SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Here is the JML counter team to SEE everyone is talking about.

https://youtu.be/ix9uPYhzbUU
  • I agree that see shouldn't be soloed and that should be fixed, as I said, maybe a tweak.

but such vids like jml beating see doesnt mean much, there are vids see beating kylo as well.

every gl can neat the other with the right circumstances.

I read here some stuff which are overexaggerated, to some extend because there was a vid somewhere (for example padme beating see, try it against a proper modded ultimate see team)
  • mikk207 wrote: »
    I agree that see shouldn't be soloed and that should be fixed, as I said, maybe a tweak.

but such vids like jml beating see doesnt mean much, there are vids see beating kylo as well.

I read here some stuff which are overexaggerated, to some extend because there was a vid somewhere (for example padme beating see, try it against a proper modded ultimate see team)

Please post any video where SEE reliably counters double-tank SLKR.
  • Xagen wrote: »
    mikk207 wrote: »
    I agree that see shouldn't be soloed and that should be fixed, as I said, maybe a tweak.

Please post any video where SEE reliably counters double-tank SLKR.

it was a 10 second search

https://youtu.be/uqgGQlPFxqc

That win is not reliable. Kylo targeted SEE at the start so nobody got stunned. If he targets anyone else the battle becomes much more difficult.
  • SiStibbs wrote: »

That win is not reliable. Kylo targeted SEE at the start so nobody got stunned. If he targets anyone else the battle becomes much more difficult.

Yep that battle was nothing but perfect RNG. Wonder how many times he recorded it before it worked?
  • Yeah, Palp stunning all 4 and landing all the Shocks... not exactly something to count on.
  • yes, if Sith Trooper or Hux are not stunned, battle will be lost, reliable counter means the system like GAS +5s + smb have against SLKR, other 3 Gls counters each other without inventing a wheel. Reliable counter means that you definitely know who should be used and how that brings you victory with a high chance.
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Xagen wrote: »
    yes, if Sith Trooper or Hux are not stunned, battle will be lost, reliable counter means the system like GAS +5s + smb have against SLKR, other 3 Gls counters each other without inventing a wheel. Reliable counter means that you definitely know who should be used and how that brings you victory with a high chance.

this is what I mean, lots of people throw in a video and stating : oh look how bad see is if even padme can beat him.
    this is exactely the same.

fyi, there are other vids from see beating kylo
    https://youtu.be/Y04ID68S_1w

but I guess the opponents have bad mods or super lucky battles or whatever 🙄

again, kylo is a direct counter to see, there are enough people struggling with kylo against jml, so...
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Since Kyno wanted Video footage of teams beating SEE, I've searched for a few of them, as far as I can tell every SEE in the Videos has Ult and maxed out abilities and isn't badly modded.

First Video is a compilation:
    https://youtu.be/58EeWYH5IHc

Here is two videos of geonosians beating SEE, also with Ult and maxed out and as far as I can tell decent enough mods:
    https://youtu.be/WP9LRKXv7AA

https://youtu.be/-5OxFvXX7Vw

If you want to check the particular videos of the compilation, you can see in the bottom right corner of the video the name of the YouTube Channel that posted them.

Hope this helps!

and the same guy showed a video of his geos destroying a rey team, maybe I can find some footage of geos beating gml and slkr.

people make see worse than he is.
    maybe he needs a tweak, but nothing too strong

So why are the other GLs all over high end arena and SEE is largely absent? I still haven't seen one in my shard yet. 2 of my guild mates got him and took him to r7. They have now switched back to using Rey. Some investment.

Check out the meta report. The data for SEE is really poor.

because arena is flooded with slkr and he is the direct counter ;)

wait till more jml pop up and see see rising

JML can be beaten by Kylo and Rey on offense. No need for SEE as is.

so no need for jml as well. I saw vids from see beating kylo, rey and jml, so there is that.

see makes it a lot easier to beat jml and compensates lesser mods

I’ve not seen many SEE battles beating SLKR, not saying they don’t exist, just not familiar.

I agree, skip JML and SEE. SLKR is really all you need. Best GL by far IMO.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    yes, if Sith Trooper or Hux are not stunned, battle will be lost, reliable counter means the system like GAS +5s + smb have against SLKR, other 3 Gls counters each other without inventing a wheel. Reliable counter means that you definitely know who should be used and how that brings you victory with a high chance.

this is what I mean, lots of people throw in a video and stating : oh look how bad see is if even padme can beat him.

again, kylo is a direct counter to see, there are enough people struggling with kylo against jml, so...

Thanks for posting some.

fyi, there are other vids from see beating kylo\

but I guess the opponents have bad mods or super lucky battles or whatever 🙄.
    No, it's not exactly the same. There are significant differences and the people who have been discussing these battles and mechanics know the differences and why these actually are lucky battles. Mods have little to do with it for the most part because SEE is so weak that mods can't help him.

I would strongly suggest reading back through the thread before jumping to conclusions and thinking you know as much as everyone else. After you catch up to speed, maybe then come in with a more informed opinion.

FWIW, if there was a way for SEE to beat SLKR the way SLKR can beat JML, there would be far fewer complaints. If SEE even supported Sith as much as SLKR supports Sith--not to mention how well SLKR works with FO--there would be far fewer complaints. But because SEE is totally imbalanced, here we are.

That's just vader doing all the work... SEE did almost nothing there. Sure the retribution helps... but SEE, the supposed attacker, did jack squat
  • Assassin9818
    349 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't mind if G13 Sith Triumvirate plus say SET (for def) and Assassin (for off) would have been the best team for Sheev after all the other requirements. I was actually hoping for that. That would mean I could gear more Sith for a good reason. But now my Sheev does the same for me with them at G12. In arena I use Kylo because he is way better on off and def. For TB I can just get 4/4 with G12 Sith. In TW/GAC he is horrible for banner efficiency. And most of all he is not fun to play with at all imo.
    Post edited by Assassin9818 on
  • i dont understand why people keep trying to beat SLKR with SEE. It is like trying to beat Jawas with Geos.
    Just use another team and keep SEE for what he is good at
  • i dont understand why people keep trying to beat SLKR with SEE. It is like trying to beat Jawas with Geos.

Players use another teams GL and non-Gl to beat SLKR, that's the point--other 3 Gls beat each other SUCCESSFULLY, but the question is that having troubles now vs Dark Side Gl, SEE will 100% have troubles against any new Dark Side Gl and even Legendary Toon in future due to his light side limitations, unbalanced kit etc,
    Just it will be good to find out why SEEs' owners were punished by DEvs in such a way. If other 3 Gls counter each other and perform better within the whole game, it means that SEE is non-GL toon and his pre-requisites are inflated. SEE can be a good legendary toon with lower pre-requisites but if CG make his pre-requisites 15 toons + triumvirate or SE, that means people MUST receive GL of the same power level
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    i dont understand why people keep trying to beat SLKR with SEE. It is like trying to beat Jawas with Geos.

A few people just really like the challenge. Most of the people making these videos are just trying to see how well SEE can do and push his limits. They may also be Sith fans (or Empire fans, since SEE required so many Empire guys even though they're also much better under SLKR) who want to use SEE. If they have a brand new Sith GL, they want to actually be able to use him against what for most people is the predominant squad in arena.

Unfortunately SEE's power in general is below DR, and the people who use SLKR can also just use SLKR for battles against JML. You can ask the people using SEE vs SLKR somewhat effectively and they'll tell you it's substantially worse than the various non-GL counters.

So people with SLKR have to keep using SLKR, for example. And if SEE is their first GL and they weren't expecting CG to make him disproportionately weak--well, they're just screwed.

A lot of it seems to be driven by an effort to get the most value out of a GL with astonishingly low value. One of the most disappointing things about SEE being so weak is that he's a GL rather than a JKL-type legendary. He has to be used in the leader slot despite being a subpar leader, he can't be used with a GL, and since he basically needs the entire Sith faction to be highly reliced, most hope of him being used as a requirement for an actually good GL is stripped away. In contrast, people who got JKL may have wanted a stronger Luke, but despite being quite strong and fear/stun immune he's not a GL, and could be used with JML. And JML does a lot for Jedi against other GLs in general, even if there are issues I'm not happy with regarding putting him in the leadership slot (partially due to how strong JKR lead is).

If SEE was released as a high-cost legendary instead, and just had MM's stealth and a long-cooldown AOE attack and no mastery mechanics, he'd meet expectations far better. People wouldn't expect a GL, and CG could accurately portray him as someone who is generally lackluster but has strengths vs Jedi. But then he'd be able to be used in the same squad as SLKR, who is a pretty strong leader of sith squads and would probably be too strong. In other words, SEE has to pay the price of SLKR being too strong, of CG wanting the main counter to JML being bad on defense, and of CG being so afraid of the Sith faction that they feel forced to abandon Sith fans to this immense disappointment at a time when they should be excited to have a new GL.
  • (To be clear: I'm not saying CG intended this, and intentionally misrepresented SEE's power at multiple points. We don't know yet whether CG did that, or the more likely scenario that they were so focused on balancing SEE by filling his kit and mechanics with weaknesses that they overestimated his strengths. Sadly, CG not saying whether this is intentional or not yet is not exactly great "optics").
  • Anyway, since people will inevitably see SEE's one gimmicky AOE attack on jedi and go "OMG he deletes multiple people at once he's too strong already!" I leave you with this: c5twrs159nl7.png
  • It will be good just to hear any response from CG, all in all almost two months left behind, there is nothing, it looks like we more likely receive an announcement regarding a new GL's release than any response related SEE's update, improvement etc. Do you find it appropriate, CG, absolutely no, just no at all
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Not taking into account JML farming, I can say due to swgoh.gg that older GL SKLR (the cheapest and the best GL among all others )has been farmed much better than SEE for the past two months. CG, if it was your intentions, that definitely is not a good way to promote newer and more expensive product like SEE.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    j08wsr0h6tkn.png
    veecretbhp2u.png
    Funny, but this difference speaks for the fact that JML is not a problem at all for old GLS, even for SLKR, just to start panic farming SEE. Come on, CG please provide any adequate update regarding this disastrous situation regarding SEE, whom people farm less in comparison with other 3 GLS and whom used even worse than farmed.
    We all see that if this toon was of the same power level as old GLs, he would be FAR more popular than he is now

• dgree wrote: »
    Anyway, since people will inevitably see SEE's one gimmicky AOE attack on jedi and go "OMG he deletes multiple people at once he's too strong already!" I leave you with this: c5twrs159nl7.png

Yeah, I don't understand the people that are like "ooooooo BuT SEE hAs an InstaKiLL tHat KiLLs 2 enemieS at OncE, hEs a DevAstAtInG AtTackEr!!!"

Like bruhs. Do you even play the game? Rey and SLKR's every turn is an instakill to all but the tankiest of heros.

Rey's overall damage output is WAY higher than SEE, who's only gimmick is his AoE instakill that takes forever to use and can only be used once.

Rey gets 3 or 4 instakill per match, SEE gets 2. They should have billed Rey as the devstating attacker, and billed SEE as the wet noodle.

• Hey, CG what's the hell is this ? quyfutzyk2yx.png
  • Where is his damage, or he should be ONLY vs Light Side toons, that means he is unworkable and useless against Dark Side toons that is half of roster of all toons in the game.
  • Xagen wrote: »
    Hey, CG what's the hell is this ? quyfutzyk2yx.png

It's the power of the most powerful force user that ever existed, all the sith, hitting a bug that saw 30 seconds of screentime in episode 2 for less damage than most relic heros in the game put out. Devstating attacker indeed. 😂
  • dgree wrote: »

No, it's not exactly the same. There are significant differences and the people who have been discussing these battles and mechanics know the differences and why these actually are lucky battles. Mods have little to do with it for the most part because SEE is so weak that mods can't help him.

I would strongly suggest reading back through the thread before jumping to conclusions and thinking you know as much as everyone else. After you catch up to speed, maybe then come in with a more informed opinion.

FWIW, if there was a way for SEE to beat SLKR the way SLKR can beat JML, there would be far fewer complaints. If SEE even supported Sith as much as SLKR supports Sith--not to mention how well SLKR works with FO--there would be far fewer complaints. But because SEE is totally imbalanced, here we are.

I am drawing conclusions because I did a couple of battles against the so called bad see and guess what, see wasn't as bad as people are whining about.

there are dozens of videos showing see with different squad constellations beating kylo, even if he is a hard counter to see.
    you should do your homework yourself before talking, omg.

btw, luke in the jericho squad is modded differently than the usual protection based modding, so not ideal against different squads in gac/tw.
    dgree wrote: »

I am drawing conclusions because I did a couple of battles against the so called bad see and guess what, see wasn't as bad as people are whining about.

there are dozens of videos showing see with different squad constellations beating kylo, even if he is a hard counter to see.

btw, luke in the jericho squad is modded differently than the usual protection based modding, so not ideal against different squads in gac/tw.

Look, we have more 60 pages with facts from multiple SEE's OWNERS that he is weak, apart from that forum in all discord channels and on reddit most SEE's owners speak up that smth really wrong with this toon, it will be good to see how you are beating with SEE different teams like JML under Bastila +WAT, against REY, double-tank SKLR etc.
    dgree wrote: »

Again, I'd strongly suggest reading back on the thread. You seem to think that you found videos or counters that we haven't already discussed, but that's incorrect.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties battling SEE with Rey.
This discussion has been closed.