Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Link_17 wrote: »
    Just wondering what the plan for this quarter is, as we desperately need new content, and maybe the easing of the gear crunch. What do you guys think? will there be a road ahead soon CG_Doja_Fett , CG_SBCrumb Kyno ?
    Maybe on Monday because of Mando Mondays?

CG will be on the latest GWR this monday where they are supposedly revealing some "big news"

Boo....wish they would stop only using GWR....

Yeah, like, why don't they team up with a group of YouTube channels that are popular among the community? And they could spread it out, or do all of them at once for stuff that's really big. Or for a complicated new game mode, they could go over a piece of it with a different channel. Wouldn't that be something?

Because they have a personal vendetta against the youtubers, which is bad for business. Wish they would get over themselves and do what’s best for the community as a whole and work with them again.

I'm sad that you missed the obvious allusion to the fact that what I described was, in fact, the Game Changers program, that actually existed and did the exact thing we're saying they should be doing. Oh well.

I didn’t miss it. I just came out and said it rather than do the whole sarcasm bit, which is fine and all, no shade thrown.

Someone said, can’t remember who, that this is the only EA game without a game changer program. I am not 100% if this is a true statement, and if it is, it’s just illustrates CG hatred of the former Gamechangers.

I think I looked when this came up, and no this is not the only game without it. It does seem to be more studio specific, than game specific.

I dont think they have as much of an issue with the Game changers as many put out there, but who knows the full story.

There was also a segment of the community that didn't appreciate some of the stuff going on with the Game Changer program, so the community as a whole may not be in unison that this would be the way to do things, but yes segments of it would be, and i would guess that is the majority.

The community will never be in unison on anything as evident by the back and forth of these forums, however, you can’t deny that Ahnald, Cubs and the other youtubers/twitchers have great deal more followers then GWR. It’s over 200k just between Ahnald and Cubs. It makes zero sense not to use that to get the word out about something and generate hype. I would be willing to bet that Ahnald will have more views about what’s put out on GWR today then GWR has downloads all year.

agree.

but there also doesn't need to be a game changer program for that to happen.

Not saying we need a gamechanger program, just need CG to work with the youtubers in a way that benefits the community, CG and the youtubers.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Yuck why would anyone watch a youtube shouter when they could listen to a podcast.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Yuck why would anyone watch a youtube shouter when they could listen to a podcast.

Apparently, over 200k people....
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Didn't answer the question.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Didn't answer the question.

Misread your post....stupid work.

*insert “ain’t nobody got time for that” meme here.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Link_17 wrote: »
    Just wondering what the plan for this quarter is, as we desperately need new content, and maybe the easing of the gear crunch. What do you guys think? will there be a road ahead soon CG_Doja_Fett , CG_SBCrumb Kyno ?
    Maybe on Monday because of Mando Mondays?

CG will be on the latest GWR this monday where they are supposedly revealing some "big news"

Boo....wish they would stop only using GWR....

Yeah, like, why don't they team up with a group of YouTube channels that are popular among the community? And they could spread it out, or do all of them at once for stuff that's really big. Or for a complicated new game mode, they could go over a piece of it with a different channel. Wouldn't that be something?

Because they have a personal vendetta against the youtubers, which is bad for business. Wish they would get over themselves and do what’s best for the community as a whole and work with them again.

I'm sad that you missed the obvious allusion to the fact that what I described was, in fact, the Game Changers program, that actually existed and did the exact thing we're saying they should be doing. Oh well.

I didn’t miss it. I just came out and said it rather than do the whole sarcasm bit, which is fine and all, no shade thrown.

Someone said, can’t remember who, that this is the only EA game without a game changer program. I am not 100% if this is a true statement, and if it is, it’s just illustrates CG hatred of the former Gamechangers.

I think I looked when this came up, and no this is not the only game without it. It does seem to be more studio specific, than game specific.

I dont think they have as much of an issue with the Game changers as many put out there, but who knows the full story.

There was also a segment of the community that didn't appreciate some of the stuff going on with the Game Changer program, so the community as a whole may not be in unison that this would be the way to do things, but yes segments of it would be, and i would guess that is the majority.

The community will never be in unison on anything as evident by the back and forth of these forums, however, you can’t deny that Ahnald, Cubs and the other youtubers/twitchers have great deal more followers then GWR. It’s over 200k just between Ahnald and Cubs. It makes zero sense not to use that to get the word out about something and generate hype. I would be willing to bet that Ahnald will have more views about what’s put out on GWR today then GWR has downloads all year.

You just proved it doesn't matter which 'personality' they pick. The news will spread. Someone will listen to GWR and disseminate, and Ahnald and Cubs will both cover it after the fact, and ultimately everyone will know what was said.

Nothing beats hearing something from the source, and most swgohers would prefer to watch a video over downloading and listening to a podcast. So, it would only have sense to cut out the middle man and go to the venue that will have the widest audience. This way, that audience could hear information straight from the source rather then third hand. All I’m saying that it’s not the best way to get the info out to people and generate hype and CG continued use of GWR just proves they put personal feelings over what’s best for the community.

If you care about hearing it from the source, you'll listen to the podcast. If you don't (like most people here, as evidenced by how many watch Cubs read a forum post), then you just wait for the summaries.

While I agree in theory it would make more sense to use more popular personalities, it's clearly not needed.
  • Or they could just put it out on the forums
  • Sea of characters this year.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF wrote: »

To skip the propaganda and the side dish. I dont like it when Ahnald (or Cubs) read the news word by word. When they summarize it, i am all fine with that.

When people praise these podcasts they tend to forget how the studio soft-mocked ppl about TCW reworks. "I wonder if there is anything tcw related coming" or something along those lines, as we were few days from airing the last season of TCW. And they had the audacity to taunt by suggesting something that should be obvious for us, and then not deliver it ever since. If i get to choose between these low moves and shouting, i am happy to go with shouting.

Obviously i dont get to tell anyone (CG, Ahnald etc) how to cover news, but there are certain styles i like more than others.

And probably CG is (and will be) preferring formats where they are not exposed to unforeseen (unscheduled, non-approved) questions.
  • I too, would prefer a text announcement over a YouTube/Podcast “announcement” as I’m deaf.

YouTube’s captioning system is a hit and miss, with more misses. Podcasts, well, no explanation needed there.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I too, would prefer a text announcement over a YouTube/Podcast “announcement” as I’m deaf.

YouTube’s captioning system is a hit and miss, with more misses. Podcasts, well, no explanation needed there.

Does it get frustrating that everyone virtue signals and blathers on about inclusivity and how much they care, but when it comes down to simple things such as "I'm deaf please use text format" that's to much?

I know it frustrates me to see posts about someone collecting and leveling all the lady characters (prove to me any of the jawas or imperial/first order troopers arnt biologically female or have a female designation) cause it just creates a silly expectation. But then here's a real accsessabilty issue, deaf people cant hear podcasts cause they're deaf. I'm not deaf, but can read a whole lot faster than they speak. So it would benefit deaf folks (and me, thats probably the issue here, sorry guys) to post news and information in text, but we can get a sermon IN TEXT about how great it is someone farmed up all the ladies? Yah know there used to be words for folks who favored one gender over the other ....

Tldr? Why not provide important information and news in text to make it more easily accessible to those who it benefits, like the deaf, instead of just posting text walls about trivial stuff that have little to no bearing on 90% of the players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Eutus wrote: »

Tldr? Why not provide important information and news in text to make it more easily accessible to those who it benefits, like the deaf, instead of just posting text walls about trivial stuff that have little to no bearing on 90% of the players.

They do.

Lets not make it out to be something this it is not. They are in no way making an exclusive announcement that will not be shared or posted elsewhere. Yes things may happen at different times, but that is always the nature of advertising.