I made a great tool that helps you get Galactic Legends faster!

Stoffel
5 posts Member
edited October 2022
Hi guys,
maybe some of you already saw this on reddit (either from me or the original version of Jones, who has retired from the game).

I took on the development of his gear tracking sheet for Galactic Legends. This sheet should help you to keep track of how close you are to unlocking the requirements for any Galactic Legend character.

Here's the link to the sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oxKsHZLvpY5XHB2YhBxnO-qh2UD5j1TsykxACrd78TQ/edit?usp=sharing
Please keep in mind, that this sheet itself cannot be edited, but you can create a copy of it for yourself, which you can then fill with your own data.

I'll give you a quick overview of all the features:

Table "Summary":
Here you have to input your ally code first. Then you need to click on the "Update" button. The sheet will then retrieve all your character information from swgoh.gg. Then you'll have an overview of your character and ship progress regarding gear/relic levels and stars for the ships.

Table "Inventory":
Here you need to select for which Galactic Legend you want to farm gear. You can also activate the option to include the gear needed for the Galactic Legend character itself, so you can farm this already, too.
When the right GL is selected, you see the amount of scrap material, signal data and gear pieces that's needed in total. Please note, that on the bottom there are further checkboxes, where you can tell the sheet, that the gear pieces needed to build Aurodium Heatsinks (Holo Projectors) and Electrum Conductors (Visors, Armor Plating, Cybernetics and Wrist Bands) are also included in the total amount of required gear. This will give you an even better overview of what you actually need.
You can now continue to input your inventory, so you see how much you're actually missing. The button "Sort by Location" will help you a lot for this task. When all the gear pieces are sorted by location, you can easily go through your Dark Side, Light Side and Fleet Nodes to look up the amount of gear that you already have.
Now you can click the button "Sort by Missing" to see which gear pieces you need the most of. These are usually the ones you wanna farm first. The button "Hide Finished Gear" makes the sheet only show the gear pieces that you still need, so you only see the data you actually need.

Tables "CharacterFarm":
The purpose of this sheet is to manage your crystals costs and character shard farming. On the top you can play around with the number of energy refreshes you wanna do to see how this affects your crystals.
Beyond that you can input the characters and ships you are currently farming (please be aware that these are divided by ship and normal energy nodes). There you can input the node cost, the number of daily battles on that node, the star goal you wanna achieve and the number of shards you already have on the current star level. The current star level is updated with the "Update" button in the "Summary" table. Please be aware of the fact, that the data comes from swgoh.gg, which only updates once per day usually, so when you do an upgrade on anything, it may take one day until this appears in the sheet.
In the bottom left you can input your daily crystal income from the two arenas (based on your average rank).
In the bottom right you need to input your current amount of crystals. Now you see, when you're gonna run out of crystals with your current spending rate. When you input a desired data where you wanna be finished, you also see how many crystals you'll have left on that day. These can be used for further spendings.

Table "SignalData":
Here you see when the farm for the signal data will be finished based on how many cantina energy refreshes you're buying each day. The column belonging to the selected number of refreshes you input in the table "CharacterFarm" is highlighted in blue. So this helps you decide how many cantina refreshes you'll need to buy to reach a certain deadline date.

Table "GearProgress":
After updating your inventory, you can click the button "Add Row". The number of gear you're missing is now automatially added to the table (both for including GL gear and only the required characters). After you did this a few times you can see how fast you're farming the gear. The automatically calculated polynomical (because in the end the gear grind usually slows down) trendline helps you approximate the date when your gear will be finished.

Table "VersionHistory":
Here you see which changes I made to the sheet. When I make a new version, the sheet automatically gives you a notification the next times you do an update with the "Update" button in the first table.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• wow this is pretty cool imo
  • Most excellent, thanks for your hard work. :)
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    This is awesome, but it's not bringing in the owned inventory for me?
  • RTS wrote: »

As far as I know it can only read gear that has already been applied to a character. There is now way for it to read your currently available gear.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »

As far as I know it can only read gear that has already been applied to a character. There is now way for it to read your currently available gear.

That would make sense, but it shows I need 750 stun guns with 750 total needed, which is odd. 2wfagi3usi29.png
  • Do you mean the 750 Carbanti?
    Well, some gear slots need pure Carbanti without any Stun Guns, so why should this be odd?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Stoffel wrote: »
    Do you mean the 750 Carbanti?
    Well, some gear slots need pure Carbanti without any Stun Guns, so why should this be odd?

It's weird to me that every single piece on that list is an exact number - nothing needs 737 or 49 - it's all quantities of 5 exactly.

Nothing shows in the "inventory" column, which may be limitation of how it works but then why is it there? It's more likely something isn't working properly for me, as this is REALLY well put together.
  • You gotta fill the inventory column yourself.
    There is currently no way of getting the amount of gear that you have not yet applied, so it's a technical limitation for me :-)
    If I could read that, I would do it, believe me.
    But putting in your numbers is easy and fast, just read the instructions in the section for the Inventory table :-)
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    You gotta fill the inventory column yourself.
    There is currently no way of getting the amount of gear that you have not yet applied, so it's a technical limitation for me :-)
    If I could read that, I would do it, believe me.
    But putting in your numbers is easy and fast, just read the instructions in the section for the Inventory table :-)

Gotcha, thanks so much for the effort on this.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    ngl was expecting a picture of a wallet
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This is awesome!

I've ran it all and it looks like my predicted date for JML is going to before Christmas! I'm using the chart to see if i can bring it down before and focus on my gear gaps!

I downloaded google sheets on my phone so when i farm a little bit of gear i just swap straight over and update the inventory column straight away :D

Thanks for throwing it together!
  • Think I'm doing something stupid when I click update nothings happening is it because I'm doing it on a phone?
  • AndrewCee wrote: »
    Think I'm doing something stupid when I click update nothings happening is it because I'm doing it on a phone?

Yes, it's not working on phone
  • @Stoffel could you add to the Character Farm sheet Catina farms and gw Crystal income
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Stoffel wrote: »
    AndrewCee wrote: »
    Think I'm doing something stupid when I click update nothings happening is it because I'm doing it on a phone?

Yes, it's not working on phone

Cheers for the reply :)
  • @Stoffel could you add to the Character Farm sheet Catina farms and gw Crystal income

The GW crystal income is included in the average 100 from daily feats.
    @Stoffel could you add to the Character Farm sheet Catina farms and gw Crystal income

ok. also, what about adding Cantina farms.
    @Stoffel could you add to the Character Farm sheet Catina farms and gw Crystal income

I'm not planning on doing this, sorry.
    It's not that hard to manage that yourself.
    Also I quit the game a few weeks ago, so the sheet won't be continued by me. If anyone is willing to continue my work, feel free to do it :-)
    Maybe just mention me, just like I did with the original creator of the sheet.

I'm not planning on doing this, sorry.
    It's not that hard to manage that yourself.
    Also I quit the game a few weeks ago, so the sheet won't be continued by me. If anyone is willing to continue my work, feel free to do it :-)
    Maybe just mention me, just like I did with the original creator of the sheet.

ok. sorry to hear. But thanks for explaining and giving your work to the community
This discussion has been closed.