Yoda Event Post Patch

Prev1
I'll try to keep this short and I am not aware if this point has been made.

There has been a lot of speculation that the yoda event will not be available this month. As it has in the two months prior. Here is the thread with the discussion as well as the dev comment about CG not releasing the date because they do not want to, "ruin any surprises."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21135/i-have-a-sneaking-suspicion-yoda-isnt-coming-back-next-month#latest

I will speculate (I know that's not always good around here but...) Yoda will not be here during the level grind to 80 and will return once the level cap has been reached by a majority of the player base. What does this mean?

Anyone who aquired 7* Yoda at 70 will be at a major advantage to anyone completing it post patch. When Yoda does return he will be a lvl 80 bad **** green killing machine. You will have to build a full lvl 80 squad of Jedi with max gear and abilities to defeat him. This will require a large amount of resources even more so then 70 because of the quantity and rarity of the materials needed.

Those that have him will allready be working on the new meta and those that wish to add him to their roster will have to sink a large amount of resources into Heros that others will be leveling on there 2nd, 3rd, 4th team.

This being said it may be a better investment of your time to wait until you have the resources to spare rather then forcing the issue and making your team less competitive. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet.

Just wanted to bring up this possible scenario to give everyone something to think about. Good luck with the new patch.

Replies

• You might have a point, but bring back yoda anyways!
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I am shocked they haven't made an announcement on this. I have a 7* yoda so I don't have any investment in if he comes back, but the fact they haven't said anything is bothersome (though, not out of the norm).
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'd rather they run it before the cap raise personally. Alternately, keep it at it's current level regardless.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    This would be completely unfair to people who planned to 7* him 3 weeks after the last event (like me) and a really obnoxious move. I hope you are wrong, but fear you are not.
    I've already said my peace on the bogus "surprise" for something that they clearly said would be on a regular schedule.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    While I don't believe they ever claimed he was on a monthly schedule, they did say he would come for a while and be back awhile later (or something like that). So, while technically it wouldn't go against what they say if it doesn't come back for a few months.... it should at least be communicated. Especially since the count down timer showed up right away for the second release which led you to believe it was monthly.
  • Hell, I'm finally about to even have 5 5-star Jedi to UNLOCK him. So, please, lets not take too long to get him back.
  • Llewella wrote: »

Anyone who aquired 7* Yoda at 70 will be at a major advantage to anyone completing it post patch. When Yoda does return he will be a lvl 80 bad **** green killing machine. You will have to build a full lvl 80 squad of Jedi with max gear and abilities to defeat him. This will require a large amount of resources even more so then 70 because of the quantity and rarity of the materials needed.

Wait, by advantage, are you assuming that they are going to scale up the difficulty of Yoda to match the new cap in effect at that time? Like an inflation adjusted Yoda difficulty?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Llewella wrote: »

Wait, by advantage, are you assuming that they are going to scale up the difficulty of Yoda to match the new cap in effect at that time? Like an inflation adjusted Yoda difficulty?

I think advantage is the wrong word. If they scale yoda (which only makes sense), then that means that people who got him at 70 spent less mats and gears.

Now, if they keep the same yoda, then a lvl 80 jedi team has an advantage because he will be so much easier.

• Phern
    172 posts Member
    Just give me a date so I know when to take barriss jc and koth from 6 to 7*. Don't care if it's June 22nd just let me know a date
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Phern wrote: »
    Just give me a date so I know when to take barriss jc and koth from 6 to 7*. Don't care if it's June 22nd just let me know a date

"It's a surprise! Isn't this fun? WE are certainly having fun because we know everything! Oh, you guys don't know anything? Well, it will be so much fun when you are surprised!"
    Blergh.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member

Seems a safe assumption. When have they ever made something easier or more fair?

They might also be considering how fortitude fits in. If they are really balancing down speed toons and improving slower toons then Yoda would likely become easier even w/o the level cap increase.

Sucks for anybody who didn't get him yet.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

This.

Yep, spend a lot of time, effort and money in get the jedi's and not I do I can't get yoda :(
  • Barrok wrote: »

I think advantage is the wrong word. If they scale yoda (which only makes sense), then that means that people who got him at 70 spent less mats and gears.

Now, if they keep the same yoda, then a lvl 80 jedi team has an advantage because he will be so much easier.

I don't know for sure of course, but I'd think they'd keep him the same and not scale it up. There are also new people joining the game that will be at varying levels of XP and by continually upping the scale to benchmark to the first group of players doesn't seem to make sense. The early Yoda winners are not disadvantaged because they are rewarded for getting him early by having him to use for many months while the players lagging behind have not.
  • Really glad I was finally able to get Mace to 6*...

There is the conundrum. I opted to take Ima-Gun Di to 7* because I thought he would have future use. I knew the grind would be longer and I would only be able to get 6* yoda the second time around. I was OK with that. But if I knew he wouldn't be coming back I might have finished Mace instead to get 7star yoda earlier. I guess patience is a jedi trait unless you want yoda then screw it you only get 2 shots at it.

I feel ya man, he was the only one I could grind that made sense (thinking that we had a month to figure out/plan our Jedi for Yoda) and he is a 6* blue geared waste of space.
  • I disagree with the OP. The event shouldn't (hopefully won't change). Yoda should be the same level and abilities that he was pre patch. He should still be beatable by a 7* level 65 team as long as you have the right one. Other challenges and events don't change just because the level cap gets raised, why would Yoda
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »

I don't know for sure of course, but I'd think they'd keep him the same and not scale it up. There are also new people joining the game that will be at varying levels of XP and by continually upping the scale to benchmark to the first group of players doesn't seem to make sense. The early Yoda winners are not disadvantaged because they are rewarded for getting him early by having him to use for many months while the players lagging behind have not.

Exactly. It makes more sense to leave him as is and he will become easier to get for those who try next time. The ones who already have him arent negatively impacted by this because they have been using him this whole time. So it still was more advantagous to get him early on even if he does become easier.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I feel for you guys. I focused on 5 easy FTP Jedi to get him at 6 stars the first event and 7* last time. He really is the best, most well rounded character in the game and I hope he comes back for you guys soon.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I disagree with the OP. The event shouldn't (hopefully won't change). Yoda should be the same level and abilities that he was pre patch. He should still be beatable by a 7* level 65 team as long as you have the right one. Other challenges and events don't change just because the level cap gets raised, why would Yoda

I agree, otherwise you are now saying all new players must grind all the way to 80 just to get him when everyone else was able at 70. It should be possible at 70 and if it's too hard you can try again at 71, 72. .. So on until he is easy enough for you to beat.
  • If your not wrong I'm done with this game I've not busted my butt to try for a full team of Jedi for Yoda just to make it harder and a bigger pain than it already is for those of us that couldn't spend the money to get my team to 7*

I agree, otherwise you are now saying all new players must grind all the way to 80 just to get him when everyone else was able at 70. It should be possible at 70 and if it's too hard you can try again at 71, 72. .. So on until he is easy enough for you to beat.

Exactly. And then take that same logic months from now and past the 80 cap when the cap eventually goes to 90 or 100. So new players have to push to 90 / 100 and go gear 10+ before passing the Yoda event? I just don't see that happening.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Its easy to say you will quit when you have nothing invested.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Exactly. And then take that same logic months from now and past the 80 cap when the cap eventually goes to 90 or 100. So new players have to push to 90 / 100 and go gear 10+ before passing the Yoda event? I just don't see that happening.

Lack of logic hasn't stopped them before.
    Clearly they are doing something, or why remove the timer and then refuse to answer a simple question when asked by dozens of people whose plans are now in limbo?
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    I disagree with the OP. The event shouldn't (hopefully won't change). Yoda should be the same level and abilities that he was pre patch. He should still be beatable by a 7* level 65 team as long as you have the right one. Other challenges and events don't change just because the level cap gets raised, why would Yoda

I hope so!
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    I want a new event
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Lack of logic hasn't stopped them before.
    Clearly they are doing something, or why remove the timer and then refuse to answer a simple question when asked by dozens of people whose plans are now in limbo?

Maybe something good... Like they are bringing the event back permanently. So the turned the timers off. Now he'll just be there until you beat it.... :smiley: