SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    Eweff wrote: »

Because he is a GL that the devs specifically defined as a “devastating attacker”

Eh that doesn't mean anything. there's alot of toons in-game with an attacker role that don't have great damage output: Mission Vao, Count Dooku, Wicket, IG-88, Dengar, Kylo Ren, Farmboy, ROLO, Princess Leia, Greedo, Darth Maul (except vs Jedi), Sideous, Jyn Erso, Chirrut Imwe, IG-86, Wampa (give someone loads of DOTs and he can do it but he's not as strong as you'd expect), Savage Opress, Rose Tico, Sith Assassin.....i mean looking at the attacker category there's only a handful of toons that hit for big damage. at least one of them has had 2 reworks to get to that point, one has had one rework.

Plus he's an old puppet at this point. Of course he's weaker than SLK and Rey in attack power. They're both young and at the height of their strength. It's rather silly though that Rey's lvl 1 offense stats are over 1k less than SEE and SLK, though. but that's just a fun observation.

You want to compare a GL to 2-4 year old characters? And its not only the tag; the DI blantantly hyped up his awesome dmg that would wreck most teams and how he could solo entire squads after entering his ult.

Also, Wampa and Kylo can hit pretty dang hard, even without dots.
  • Options
    Eweff wrote: »

Because he is a GL that the devs specifically defined as a “devastating attacker”

Eh that doesn't mean anything. there's alot of toons in-game with an attacker role that don't have great damage output: Mission Vao, Count Dooku, Wicket, IG-88, Dengar, Kylo Ren, Farmboy, ROLO, Princess Leia, Greedo, Darth Maul (except vs Jedi), Sideous, Jyn Erso, Chirrut Imwe, IG-86, Wampa (give someone loads of DOTs and he can do it but he's not as strong as you'd expect), Savage Opress, Rose Tico, etc

None of which are GLs

Plus he's an old puppet at this point. Of course he's weaker than SLK and Rey in attack power.

So maybe not ideal GL material then..
  • Options
    And its not only the tag; the DI blantantly hyped up his awesome dmg that would wreck most teams and how he could solo entire squads after entering his ult.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236506/developer-insight-sith-eternal-emperor I can't find anything that says he can solo a squad. It says, "Sith Eternal Emperor, when in his Ultimate form (Restored), can almost take on an entire squad by himself."

I'll grant you that it does say "Sith Eternal Emperor is an Attacker that focuses on dealing tons of damage at the expense of whoever is in his way." however alot of that dmg is referenced later in the kit as draining protection, debuffs, and his ult capitalizing on those deceived and debuffed enemies.
  • Options
    I think we all agree SEE needs a buff. No one is asking for him to be as OP as SLK. And I am fine with the rock paper scissors system with GLs, but "rock" should still be able to beat "paper" if you have superior gear, strategy, and luck (RNG). Gas for example is a direct counter to DR, but even then sometimes DR can beat GAS if the gear level is a little bit superior and you play it right
  • Options
    Shiryu wrote: »
    Physical Strength /= Mental/Force Strength.

Or have you not played any rpg, mmo, video game, or dnd ever?

Frail old wizard dropping nukes of fire... or in this case lighting

Nope never ever ever played a video game before. That's why I'm in a forum for a video game. :joy::trollface:
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    I think we all agree SEE needs a buff. No one is asking for him to be as OP as SLK. And I am fine with the rock paper scissors system with GLs, but "rock" should still be able to beat "paper" if you have superior gear, strategy, and luck (RNG). Gas for example is a direct counter to DR, but even then sometimes DR can beat GAS if the gear level is a little bit superior and you play it right

This confuses me. He beats JML, he beats Rey. Why isn't that enough? Why does he have to beat SLKR too? Does this mean if he beats SLKR he no longer beats Rey? Or does he no longer beat JML? any rock-paper-scissors-esque meta limits how many of the other metas you can beat so why is it so imperative GLEE beats SLKR?
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Yeah, this Palp should be at his height as well, both in-game and out of game. Mastery of the Force strengthens with age, even if physical capabilities are weaker.

He was killed by his barely trained granddaughter. :trollface:

Technically he beat himself. Never understood why he didnt stop shooting lightning.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    So, Kyno keeps asking why no one uses SEE with 4 tanks. I did that today with my Ultimate SEE and he still sucks. 10 battles, 5 vs Rey and 5 vs SLKR.

Why does he need to transform and then just stand there and do nothing? Instead he should use his AoE immediately. He should ignore foresight. He should be immune to shock. He should have some kind of debuff handling. What is the use of a mass assist to restore protection when 2 or 3 of your squad are dazed or have fear? He could for example cleanse daze, fear and whatever prevents his allies from mass attacking.

For the record: Rey could be taken down with 2 to 4 tanks depending on what else I used. SLKR I could bring down to yellow/red health bar but ultimately he beat my SEE.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    So, Kyno keeps asking why no one uses SEE with 4 tanks. I did that today with my Ultimate SEE and he still sucks. 10 battles, 5 vs Rey and 5 vs SLKR.

I think what Kyno is asking for is to provide evidence of what they are experiencing with SEE - namely videos - as people can then assess for themselves and decide whether SEE is under-delivering. Something for the Devs to examine too.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I think what Kyno is asking for is to provide evidence of what they are experiencing with SEE - namely videos as this provides a more persuasive argument that SEE is under-delivering.

Plus, you are also saying SEE took out Rey and seems to handle JML (from what others have said). That's not too bad is it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Why does he need to transform and then just stand there and do nothing? Instead he should use his AoE immediately. He should ignore foresight. He should be immune to shock. He should have some kind of debuff handling. What is the use of a mass assist to restore protection when 2 or 3 of your squad are dazed or have fear? He could for example cleanse daze, fear and whatever prevents his allies from mass attacking.

For the record: Rey could be taken down with 2 to 4 tanks depending on what else I used. SLKR I could bring down to yellow/red health bar but ultimately he beat my SEE.

I didnt say that, 1 because there are only 3 sith tanks.

And 2, I asked once, in rebuttal to someone cherry picking points about the release info to focus on.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »

This confuses me. He beats JML, he beats Rey. Why isn't that enough? Why does he have to beat SLKR too? Does this mean if he beats SLKR he no longer beats Rey? Or does he no longer beat JML? any rock-paper-scissors-esque meta limits how many of the other metas you can beat so why is it so imperative GLEE beats SLKR?

He needs to beat SLKR because JML can beat all three, Rey can beat all three and Kylo can beat all three. SEE is the odd one out in EASE of winning on offense.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I think what Kyno is asking for is to provide evidence of what they are experiencing with SEE - namely videos as this provides a more persuasive argument that SEE is under-delivering.

Yes please.

Most of what we have seen for counters have been against not fully upgraded SEE, and no ultimate.

Most of the other stuff not related directly to his counters have been showing some really good arguments for him needing a little more power possibly, or some other minor tweaks. A few are going a little far and really want to push him to the more OP side of things..... only time will tell where we land on this one.

He is still likely to be my 3rd GL.
  • Options

Videos would be nice, but what was the win/loss ratio on these? Did you beat Rey all 5 times but lose to SLKR all 5 times?
  • Options

Videos would be nice, but what was the win/loss ratio on these? Did you beat Rey all 5 times but lose to SLKR all 5 times?

Against SLKR in all 5 battles I got him down to 1vs 1 and lost. Against Rey the squad with 3-4 tanks performs worse than, for example, SEE, BSF, WAT, Malak, SiT. But against Rey I did not win all 5 battles (did 3 more in the meantime, won 2).

And about the videos: 10-15 full videos, upload them to Google Drive or Youtube, maybe edit them before I post 10-15 links here in the forum ... for what? Is anything getting better for me by doing this? A task that takes me an hour?
  • Options
    Found this in my history for this past GAC. r7 SEE (no Ult), r4 Bastila, G12 Trooper. G12 Geos
    bqsvzg2cm4zf.png
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    MikKro wrote: »
    Found this in my history for this past GAC. r7 SEE (no Ult), r4 Bastila, G12 Trooper. G12 Geos
    bqsvzg2cm4zf.png

why would anyone try to undersize Geos. Geos can always surprise you :joy:
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    bqsvzg2cm4zf.png

why would you try to undersize Geos. Geos can always surprise you :joy:

You can beat Geos with Vader lead + 1 tank. Or with Nest solo or Quira lead + Nest. The most common Geo counter is Triumvirate, that is 3 vs 6.
  • Options

Against SLKR in all 5 battles I got him down to 1vs 1 and lost. Against Rey the squad with 3-4 tanks performs worse than, for example, SEE, BSF, WAT, Malak, SiT. But against Rey I did not win all 5 battles (did 3 more in the meantime, won 2).

And about the videos: 10-15 full videos, upload them to Google Drive or Youtube, maybe edit them before I post 10-15 links here in the forum ... for what? Is anything getting better for me by doing this? A task that takes me an hour?

Huh. Can SEE get to his ult each time vs Rey? Or do the tanks just fall too quickly?

And for the videos, it can help us diagnose if the problem is in team composition, or gearing, or mods, or just SEE being inferior. That’s hard to determine from a single GAC record or from “SEE bad”.
  • Options
    bqsvzg2cm4zf.png

why would you try to undersize Geos. Geos can always surprise you :joy:

You can beat Geos with Vader lead + 1 tank. Or with Nest solo or Quira lead + Nest. The most common Geo counter is Triumvirate, that is 3 vs 6.

yes some geo counters are undersized; however those are tested and tried alot. and g12 SET isn't a good enough tank vs a g12 geo spy so that comp was already screwed in that regard.
  • Options

Huh. Can SEE get to his ult each time vs Rey? Or do the tanks just fall too quickly?

And for the videos, it can help us diagnose if the problem is in team composition, or gearing, or mods, or just SEE being inferior. That’s hard to determine from a single GAC record or from “SEE bad”.

It is not a problem to charge the ultimate against Rey. And going with the strategy guide of 3-4 tanks ... how could there be a problem in team composition? I won’t post any videos. Currently SEE performance against standard arena GL meta teams is not in line with the investment.
  • Options

It is not a problem to charge the ultimate against Rey. And going with the strategy guide of 3-4 tanks ... how could there be a problem in team composition? I won’t post any videos. Currently SEE performance against standard arena GL meta teams is not in line with the investment.

Because there’s no consensus on what the best SEE lineup is, or the best tanks to use with him, or the best strategies, or anything. There’s also a great deal of variation in Rey teams. If you post a video, or even just a summary of key characters and events, I can make suggestions that will maybe up your win rate. Otherwise, I can’t tell whether this is SEE being bad or unintended, or user error, or something else.

You don’t want to devote your time to documenting your battles in video or in text, fine. But I’ve yet to see a video of many of the “counters” or bad battles that people have brought up that don’t have some way to swing the favor towards SEE again.
  • LordDunbar
    477 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Plus, you are also saying SEE took out Rey and seems to handle JML (from what others have said). That's not too bad is it?

The problem I think why people are upset is because those teams being used to beat GL Rey, do much better without SEE in them, lol. Just because you throw SEE in a team that can already beat Rey, doesn't mean he's good or even useful.

I can beat most GL Rey teams with vader/thrawn/wat/traya/badstila. If I replace thrawn with SEE in that team, I can probably beat Rey too, but is that realllllly helpful, especially when I'll probably do worse or take longer in the match?

SEE is a horrible leader too. His leadership doesn't help at all or do anything other teams can't already do
  • Options
    Yeah, this Palp should be at his height as well, both in-game and out of game. Mastery of the Force strengthens with age, even if physical capabilities are weaker.

He was killed by his barely trained granddaughter. :trollface:

"Talent does not depend upon age"
  • Options
    Rey was plot armor... the best talent to have...
  • Options
    I just watched today 2 videos: one where nighsisters beat SEE. Another one where Padme beats SEE

I ve never seen a GL squad being beaten by so many teams

Rey says "HI".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I just watched today 2 videos: one where nighsisters beat SEE. Another one where Padme beats SEE

I ve never seen a GL squad being beaten by so many teams

Rey says "HI".

SLKR says "HI".
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • VelvetDiamond_R6
    78 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Not sure how accurate this is, but from what im hearing in discords, JML can beat Ultimate SEE now, so long as he is faster.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options
    JML can definitely beat SEE, although I think there are some issues there (not really from SEE being too strong other than peak prot drain, but rather JML having an issue there). It just requires a different squad setup. The situation is nothing like SEE vs SLKR, where having the Sith GL is a burden.
  • Options
    Starting to feel like farming SEE was a huge mistake. I hope to god CG are smart an actually decide to buff him.
This discussion has been closed.