Event tickets are awful

Replies

• @Bulldog1205
    If tickets are only consumed if you win it allows them to make the events rng dependent, which I hate.

This is a very fair point. I was assuming that the nature & difficulty of the events stayed the same, which was a bad assumption on my part. That out of the way...
    How about instead they allow you to practice the event so you can figure out a strategy, then go in and put your tickets on the line.

Is something that I think is an excellent idea. I've actually advocated for the same thing with TB special battles (though specifically with KAM's battle, I've mentioned Acklay & Wat battles & I'm not clarifying, if I hadn't said it before, that I support adding that other special mission in p4 of LS + the hoth special battles to get ROLO & Imperial Probe shards, then the p6 special battles using ROLO & IP) by adding them to the Journey Guide as playable for zero rewards.

Playing those battles for practice (once you start collecting tickets for GLs or once you qualify for the TB missions) would basically add content for free & return those battles to things that can be figured out and ultimately defeated by the individual player, rather than requiring following instructions created by someone else.

And why wouldn't CG want to add content for free? Heck, I never played the p6 Probe mission before GeoTB was released, so I'd be interested in going back & seeing just how difficult it might have been. Might even be a challenge for me, since I never took my Troopers past g11.

Let's do this, CG.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If tickets are only consumed if you win it allows them to make the events rng dependent, which I hate.

How about instead they allow you to practice the event so you can figure out a strategy, then go in and put your tickets on the line.

Also, increase the ticket cost and rewards so we don't have to run it so many times.

Several guild mates have stated that tier 3 of the JML event is already RNG dependent.

Ah RNG, the siren song of people doing something wrong.

I unlock mine tomorrow.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Also, increase the ticket cost and rewards so we don't have to run it so many times.

Several guild mates have stated that tier 3 of the JML event is already RNG dependent.

I unlock mine tomorrow.

Which is why I will simply watch a guide - and make sure I've restarted my phone before starting tier 3. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I unlock mine tomorrow.

Which is why I will simply watch a guide - and make sure I've restarted my phone before starting tier 3. ;)

My advice is to delete 5 GB of music too lol.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Tier 3 of SEE is very RNG dependent too. Vader crushes JKL, but EP sucks against him.

Land a shock? You probably win. JKL gets too many crits? You probably lose. I had JKL dodge once...that was a loss.

I lost that battle twice in a row and thought about deleting the game.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG doesn’t care about any of this

They do. Which is why the tickets system were dramatically improved this time around (via drop rates)

Meh i really don't see a difference in drop rates of event tickets however they do allow you to farm the same amount on any node which is a welcomed change i suppose. But i really don't see any improvements in the overall drop rates I've always got around 70 per day. When doing all refreshes up till it hits 200 crystals. Which was on par with what I was getting with rey and Kylo

The point is that you can farm anything you want now. Before you had to farm the 6 energy nodes or you were getting less tickets. This is a benefit to players regardless of what you think you're seeing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They do. Which is why the tickets system were dramatically improved this time around (via drop rates)

Meh i really don't see a difference in drop rates of event tickets however they do allow you to farm the same amount on any node which is a welcomed change i suppose. But i really don't see any improvements in the overall drop rates I've always got around 70 per day. When doing all refreshes up till it hits 200 crystals. Which was on par with what I was getting with rey and Kylo

That's because they didnt change the max drop rate, they just gave every farming location the same rate that was on 6 energy nodes. It didnt used to be that way, so you do see an increase in drop rate if you farm anything higher than 6 energy, because those used to be lower.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

That's because they didnt change the max drop rate, they just gave every farming location the same rate that was on 6 energy nodes. It didnt used to be that way, so you do see an increase in drop rate if you farm anything higher than 6 energy, because those used to be lower.

I really don't see a huge improvement in rate of ticket acquisitions. Currently farming 7-b ls and honestly i think event ticket production is slightly worse than before. Granted personal opinion i haven't any hard evidence. But in general it's about the same as before ill just end up with probably 7 kryos when all said and done 😂

There's data AND a dev post that flatly contradict your feelings.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jppc wrote: »
    I can’t understand why they implemented the ticket system. It doesn’t make sense to me

It seems to be a pacing step added in to make the GL process longer.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    I can’t understand why they implemented the ticket system. It doesn’t make sense to me

But it doesn’t make it really longer. Yeah, delay it for 4 weeks (?), one month isn’t so long. They could just launch the GL one month later and don’t put tickets in it

It lengthens the time from release to saturation point. It elongates the time, shifting the beginning point doesnt do that.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member

I can see a "Reason" for the ticket system, it is just implemented bad.
    As many have stated it takes away the fun of trying to figure it out on you own and just becoming a drone for the event if you don't want to waste the resources, not to mention issues with game instability.
    Personally I never really watched any yt strategy or how to video's for this game, that is until this horrid ticket system was implemented because I don't want to waste the resources.
    Sadly the ticket system implementation overshadows how good and fun the GL events could be.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

I can see a "Reason" for the ticket system, it is just implemented bad.
    As many have stated it takes away the fun of trying to figure it out on you own and just becoming a drone for the event if you don't want to waste the resources, not to mention issues with game instability.
    Personally I never really watched any yt strategy or how to video's for this game, that is until this horrid ticket system was implemented because I don't want to waste the resources.
    Sadly the ticket system implementation overshadows how good and fun the GL events could be.

Yes.
  • Kyno wrote: »

But it doesn’t make it really longer. Yeah, delay it for 4 weeks (?), one month isn’t so long. They could just launch the GL one month later and don’t put tickets in it

It lengthens the time from release to saturation point. It elongates the time, shifting the beginning point doesnt do that.
    I could maybe see that at release... maybe.

But now we are down to average players grinding out the original pair and the prerequisites alone take bloody months to grind.

Is it really necessary to add 1-2 weeks on the end of that just to unlock the GL and more to ultimate him/her, including adding up to a day or more for each failed attempt?! It seems excessive.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

But now we are down to average players grinding out the original pair and the prerequisites alone take bloody months to grind.

Is it really necessary to add 1-2 weeks on the end of that just to unlock the GL and more to ultimate him/her, including adding up to a day or more for each failed attempt?! It seems excessive.

Apparently yes it is. In the general discussion about the rate change, this came up,and it was a hard no on this system being removed from the GL path.

Unless you hoard energy. I can't understand why this game keeps catering to that. It's not a fun way to play the game for the vast majority of people.

Apparently yes it is. In the general discussion about the rate change, this came up,and it was a hard no on this system being removed from the GL path.
    To be clear, I am not arguing for removal but I am advocating for a relaxing of what seem like excessively punitive constraints at the end of a multi-month farming grind.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

Unless you hoard energy. I can't understand why this game keeps catering to that. It's not a fun way to play the game for the vast majority of people.

You know why

Whales were buying every energy pack CG throws at them, and the players aren’t farming for resources each day, so they need to spend for more resources

It’s a win-win
  • Should have SEE unlocked just now but Luke glitched and went three times in a row and beat Palp. :|
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Should have SEE unlocked just now but Luke glitched and went three times in a row and beat Palp. :|
    Too bad, so sad,.come back tomorrow!
    - CG
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Should have SEE unlocked just now but Luke glitched and went three times in a row and beat Palp. :|
    - CG

Tomorrow? You mean in two days.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    - CG

Tomorrow? You mean in two days.

refresh harder