Suggestions for More Lore Based Squads

Antwon120
26 posts Member
edited October 2020
Hello everyone!

I had a few ideas for some more lore based squads, specifically rebels. As we all know, JKLS was definitely a rebel, so him not having a rebel tag is kind of annoying. I believe there is a solution, and I know for a fact I am not the only one to have come up with this. Change the current Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker to be Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training). Luke, while training with Yoda, had no interactions with rebels (except R2 I guess), so him not having a rebel tag would be perfectly justified. That would open up an opportunity for a new rebel Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.

Assuming that there is a rebel Luke for Episode VI, here are my squad ideas that I would love to see incorporated into the game.

Rebel team for Episode VI
  • Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker LEAD new character
  • Rebel Officer Leia Organa (Endor) new character
  • Han Solo
  • Chewbacca
  • C-3P0/R2-D2

JKLS and ROLO (Endor) would be new characters, the others already exist.

Rebel team for Episode V
  • Commander Luke Skywalker LEAD
  • Rebel Officer Leia Organa could use a rework and maybe some better synergy with this team
  • Captain Han Solo could use a rework and maybe some better synergy with this team
  • Threepio & Chewie does fine, but maybe some better synergy with this team to encourage use of him with this team
  • C-3P0/R2-D2

Everyone already exists for this team, but ROLO and Han could use a "touch up" to make them more viable.

Pros
  • It could make the game match the lore quite a bit more than it currently does.
  • Luke Skywalker, the man who blew up the Death Star, is a rebel.
  • The event for the current JKLS doesn't even feature him, but it does feature Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training).
  • Feel free to point out more.

Cons
  • I do see the possibility that some JKLS owners might be upset, but ultimately, the kit would stay the same if this change were to happen. All that would change is the skin.
  • Feel free to point out more.

I would love to see the game with these characters! CG, I hope that you can at least take a little bit from this and work it into the game. I've said it before in previous posts, and I'll say it again, you guys know more about this stuff than me, but I have simply placed a suggestion. You guys can do whatever you want with this.

Replies

• darth_quont0r
    187 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    They could do another jedi rebel Luke set leaving dagobath to bespin, rebel pilot luke blue lightsaber and has an x wing for him and r2, an x wing covered in swamp mind you lol
  • Technically in return of the jedi, luke did very little with rebels.

The whole jabba scene had nothing to do with the rebellion but was just rescuing his friend.

He did briefly return to the rebellion and volunteered to go on the endor mission but quickly left to confront vader. In fact, there is a point when Luke senses vader and realizes that him working with the rebels will only hurt the cause.

So after a quick speeder chase, he leaves the rebels to go be a jedi.

So it actually makes sense that rotj Luke doesn't synergize that well with rebels.
  • Technically in return of the jedi, luke did very little with rebels.

The whole jabba scene had nothing to do with the rebellion but was just rescuing his friend.

He did briefly return to the rebellion and volunteered to go on the endor mission but quickly left to confront vader. In fact, there is a point when Luke senses vader and realizes that him working with the rebels will only hurt the cause.

So it actually makes sense that rotj Luke doesn't synergize that well with rebels.

I see your point, but he still worked with Leia, Han, Chewbacca, C-3P0, and R2-D2. What they could do is find a way to incorporate really good synergy into this team without letting too much benefits go to rebels in general. They have found ways to do this in the past, and they surely can do it now. For example, JKLS with no Old Republic Jedi synergy.
  • Antwon120 wrote: »
    Technically in return of the jedi, luke did very little with rebels.

I see your point, but he still worked with Leia, Han, Chewbacca, C-3P0, and R2-D2. What they could do is find a way to incorporate really good synergy into this team without letting too much benefits go to rebels in general. They have found ways to do this in the past, and they surely can do it now. For example, JKLS with no Old Republic Jedi synergy.

By worked with you mean jumped off the skiff to fight pretty much alone while han, lando, and chewie fought together. And leia, r2, and 3po worked together to escape.

On endor he separated himself from leia pretty quickly.

But you can put specific synergy in a kit if they choose. Kinda like the did with piet and vader.

By worked with you mean jumped off the skiff to fight pretty much alone while han, lando, and chewie fought together. And leia, r2, and 3po worked together to escape.

But you can put specific synergy in a kit if they choose. Kinda like the did with piet and vader.

I mean they spent a good amount of the movie together on Endor. There was the scene Luke and Leia got separated as they were hunting down the scout troopers. They got back together with the Ewoks eventually. There was also the scene at the end where everyone was celebrating together.

If you didn't notice, it was Rebel Officer Leia Organa (Endor). That character really only existed with JKLS, Han, Chewie, R2, and 3P0. So if we were to add her to the game, the only notable people she had interactions with would be those characters, thus justifying the squad.
    Antwon120 wrote: »

I mean they spent a good amount of the movie together on Endor. There was the scene Luke and Leia got separated as they were hunting down the scout troopers. They got back together with the Ewoks eventually. There was also the scene at the end where everyone was celebrating together.

If you didn't notice, it was Rebel Officer Leia Organa (Endor). That character really only existed with JKLS, Han, Chewie, R2, and 3P0. So if we were to add her to the game, the only notable people she had interactions with would be those characters, thus justifying the squad.

I doubt they will bring them any time soon. I thought they would for awhile to get jedi Luke but it is unlikely now.