TW Tie Breaker?

WoodDaversTrain
20 posts Member
edited October 2020
What is the tie breaker for Territory War?

(I'm sorry if this has been covered somewhere, but I browsed and searched - both these forums and the internet in general - and still can't seem to find the info anywhere.)

Replies

• There isn’t one. Both guilds get 2nd place rewards if they tie.
  • WoodDaversTrain
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    There isn’t one. Both guilds get 2nd place rewards if they tie.

Seriously, they never added a tie breaker?! Tbf, it is much less likely to happen with the scoring changes they added, but to give both teams lower rewards when it does happen is ridiculous. They could at least make you tie for 1st instead of tie for 2nd. Shame.

(Thanks for the response, though!)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Seriously, they never added a tie breaker?! I mean, it is much less likely to happen with the scoring changes they added, but to give both teams lower rewards when it does happen is ridiculous. They could at least make you tie for 1st instead of tie for 2nd. Shame.

tie for second prevents coordinating a tie to both get 1st place rewards
  • WoodDaversTrain
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Kyno wrote: »

I understand the reason, but in effect it means both teams in my TW will be punished when we gave our full effort. I'm not sure what's worse:
    • having a ridiculous, irrelevant, or arbitrary tie breaker like in GAC, or
    • having no tie breaker, and giving both teams the lower reward.

I could recommend a few relevant tie breakers, but it's probably not something that happens frequently enough for CG to actually fix it. And I'll be the first to assert there are more important problems that should be fixed first. But still, it's a shame (even if a minor one).
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    I understand the reason, but in effect it means both teams in my TW will be punished when we gave our full effort. I'm not sure what's worse:
    • having a ridiculous, irrelevant, or arbitrary tie breaker like in GAC, or
    • having no tie breaker, and giving both teams the lower reward.

I could recommend a few relevant tie breakers, but it's probably not something that happens frequently enough for CG to actually fix it. And I'll be the first to assert there are more important problems that should be fixed first. But still, it's a shame (even if a minor one).

What do we need a tie breaker for? How often has a tie happened since the scoring changes?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Also the reward difference is super minor.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon wrote: »
    What do we need a tie breaker for? How often has a tie happened since the scoring changes?

I think I covered that in my post you're responding to... Excerpt:
    ... in effect it means both teams in my TW will be punished when we gave our full effort ...
    ... it's probably not something that happens frequently enough for CG to actually fix it. ... But still, it's a shame (even if a minor one).

If I misunderstood your question, I apologize.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

I think I covered that in my post you're responding to... Excerpt:
    ... in effect it means both teams in my TW will be punished when we gave our full effort ...
    ... it's probably not something that happens frequently enough for CG to actually fix it. ... But still, it's a shame (even if a minor one).

If I misunderstood your question, I apologize.

What I mean is, because a tie is extremely unlikely, why bother creating a tie breaker? From an ROI standpoint, why would CG bother? It might not have even happened at all in the last 2 years since they made the change.

So, what I am asking is, why do you think they should fix a problem that doesn't exist?
  • TVF wrote: »

I would agree it's not game-changing, but I wouldn't call an extra zeta and omega mat super minor, especially at the lower levels and for non-whale players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

0dt0mcmjpy4b.png

• Kyno wrote: »

Seriously, they never added a tie breaker?! I mean, it is much less likely to happen with the scoring changes they added, but to give both teams lower rewards when it does happen is ridiculous. They could at least make you tie for 1st instead of tie for 2nd. Shame.

Coordinating up to 100 people to do something correctly deserves a special reward in itself
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Coordinating up to 100 people to do something correctly deserves a special reward in itself

If a tie was first place rewards both guilds could just fill defenses and then do nothing on offense. Boom, first place rewards for everyone.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

or just do nothing. set defense and move on.

i agree though if you have 2 full clears and a tie, that should involve a portrait or title.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    What I mean is, because a tie is extremely unlikely, why bother creating a tie breaker? From an ROI standpoint, why would CG bother? It might not have even happened at all in the last 2 years since they made the change.

So, what I am asking is, why do you think they should fix a problem that doesn't exist?

Again, I feel like I covered this. Excerpt:
    ... it's probably not something that happens frequently enough for CG to actually fix it. And I'll be the first to assert there are more important problems that should be fixed first. But still, it's a shame (even if a minor one).

To be clear, I'm not asking for CG to fix it. If the information was available, and I didn't have to post here to find out there was no tie breaker, it's really not something I would even have started a post about. But you guys love to take any minor complaint or (attempt at constructive) feedback and blow it all out of proportion.

[sarcasm]So, I apologize. Especially since I'm not a kraken and haven't spent thousands of dollars on the game, I have no right to provide any feedback or expect any consideration of my opinion.[/sarcasm]

Y'all have a nice day.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Of course you have the right, and we have the right to provide counterarguments. That's how forums work.

I'm always surprised how many people here expect full agreement when they make a thread.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Of course you have the right, and we have the right to provide counterarguments. That's how forums work.

I'm always surprised how many people here expect full agreement when they make a thread.

I'm not expecting full agreement. But especially where the OP already said it's probably not worth the effort to fix it, it seems unnecessary and harpy-ish to swoop in and imply that I'm wrong for even mentioning it because it's not worth fixing. It seems both redundant and needlessly combative and/or dismissive. It could have easily been said, "Yeah, that is a bit of a bummer in your circumstance, but I agree it's probably not a big enough problem to warrant a 'fix'."

Generally speaking, I try to stay constructive and build understanding even in disagreement, rather than try to diminish or dismiss others' opinions. But that's just me, and obviously not an internet or even forum mandate. That said, I know it's impossible to win with trolls and I've said my peace, so I'll just unsubscribe.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    I'm not combative, but probably am dismissive. I don't think it's an issue for several reasons:
    1. It doesn't actually happen
    2. The rewards difference aren't enough to bother with
    3. The reason it gives 2nd place rewards is valid

I'm not trolling, I'm just disagreeing that TW needs a tiebreaker at all, regardless of the fact that you agree it's not a needed change. Prior to scoring changes it could have been warranted, because ties happened all the time, and even then people were more mad about their win record than the rewards.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    People really need to learn the difference between a troll and a difference of opinion.
  • WoodDaversTrain
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @StarSon Your input is noted and well understood. Where comments have come off as combative is that they seem to imply I'm wrong for asking for a fix, when in fact I never did. That's where my responses to you have been of the general theme that we don't disagree. I agree it's not worth a fix, as I said from the beginning. That doesn't mean it's not a (minor) shame, at least in my opinion, but again probably not one I'd have even posted about if I didn't have to ask the tie breaker question to begin with.

And I do appreciate those who have engaged in an informative and even positive/joking manner, (esp. SithVicious & CamaroAMF). I think most of the toxicity, both in this thread and all over these forums, is from TVF. Having come to that very pertinent conclusion, I'll probably just look for a way to ignore/mute him.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

People really need to learn the difference between a troll and a difference of opinion.

Where's the toxicity?