What’s this? The Mandalorian stuff.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Cara got the Rebel tag, so BH tag for IG-11 isn't all that implausible. When a tag for a faction that no longer exists is a fair game, a tag for previous iteration of the character is an insignificant detail.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Looooki wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Wolidid wrote: »
    Surely a setup for a legendary event, exactly 5 Mandolorian characters so far... Moff Gideon event maybe?

Usually legendary characters require a faction, not specific characters.

In this case, there’s always an expectation. Those 5 did fought against Gideon.

No, Legendary events are faction based. So far these event restrictions have never wavered. They will not start now.

Nothing stopping them from making a new tag though. Honestly they almost have to, otherwise Kuiil will be as useless as Visas.

U mean like Wampa for JKL?

was JKL a legendary event?
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    Surely a setup for a legendary event, exactly 5 Mandolorian characters so far... Moff Gideon event maybe?

No, Legendary events are faction based. So far these event restrictions have never wavered. They will not start now.

Nothing stopping them from making a new tag though. Honestly they almost have to, otherwise Kuiil will be as useless as Visas.

U mean like Wampa for JKL?

As Kyno pointed out, JKL was not a Legendary event. JKL is a Journey, which requires specific characters, and a Legendary requires a specific faction.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator

I don't think we can be sure of anything at this point in the game. There are other types of events that require specific characters, and there's also nothing stopping them from making a new type of event either. Look at how Malak and GAS style events sprang out of nowhere. Or look at other types like the Heroic events for Talzin/Wicket (which were originally meant to be the only source of their shards) or the Finalizer/Raddus events.

Assume nothing.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

I don't think we can be sure of anything at this point in the game. There are other types of events that require specific characters, and there's also nothing stopping them from making a new type of event either. Look at how Malak and GAS style events sprang out of nowhere. Or look at other types like the Heroic events for Talzin/Wicket (which were originally meant to be the only source of their shards) or the Finalizer/Raddus events.

Assume nothing.

We can be sure that anything they call a Legendary event will be faction specific. They could easily make a new event type for a Mando character, or they could just use a Journey or Epic. But if it's a Legendary, it will not require specific characters.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020

Assume nothing.

We can be sure that anything they call a Legendary event will be faction specific. They could easily make a new event type for a Mando character, or they could just use a Journey or Epic. But if it's a Legendary, it will not require specific characters.

But what I'm saying is we can't be sure of that anymore either. Journey events used to last 7 days; this last JKL was 11 or 12. They can change anything they've said at anytime. So far Legendaries have consistently been a faction, and up through Padmé which only came out last year it's been consistent. But I don't see that set in stone anywhere. It's up to CG's whim to require whomever they want.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Assume nothing.

But what I'm saying is we can't be sure of that anymore either. Journey events used to last 7 days; this last JKL was 11 or 12. They can change anything they've said at anytime. So far Legendaries have consistently been a faction, and up through Padmé which only came out last year it's been consistent. But I don't see that set in stone anywhere. It's up to CG's whim to require whomever they want.

JKL was not a journey, he was a "journey continued"

So when they dont make a new style event, the events follow the same criteria they always have.... for what its worth.
  • And there is the Young Solo type of event: Big Fat Nothing
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    And there is the Young Solo type of event: Big Fat Nothing

Compare the success of Mando and Solo. There will be an event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

And the possible longevity of a show like this that is being very well received.

I cant see how this content will not be interwoven into the game at multiple points over the next few seasons.
  • They could do a hero journey rather than legendary or epic.
  • Nauros wrote: »

As it was a joke, i stand by it. But yeah, agreed ^^

Someone wrote about GC, not sure if it was a joke or not. 'cause it's actually plausible. Offering Nanny Droid shards through GC could bump this new type of event Big Time.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

Assume nothing.

They have changed event durations before. They have not changed event requirements. If we get a Mando Legendary, it will be a faction requirement. This is simple fact.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Just because they've never done something before doesn't mean they can't do it, no matter how unlikely. Your statements are likely, but not facts yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Just because they've never done something before doesn't mean they can't do it, no matter how unlikely. Your statements are likely, but not facts yet.

It has been proven true, unless you have proof to the contrary, this is a fact.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

There are no facts when it comes to future events, neither in SWGOH nor in life.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There are no facts when it comes to future events, neither in SWGOH nor in life.

2cx4bgih0bnv.jpg

It has been proven to be a fact. Until there is evidence to the contrary this is a fact.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    It is know to be true that it has been this way so far. It is not known to be true that it will always be this way, no matter how likely it is.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    It is know to be true that it has been this way so far. It is not known to be true that it will always be this way, no matter how likely it is.

If they call it a Legendary, it will be a faction requirement. There is no reason for them to change it, when they have other event types, and have proven they have no issue creating new event types to suit their needs.

So, yes, Legendary is faction only. This is a fact, and will remain a fact.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Just because there's not reason for them to change it doesn't mean they can't or won't.

You're stating something that is almost certainly so, but not 100% certain, and cannot be certain. Kyno's own definition proved my point for me, but I'm tired of arguing this since it's irrelevant to the point you're ultimately making. I only brought it up because words mean things.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just because there's not reason for them to change it doesn't mean they can't or won't.

You're stating something that is almost certainly so, but not 100% certain, and cannot be certain. Kyno's own definition proved my point for me, but I'm tired of arguing this since it's irrelevant to the point you're ultimately making. I only brought it up because words mean things.

it has been proven to be a fact, without any proof to the contrary, it is a fact. you can feel how you want about the situation, but feelings dont make it not a fact.

we have a literal mountain of proof that legendries are always faction based. :smiley:

facts can be proven to be wrong, but until you can do that, it is a fact.
  • Gideon will be an event.

We will need those five to obtain him.

Only time will tell if I’m wrong or right.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gideon will be an event.

We will need those five to obtain him.

Only time will tell if I’m wrong or right.

sorry, but you asked for it.

you are wrong.

Gideon will be a character, that will be unlocked by an event. ;)
  • DarthGlovoc
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Do phoenix or geos count as factions? Because you can filter for them but do 5-6 characters make up a faction?
  • Do phoenix or geos count as factions? Because you can filter for them but do 5-6 characters make up a faction?

If you're talking about lore perspective, well, I don't think Phoenix would be, we know Geos are millions, so, they're in fact a faction
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Do phoenix or geos count as factions? Because you can filter for them but do 5-6 characters make up a faction?

If you're talking about lore perspective, well, I don't think Phoenix would be, we know Geos are millions, so, they're in fact a faction

You can't filter for lore.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Star Wars.comie37qx6ozp4w.png
    n74l21p6kb45.png
    5x00z7t5grby.png

Wouldn’t it be nice if this was the graphic update talked about..
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

it has been proven to be a fact, without any proof to the contrary, it is a fact. you can feel how you want about the situation, but feelings dont make it not a fact.

we have a literal mountain of proof that legendries are always faction based. :smiley:

facts can be proven to be wrong, but until you can do that, it is a fact.
    Until they aren't.
    CG could also make a new tag
  • I can imagine one of the new toons as legendary events requiring jawas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    I can imagine one of the new toons as legendary events requiring jawas.

Legendary Razor Crest will require jawa.
    J/k
    Post edited by Kyno on