What’s this? The Mandalorian stuff.

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Just because there's not reason for them to change it doesn't mean they can't or won't.

You're stating something that is almost certainly so, but not 100% certain, and cannot be certain. Kyno's own definition proved my point for me, but I'm tired of arguing this since it's irrelevant to the point you're ultimately making. I only brought it up because words mean things.

it has been proven to be a fact, without any proof to the contrary, it is a fact. you can feel how you want about the situation, but feelings dont make it not a fact.

we have a literal mountain of proof that legendries are always faction based. :smiley:

facts can be proven to be wrong, but until you can do that, it is a fact.

I do not believe this to be fully correct. It is true that, to date, Legendary Events for characters have 1) required exactly one faction and 2) allowed players to use any characters from that one faction. However, both ship Legendary Events have strayed from one of these two character constants: Imperial Chimaera is all Rebel (#1 is true), but it requires three specific units: Home One, Ghost, and Phantom II (#2 is false). Flight of the Falcon does not require particular units (#2 is true*), but it allows any capital ship to be used (#1 is false). Therefore, it it is not accurate to say that #1 and #2 have applied to all Legendary events -- only character ones. While characters and ships are different types of units, no formalized distinction has been made between character vs. ship Legendary Events (to my knowledge). As such, we can say that Legendary Events have indeed established precedents both for allowing more than one faction and for requiring specific units. It happens to be that the two ship Legendaries established these precedents, but asserting that this is more than just a very small pattern and is some sort of sub-rule that CG follows for character vs. ship Legendaries would require additional evidence, such as an authoritative declaration.

(* It should be noted that there are only four Bounty Hunter ships, so Flight of the Falcon requires those specific four at present, but if/when there is a fifth, any four could be used.)
    ...also phaserbrain on YouTube and Twitch, but phaser_brain on reddit; 612-693-174
  • Options
    Cant tell if Kyno is joking about needing Jawas for RazorCrest or.......@kyno
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Costino1 wrote: »
    Cant tell if Kyno is joking about needing Jawas for RazorCrest or.......@kyno

He probably doesn't have that knowledge, and even if he did, he sure as hell wouldn't be allowed to tell. So he's joking and/or guessing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Cant tell if Kyno is joking about needing Jawas for RazorCrest or.......kyno

He probably doesn't have that knowledge, and even if he did, he sure as hell wouldn't be allowed to tell. So he's joking and/or guessing.

This. Just joking, but it would fit the story line.
  • Options
    I’m not sure which would be more entertaining, using Jawas to earn RazorCrest shards or watching the forums burn down because Jawas are needed to earn RazorCrest shards.
    Cant tell if Kyno is joking about needing Jawas for RazorCrest or.......kyno

This. Just joking, but it would fit the story line.

• crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I'd be fine with needing Jawas as long as you only need them as strong as you did for crit damage mods.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Having a high-end Jawa team wouldn't be that bad either, another Geo counter would free up your Traya for other stuff in GAC. There are more useless characters than Jawas.
  • Options
    Having a high-end Jawa team wouldn't be that bad either, another Geo counter would free up your Traya for other stuff in GAC. There are more useless characters than Jawas.

Not a lot though ^^
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jawas are good toons, change my mind
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

After seeing them in a GL Rey team taking out Anhald’s Darth Vader, I would say yeah. Lol
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

They're droid thieves. It's like horses' thieves in the Wild West. That's not good.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

They're droid thieves. It's like horses' thieves in the Wild West. That's not good.

I think Ultra meant good tactically, not morally.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I really should work on my jokes; or at least make them funny.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I really should work on my jokes; or at least make them funny.

If I were a cynical man, I would say it's not a joke if it's not funny. :smiley:

• Options
    Where is this content? Release tomorrow? Odd that nothing official here about it yet even a teaser but images on star wars.com?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Where is this content? Release tomorrow? Odd that nothing official here about it yet even a teaser but images on star wars.com?

I believe starwars.com said next week. So there is nothing official, as there is nothing at this moment
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I can imagine one of the new toons as legendary events requiring jawas.
    Legendary Razor Crest will require jawa.J/k

They may not be relic-ed, but at least they are all G12.5, just in case. :)
    Utinni!
    02tkdzs0fifd.jpeg
  • Options
    Jawas ready for action ;)
    3p9ubxd5w1zt.png
  • Options
    3p9ubxd5w1zt.png

Holy moly!!! and you even gave Dathcha the three omegas for his worthless leadership!
    Only one thing i can say to that.......

sph47p4rccv9.jpg
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    3p9ubxd5w1zt.png

Are you sure your name isn't @Mephisto_style ?
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    3p9ubxd5w1zt.png

vueoi5lxj317.jpg
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    3p9ubxd5w1zt.png

vueoi5lxj317.jpg

You've been outdone!
  • Options
    3p9ubxd5w1zt.png

vueoi5lxj317.jpg

You've been outdone!

People never understood the source of my appreciation. It wasn't that they were good enough to relic. It was they were good enough to take to 80k when you had them at 65k for 3 years doing nothing.
  • Options
    Just because there's not reason for them to change it doesn't mean they can't or won't.

You're stating something that is almost certainly so, but not 100% certain, and cannot be certain. Kyno's own definition proved my point for me, but I'm tired of arguing this since it's irrelevant to the point you're ultimately making. I only brought it up because words mean things.

it has been proven to be a fact, without any proof to the contrary, it is a fact. you can feel how you want about the situation, but feelings dont make it not a fact.

we have a literal mountain of proof that legendries are always faction based. :smiley:

Fact: All previous legendaries have been faction based.

Opinion: All future legendaries will be faction based.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Fact: All previous legendaries have been faction based.

Opinion: All future legendaries will be faction based.

Thank you!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH