October/November Road Ahead?

Prev1
Just wondering what the plan for this quarter is, as we desperately need new content, and maybe the easing of the gear crunch. What do you guys think? will there be a road ahead soon @CG_Doja_Fett , @CG_SBCrumb @Kyno ?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ok, formal greetings are in the can, let’s start talking business and do some community managing.
    1. Are we getting a Road ahead or SofG soon? (as in this month)
    2. Are we getting a Q&A session soon?
    3. Do you plan on doing any interviews( Youtubers/GWR?)
    4. Do you like lists?
    5. Are you gonna finally kill the dev tracker or update it?
    6. Crumb had Friday facts, how about Monday Morsel?

Ok, formal greetings are in the can, let’s start talking business and do some community managing.
    1. Are we getting a Road ahead or SofG soon? (as in this month)
    2. Are we getting a Q&A session soon?
    3. Do you plan on doing any interviews( Youtubers/GWR?)
    4. Do you like lists?
    5. Are you gonna finally kill the dev tracker or update it?
    6. Crumb had Friday facts, how about Monday Morsel?

Formal greetings are used when interacting with others to be polite and show respect. Glad we covered that first.

Now, to those questions:

1. Crumb is working on it as we speak.
    2. Nothing on the schedule for this month.
    3. Yes.
    4. This one in particular? Or lists in general?
    5. Impeccable timing: we had a discussion about the dev tracker last week. Stay tuned.
    6. Are "Friday Facts" something you'd like to see make a comeback? That seems like it could be fun.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Will that particular topic be a key point, we will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Link_17 wrote: »
    Just wondering what the plan for this quarter is, as we desperately need new content, and maybe the easing of the gear crunch. What do you guys think? will there be a road ahead soon CG_Doja_Fett , CG_SBCrumb Kyno ?
    Maybe on Monday because of Mando Mondays?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just wondering what the plan for this quarter is, as we desperately need new content, and maybe the easing of the gear crunch. What do you guys think? will there be a road ahead soon CG_Doja_Fett , CG_SBCrumb Kyno ?

CG will be on the latest GWR this monday where they are supposedly revealing some "big news"
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    More characters (content) inbound
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

CG will be on the latest GWR this monday where they are supposedly revealing some "big news"

Boo....wish they would stop only using GWR....

They said they are looking into other platforms

Personally, I'm not a fan of any non-textual format since you have to listen / watch through the whole thing but people want other formats so it is what it is
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

This. Cant stress it enough.
  • Options
    And 2-3 new gls garbage
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    The big news is the game is ending at the end of the year!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Eweff wrote: »

Mace Windu rework confirmed!!!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

CUP rework confirmed!!
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Eweff wrote: »

I guess he’s not the only thing going out the window!
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options

CUP rework confirmed!!

CUP as the next GL to represent the vast network of government bureaucracy known as the Galactic Republic.
  • Options
    I hope CG has some new content planned, but I'm starting to think that's less and less likely
  • StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, like, why don't they team up with a group of YouTube channels that are popular among the community? And they could spread it out, or do all of them at once for stuff that's really big. Or for a complicated new game mode, they could go over a piece of it with a different channel. Wouldn't that be something?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I hope they have my guild's missing TB rewards and my missing 60 JML event tickets in the next RA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Yeah, like, why don't they team up with a group of YouTube channels that are popular among the community? And they could spread it out, or do all of them at once for stuff that's really big. Or for a complicated new game mode, they could go over a piece of it with a different channel. Wouldn't that be something?

Because they have a personal vendetta against the youtubers, which is bad for business. Wish they would get over themselves and do what’s best for the community as a whole and work with them again.

I'm sad that you missed the obvious allusion to the fact that what I described was, in fact, the Game Changers program, that actually existed and did the exact thing we're saying they should be doing. Oh well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Because they have a personal vendetta against the youtubers, which is bad for business. Wish they would get over themselves and do what’s best for the community as a whole and work with them again.

I'm sad that you missed the obvious allusion to the fact that what I described was, in fact, the Game Changers program, that actually existed and did the exact thing we're saying they should be doing. Oh well.

I didn’t miss it. I just came out and said it rather than do the whole sarcasm bit, which is fine and all, no shade thrown.

Someone said, can’t remember who, that this is the only EA game without a game changer program. I am not 100% if this is a true statement, and if it is, it’s just illustrates CG hatred of the former Gamechangers.

I think I looked when this came up, and no this is not the only game without it. It does seem to be more studio specific, than game specific.

I dont think they have as much of an issue with the Game changers as many put out there, but who knows the full story.

There was also a segment of the community that didn't appreciate some of the stuff going on with the Game Changer program, so the community as a whole may not be in unison that this would be the way to do things, but yes segments of it would be, and i would guess that is the majority.
  • StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options

I didn’t miss it. I just came out and said it rather than do the whole sarcasm bit, which is fine and all, no shade thrown.

Someone said, can’t remember who, that this is the only EA game without a game changer program. I am not 100% if this is a true statement, and if it is, it’s just illustrates CG hatred of the former Gamechangers.

I think I looked when this came up, and no this is not the only game without it. It does seem to be more studio specific, than game specific.

I dont think they have as much of an issue with the Game changers as many put out there, but who knows the full story.

There was also a segment of the community that didn't appreciate some of the stuff going on with the Game Changer program, so the community as a whole may not be in unison that this would be the way to do things, but yes segments of it would be, and i would guess that is the majority.

The community will never be in unison on anything as evident by the back and forth of these forums, however, you can’t deny that Ahnald, Cubs and the other youtubers/twitchers have great deal more followers then GWR. It’s over 200k just between Ahnald and Cubs. It makes zero sense not to use that to get the word out about something and generate hype. I would be willing to bet that Ahnald will have more views about what’s put out on GWR today then GWR has downloads all year.

You just proved it doesn't matter which 'personality' they pick. The news will spread. Someone will listen to GWR and disseminate, and Ahnald and Cubs will both cover it after the fact, and ultimately everyone will know what was said.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The community will never be in unison on anything as evident by the back and forth of these forums, however, you can’t deny that Ahnald, Cubs and the other youtubers/twitchers have great deal more followers then GWR. It’s over 200k just between Ahnald and Cubs. It makes zero sense not to use that to get the word out about something and generate hype. I would be willing to bet that Ahnald will have more views about what’s put out on GWR today then GWR has downloads all year.

agree.

but there also doesn't need to be a game changer program for that to happen.