like it or not, JML has the steepest req's of all GL's, and I would say he isn't as good as Rey.

*EDIT: for spelling
  • Starl0rd wrote: »

You tend to be "meh" about anything that SEE has as advantageous, and pretty harsh when it's not.... just an observation.

SEE is the easiest GL to obtain by far (I have 3, working on SEE now). Outside of using him, I have quite a few in my arena shard and he isn't a pushover, but absolutely beatable....like all the other GL's...

Wait you have the other 3 already, yet SEE is the easiest to obtain. You are tooooo much. Not a push-over.. you have SLKR, I assume you just auto that battle. Thats what pushover means.
  • So I used to destroy JML with SEE in arena, maybe lose one unit. I just lost four matches in a row and none were close. What happened behind the scenes?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So I used to destroy JML with SEE in arena, maybe lose one unit. I just lost four matches in a row and none were close. What happened behind the scenes?
    nothing

your opponent's must've changed or used better mods, probably
  • Starl0rd wrote: »

You tend to be "meh" about the easiest GL to obtain by req's. So far, each GL offers different strengths and weaknesses. I would concede that SEE is possibly the least strongest of the 4 currently, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way as people use him, nor should he get/deserve a buff. Like it or not, JML has the steepest req's of all GL's, and I would say he isn't as good as Rey.

Rey and Kylo have only marginaly higher reqs than SEE, and as for JML (as has been stated several times before) most veteran players already had most of his reqs before he was even confirmed. I personally have several friends who went for JML instead of SEE because he was easier. Most of his reqs were also fantastic characters on their own, and many of them were already required for JKL, whos an achievement on his own, so complaining about gearing and farming great characters as opposed to Sidious or Krennic seems rather silly.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    So I used to destroy JML with SEE in arena, maybe lose one unit. I just lost four matches in a row and none were close. What happened behind the scenes?

I am seeing similar. Something changed for sure, this is not RNG.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    nothing

your opponent's must've changed or used better mods, probably

Eh, game hasn’t been good mentally for me lately. Just going to go back to not spending so I don’t drive my self crazy anymore. This is just the push I needed.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Starl0rd wrote: »

Rey and Kylo have only marginaly higher reqs than SEE, and as for JML (as has been stated several times before) most veteran players already had most of his reqs before he was even confirmed. I personally have several friends who went for JML instead of SEE because he was easier. Most of his reqs were also fantastic characters on their own, and many of them were already required for JKL, whos an achievement on his own, so complaining about gearing and farming great characters as opposed to Sidious or Krennic seems rather silly.

I was much closer to JML's requirements than SEE's but I had Rey and I thought one dark side and one light side would be the best way to go. I felt my decision was a good one because I took CG at their word that they would make GL's equal power. That is just not the case, it's not that far off but something needs to be done.
This discussion has been closed.