Recruitment post

acevice90
7 posts Member
edited October 2020
Hi galaxy of Heroes player across the globe. I'm acevice90 and I am writing this message in times of serious need. I have started a new guild of mine by the name of Prodigal Gaming and I'm running short of Guild members. You've got the message that I need more members in my guild cause' I think that 2 members are seriously short so please consider to join and we can get to the top of this game together. :)
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Not easier to just join a guild with your members? There are a lot of guilds who could use a couple of players
  • Options
    yeah i know that i can join any other guild but when my guild reaches on top, that's a thing that I want to experience.
  • Options
    acevice90 wrote: »
    yeah i know that i can join any other guild but when my guild reaches on top, that's a thing that I want to experience.

Define "the top."
  • Options
    all right you know that when players join in a guild and do raids, guild gp starts rolling in like money and then our guild is ranked. So when my guild gets ranked up top then i will be satisfied. That's what I meant by "the top".
    And a tip, you should get a better wallpaper.
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Do you realize that there's a guild recruitment section elsewhere, & that guild recruitment shouldn't be happening in the General Discussion section?

Cause I gots to tell you, if I were looking for a guild right now, I'd be less likely, not more likely, to join your guild after this. My perception would be that you're disorganized & don't really know what you're supposed to be doing as a guild officer.

Maybe not everyone would be like that, maybe other people would see advertising for guild members in general discussion as, I don't know, bold or brash or assertive or some other (potentially) good thing. But I think you can probably also show off those qualities - if you want to show them off - while still advertising in the right place so that you can simultaneously show off the knowledge & skill of a good guild leader.

If you'd like some advice, make sure your guild is showing up on SWGOH.gg, because right now searching them for prodigal gaming doesn't return anything about you. And then when you're writing your ad, include a link to your SWGOH page right in the ad so that people who want to see what you're about can satisfy their curiosity, maybe become a little more interested.

You might also want to tell people what's in it for them. Right now we know what's in it for you - you need players. But random forum readers don't know you. They didn't get into swgoh so that they could help you out some day.

So tell them how many tickets you get a day. Tell them whether you have rancor on farm, what TBs you play and how many stars you earn when you play them. If you're a starter guild, say that - there are a lot of people who need those. If you're a small guild, but your GP average is 6 Million gp+, say that so that people can tell the difference between a 50Mgp guild with 50 players and a 50Mgp guild with 8 players.

You can put together a good ad, but this isn't it.
  • acevice90
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I am really sorry for posting this comment on the wrong site actually the thing is that i am posting on the forums after a long time after i posted this comment i saw that i had to post this comment in the guild section but i really did not know how to delete comments or anything like that.
    Secondly i am an f2p player and i really don't know what i could offer to other players like you except tips to farm palpatine, thrawn, r2d2 and yoda and i have not brought the hyperdive bundle like others i am a scavenger so i am still surviving and you can say that i am hell bent on making this game f2p. Now i can't change other people's mind. Dude i am just 13. But what i can do is try to persuade other people to join my guild. Now it is up to you that are you willing to join my guild or not. My guild gp is not much with 2 players as you know that's why i posted this comment... Anyway thanks for the comment i need people like you to show me how grounded i am
    And as a matter of fact I'm a guild leader. Not a good one but I am one..
    Post edited by acevice90 on
  • Options
    With the greatest of respect, wanting your own guild to rise up to the top of the rankings is a bit like someone going for their first ever jog aiming to win the next Olympic Marathon.

• Options
    I know this but still I want other people to be happy at the progress they have done as a group or side by side.
    It will take some time but I know it will work out great....
  • Options
    @DarjeloSalas but they have good wallpaper..

Actually not sure where the wallpaper has relevance, but heyho, it definitely made me want to leave my guild and join a guild of two players.

Or not.
  • Options
    This post will get moved when the mods wake up. Also probably not going to have much luck finding people on this site to join your 2 person guild. I'd imagine a very small portion of the community reads the forums and the ones who do are very unlikely to join a 2 person guild with no raids unlocked.

Maybe try discord or something along those lines. Good luck.
  • Options
    The top guilds in the current ranks have players that have been playing for many years and spent a good amount of money to improve their account, this isn’t a game that is friendly to new joiners unless you can pay a lot of thousands for your progression. My suggestion is to study the game better and realise what it is about because you are still very inexperienced. This game needs patience and needs a lot of thinking for the moves you take... it’s not fortnite;)

Ps. My advice is to just find a guild that would help you grow and learn the game
  • Options
    All right I have read all the response for this message and i have come to a conclusion that i am shutting down my guild and joining a new and good one which will probably help me improve my game. Thanks for the review anyway.
  • Options
    acevice90 wrote: »
    all right you know that when players join in a guild and do raids, guild gp starts rolling in like money and then our guild is ranked. So when my guild gets ranked up top then i will be satisfied. That's what I meant by "the top".
    And a tip, you should get a better wallpaper.

Thanks for the tip, ace!
  • Options
    No problem... And the wallpaper thing was just a joke