SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• dgree wrote: »
    @Tattz how old is your account, what rank do you start from, and how many SLKR squads do you have to climb through?

It's weird that you don't see any problem with him. Maybe you have a better tactic and can show us since people have been struggling to make him work against non-jedi for over a month.

He's been at rank 1 every single day in the last 2 weeks (except one day where he fell to 6th), mostly with SLKR, and 3 times with SEE.

To get rank 1 every day means either his shard is completely inactive, or has a shard chat with fixed payout times like mine where people are not allowed to attack you within 3 hours of your payout.

Either way, it's not a good indication of how well SEE holds on defense.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    Tattz wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »
    Good news guys, I finally found an SEE on defense--still haven't seen one on my main account, but I found not just one but two on my 3-year-old alt account. These SEE whales are about to be a lower rank than my r4 CLS though.0k15k4ktccch.png

I’ve ranked 1 with SEE 3 out of the last 4 days dropped to rank 4 today in 6 hours can’t see a problem with him mlfd8b5cq0c5.png

You forgot to include in your message that you also use SLKR most of these days in Arena

https://swgoh.gg/p/592674532/

no it doesnt' seem to be that way. his message is exactly what you see on his profile for the last few days. maybe he just unlocked SEE, or got him to arena level. they did use SLKR before that point, yes.
    Tattz how old is your account, what rank do you start from, and how many SLKR squads do you have to climb through?

It's weird that you don't see any problem with him. Maybe you have a better tactic and can show us since people have been struggling to make him work against non-jedi for over a month.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I cashed out yesterday at #2 with r4/r5 Sith Empire so sometimes context is needed to understand stuff.

is the profile provided above is theirs, roughly 4yo shard.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Good news guys, I finally found an SEE on defense--still haven't seen one on my main account, but I found not just one but two on my 3-year-old alt account. These SEE whales are about to be a lower rank than my r4 CLS though.0k15k4ktccch.png

I’ve ranked 1 with SEE 3 out of the last 4 days dropped to rank 4 today in 6 hours can’t see a problem with him mlfd8b5cq0c5.png

You forgot to include in your message that you also use SLKR most of these days in Arena

There’s a lot of people that really want SEE to remain so weak. Why?
  • Kyno wrote: »

no it doesnt' seem to be that way. his message is exactly what you see on his profile for the last few days. maybe he just unlocked SEE, or got him to arena level. they did use SLKR before that point, yes.
    Tattz how old is your account, what rank do you start from, and how many SLKR squads do you have to climb through?

I don't mean to sound rude, but I cashed out yesterday at #2 with r4/r5 Sith Empire so sometimes context is needed to understand stuff.

I can rank 1 with SLKR and then just swap to SEE before payout to tag it as I made it with SEE as well.
  • Laz wrote: »

If you place 1st and have a GL, why would you want that too change?

• Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Laz wrote: »

Obvious, their SLKr and Rey will hold top arena another 6 months, they can continue farm f2p toons without bothering that new toons totally remove them from top arena
  • dgree wrote: »
    @Tattz how old is your account, what rank do you start from, and how many SLKR squads do you have to climb through?

Against non jedi (rey) I've had success with wat. just gotta get wep tech or tank tech on see.

against slkr... its basicly the vader team OR DR with SEE in there somewhere. lot more reliable counters then SEE.
  • Kyno wrote: »

It's really not enough information to tell, and is really not good proof to SEE being good OR bad.

The fact is, he has SLKR and has used SLKR for weeks to stay at rank 1 consistently. And only recently in last few days has popped SEE in there as his team, and has also held rank 1 with SEE.

We don't have any evidence that he isn't using SLKR to climb/hold and only putting SEE in briefly. The swgoh.gg arena statistics aren't live and only update every so often.

Being rank 1 every single day is an indication he is in a shard chat with rules about not getting attacked, because rank 1 every day is just too consistent, and it would be hard to believe there's no one else in his shard that can beat either his SLKR or SEE.

I will share you with you this slice of information

d4g6jz51b3km.jpg

There's also no evidence that the above also isn't what's going on with him.

There's just too many variables here for his evidence to be considered...

• LordDunbar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

It's really not enough information to tell, and is really not good proof to SEE being good OR bad.

The fact is, he has SLKR and has used SLKR for weeks to stay at rank 1 consistently. And only recently in last few days has popped SEE in there as his team, and has also held rank 1 with SEE.

We don't have any evidence that he isn't using SLKR to climb/hold and only putting SEE in briefly. The swgoh.gg arena statistics aren't live and only update every so often.

Being rank 1 every single day is an indication he is in a shard chat with rules about not getting attacked, because rank 1 every day is just too consistent, and it would be hard to believe there's no one else in his shard that can beat either his SLKR or SEE.

d4g6jz51b3km.jpg

Yep. Shard chats are very much a thing. And even with older shards sometimes there's a limited number of people in each time slot. Most people spread out their payouts to get 1st consistently. So dropping 1 place into a path most don't travel doesn't mean much to some shards.

My shard is super busy during the AM blocks and tons of shuffling goes on. Nothing holds unless your lucky and on a lower traffic path
  • Shiryu wrote: »

d4g6jz51b3km.jpg

Yep. Shard chats are very much a thing. And even with older shards sometimes there's a limited number of people in each time slot. Most people spread out their payouts to get 1st consistently. So dropping 1 place into a path most don't travel doesn't mean much to some shards.

My shard is super busy during the AM blocks and tons of shuffling goes on. Nothing holds unless your lucky and on a lower traffic path

I am very fortunate in mine that they are cool and helping me out. I'm getting 1st in Arena every day with my SEE but only because many of them won't attack me out of pity, and especially not near my payout time. I had SEE for about ~2 weeks before finally joining the chat and struggled to make it into the top 10 before that, and on the days where I made it there, I dropped back to like rank 30-40 within a few hours of making it into the top 10.

My people are even so cool because if there's a wall of SLKR or Reys preventing me from climbing back up, I can message a nearby JML owner on discord and have them swap into a spot I need.

I feel so blessed that I have such a mature and respectful shard, I can't imagine and feel sorry for people that have what's known as "shard mafias" (ive even heard of some shards making you pay them real money to be allowed into the top 10).

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Shiryu wrote: »

I can rank 1 with SLKR and then just swap to SEE before payout to tag it as I made it with SEE as well.

That's great......and completely irrelevant.
  • LordDunbar wrote: »

d4g6jz51b3km.jpg

I am very fortunate in mine that they are cool and helping me out. I'm getting 1st in Arena every day with my SEE but only because many of them won't attack me out of pity, and especially not near my payout time. I had SEE for about ~2 weeks before finally joining the chat and struggled to make it into the top 10 before that, and on the days where I made it there, I dropped back to like rank 30-40 within a few hours of making it into the top 10.

My people are even so cool because if there's a wall of SLKR or Reys preventing me from climbing back up, I can message a nearby JML owner on discord and have them swap into a spot I need.

I feel so blessed that I have such a mature and respectful shard, I can't imagine and feel sorry for people that have what's known as "shard mafias" (ive even heard of some shards making you pay them real money to be allowed into the top 10).

Yep. It's why shard chats are nice as long as everyone follows the rules. Some bad apples can ruin it however.

Also update. Left my SEE overnight.. currently sitting at 17 with 2 reys that decided to cherry pick me. Also.. its the rey jedi team. 12 hours until my payout. Wall of SLKRs behind me so ill probably be in the 30s soon.
    so much for SEE being good against jedi. To bad the DEVASTATING ATTACKER does less then reys whirlwinds
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

d4g6jz51b3km.jpg

All I said is that his profile 100% shows exactly what he saying, despite your addition trying to say it didn't. That is all.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member

Against non jedi (rey) I've had success with wat. just gotta get wep tech or tank tech on see.

against slkr... its basicly the vader team OR DR with SEE in there somewhere. lot more reliable counters then SEE.
    Right, this is kinda the question. Maybe he has a good counter he's using, because otherwise I don't get how climbing with SEE is "easy."

And I'm still curious also how far he drops.

Anyway, while I was tryhard climbing with DR today to get a feel of what life with SEE would be like for the next 7 months or longer, I noticed a lot of weird SLKR comps at the top (that also kinda prevent counters a lot of the time) with Sith but also even Seps.

So I realized that SLKR isn't just an amazing FO leader, and a pretty great "leader of Sith units but I have to state that he doesn't have a Sith tag", but is a pretty awesome DS leader in general (in addition to all his strengths on his own).

JML is a disputed leader but still supports a Jedi team a lot.

Rey is a pretty interesting LS leader who also provides a mix of support, and even invulnerability and healing.

SEE doesn't really do anything for Sith, let alone DS in general, just so that they can die while he hopes to reach ultimate, so that he can do one okayish gimmick AOE before going back to 30k crits.

I don't understand how this is supposed to make sense.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member

Right, this is kinda the question. Maybe he has a good counter he's using, because otherwise I don't get how climbing with SEE is "easy."

And I'm still curious also how far he drops.

Anyway, while I was tryhard climbing with DR today to get a feel of what life with SEE would be like for the next 7 months or longer, I noticed a lot of weird SLKR comps at the top (that also kinda prevent counters a lot of the time) with Sith but also even Seps.

So I realized that SLKR isn't just an amazing FO leader, and a pretty great "leader of Sith units but I have to state that he doesn't have a Sith tag", but is a pretty awesome DS leader in general (in addition to all his strengths on his own).

JML is a disputed leader but still supports a Jedi team a lot.

Rey is a pretty interesting LS leader who also provides a mix of support, and even invulnerability and healing.

SEE doesn't really do anything for Sith, let alone DS in general, just so that they can die while he hopes to reach ultimate, so that he can do one okayish gimmick AOE before going back to 30k crits.

I don't understand how this is supposed to make sense.
    Yes, the fact that SLKr + SE or other siths can counter JMl ( hard counter) not worse and even sometimes better than SEE makes non-sense in See’s release at all.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    I would never believe in the fact that SLKR +SE counters reliably JML and even better than SEE, if i didn’t see in our guild channel videos not from unknown and strange players but from my friends in guild whom I can definitely trust more,
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Hence I was a bit confused, for what purpose See was released ?!?!?!
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    FYI I unlocked SEE’s ultimate roughly a week ago and have 4 in my top 50 most have switched to JML now and yes I do climb with SLKR vs mirror but for JML and Rey squads I climb just as easily with SEE (if not easier) as I did with SLKR and I never change squads when I’m at rank 1 yes I’m in a shard chat but I am still at rank 4 almost 8 hours after my PO I really can’t understand the hate on him he does exactly what he needs to counter JML 🤷‍♂️
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    If See definitely doesn’t ’t lose any of his allies vs JML, 1 or 2 no more vs Rey, and could lose 4 allies vs Top double-tank Kylo but win definitely on offense with right strategy, that See could be of the same power level even within RPS theory. But he can’t that means that players were just deceived with new GL. And See is underworked, weak and feeble, who doesn’t cost resources that players invested into his farming
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    FYI I unlocked SEE’s ultimate roughly a week ago and have 4 in my top 50 most have switched to JML now and yes I do climb with SLKR vs mirror but for JML and Rey squads I climb just as easily with SEE (if not easier) as I did with SLKR and I never change squads when I’m at rank 1 yes I’m in a shard chat but I am still at rank 4 almost 8 hours after my PO I really can’t understand the hate on him he does exactly what he needs to counter JML 🤷‍♂️

Imagine players who didn’t have a Gl and went for See thinking that new toon, leader of Siths, would be powerful enough to beat other GLs reliably on offense as other 3 GLS can do Definitely. Can do, why JMl don’t have limitations against other classes, or Kylo or Rey, only See has very specific purpose while others don’t have
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    JMl is not so big issue for old GLs, as CG want to represent, and old GLs can definitely counter him without any SEEs, who was specifically designed to counter JMl, if old GL Can do, there is no point in spending your resources for See
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I’m not concerned over whether people have just SEE or if they have 2 or more GL’s I’m stating imo he WAI I see nothing in his kit that is contrary to that. If someone has opted to focus on SEE as their first GL and expects entitlement to beat everything that’s on them unfortunately

• Xagen
    407 posts Member
    I’m not concerned over whether people have just SEE or if they have 2 or more GL’s I’m stating imo he WAI I see nothing in his kit that is contrary to that. If someone has opted to focus on SEE as their first GL and expects entitlement to beat everything that’s on them unfortunately

Look through this thread and you will learn much about contradictions in his kit 😀. And compare numbers 3560 see vs 7800 Jml ) definitely there is some points that stop players from panic farming though he is cheaper that JMl ☝️
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    **** I’ve been pushed back to 8 now after nearly 9 hours at rank 4 but another SEE has gone rank 1 what is this witchcraft he doesn’t beat other GL’s 😂
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    v76qj9dky5qk.png

**** I’ve been pushed back to 8 now after nearly 9 hours at rank 4 but another SEE has gone rank 1 what is this witchcraft he doesn’t beat other GL’s 😂

Individual statistics could hardly represent the situation as a whole, I can take top 😀positions with Gas + 5s + Vader +Trawn and Wat I truly understand that means nothing ☝️
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    So if you can take top positions what’s the problem then 🤷‍♂️
  • Im in an old shard. Maybe three of us have SEE and we only use him for JML counters and use SLKR, Rey or JML for other fights. We always switch out SEE if we climb with him as everyone will target him while climbing as he is so easy to beat. People feast on him if you use him on defense.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    If they buffed him to immortality then what about the SLKR, Rey and JML owners 🤷‍♂️
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    So if you can take top positions what’s the problem then 🤷‍♂️

Problem, that CG announced that Jml and SeE will be OF THE SAME POWER Level, that’s a lie, old Gl and JMl don’t have such limitations that SEE has, other three GL performs much better that See on defense, on TW/GA, in Raids, on events. Quite enough facts to think that SEE is not of the same power level, moreover Sith looks better with SLKr, that seems strange at All
  • CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    520 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2020
    I checked in to get an update. Nothing major to report, but the devs are in the process of looking at data and analytics, and will likely be contrasting that info with the other GLs to see how things measure up.

So, not sure what'll happen, but they're taking a deeper dive based on player sentiment (meaning you're being heard).
This discussion has been closed.