Shoretrooper place in IT team

So I'm farming for SEE. (Disclaimer - No, idc if he's weak and can be countered by Jawas. That's hardly the topic here).

I'll be having a relic'd Veers, Starck and Piett by the end of it. Who would be the best two others to go on a trooper team?

I'm considering farming Shoretrooper. His pretaunt seems very handy.
Also is Piett better on IT or on an Empire team?

Replies

• With those three use two offensive ones. If you're fast enough to go first you won't need the pre-taunt.

Range/Snow
    Range/Death
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    With those three use two offensive ones. If you're fast enough to go first you won't need the pre-taunt.

Range/Snow
    Range/Death

I see. Thanks!
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    With those three use two offensive ones. If you're fast enough to go first you won't need the pre-taunt.

Range/Snow
    Range/Death

Precisely! Who needs a tank when the enemy doesn't get a turn.

I'd go range/snow.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Shore is still handy in one of the GL Rey counter teams but yes, range + snow/DT are better on an IT team which also leaves Piett available for your Vader team.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    I'll throw in that the Stark Zeta is what helps not need the pretaunt; make him really fast and you can remove enemy tm right away.
  • I'd go Snow + DT, Shore can be used in a Vader GL counter or as a filler in case you need that +8 speed for Vader for outspeeding Geos.
    DT is pretty crucial for his buff dispell (taunts, retributions, etc.), his CD increase and the killing blow with his special that prevents revives.
    I'd take Snow over Range for the additional TM gain for empire chars on his unique aswell as that juicy +20% CD boost. Also the AoE might become handy if you're somehow stuck attacking a taunt (smth retaunting like GK or Bossk) and you can use it to kill off a low HP enemy to keep the TM train rolling.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I'll throw in that the Stark Zeta is what helps not need the pretaunt; make him really fast and you can remove enemy tm right away.

I just placed that zeta, thanks for pointing it out. Does he need potency? I could gain 9 speed at the cost of quite a bit of potency. Sporting a potency primary crit chance cross with only 10 speed. I have a health primary crit chance cross with 19 speed and wonder if that would be more beneficial?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

I just placed that zeta, thanks for pointing it out. Does he need potency? I could gain 9 speed at the cost of quite a bit of potency. Sporting a potency primary crit chance cross with only 10 speed. I have a health primary crit chance cross with 19 speed and wonder if that would be more beneficial?

Without looking into this directly, I usually tend to put the speed on, then adjust down to add other stats based on performance/advice. How you use the team can different from others and sometimes it will work better to judge that for yourself.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

Someone who runs troopers can answer, but do you have other sets for the cross that could work?
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    but do you have other sets for the cross that could work?

I remodded several characters to unlock Slacker. Not sure where this guy originated, was just looking to upgrade speed on Stark. If I understand the question is can I use it somewhere else, yes, probably.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Range is 100% required imo, both for his assists and protection recovery. Which just leaves the last slot.

Snow and Death are both good if your Stark is fast enough to go first and you can get a kill quickly to start the TM party.

If you think there's a chance you might have to endure a few hits, go for Shore. You lose a bit of damage output, but the officers + range do plenty of damage anyway, especially with Emperor's Trap stacking up as crazy fast as it does.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png